PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Ranch rifle Illumination Kit - what say you?

DKircher
02-26-07, 22:55
Been doing some research on the Thunder Ranch Urban Rifle illumation kit, and I believe this is going to be the next purchase for my carbine, unless someone here with some experience can talk me out of it or point me in a better, more efficient, or more cost-effective direction.

It seems to have everything I need (I'm not going to use a tape switch), seems to be good quality and reliable (Streamlight = good, Thunder Ranch = good, right?), and be affordable, a huge MUST. The local Impact Guns has 'em for just over $122 right now.

So, what say you? Thanks in advance.

PALADIN-hgwt
02-27-07, 08:32
xxxxx

DKircher
03-04-07, 23:52
Well, I shoulda listened to you guys across the boards who said not to go with the Streamlight Urban Rifle kit, but invest in a proven, more modern Surefire or Pentagon. The Urban Rifle kit is a little lacking. Actually, just the mount really, the TL-3 is a fine light, a pretty nice one actually. But that mount, with the thumb screws, you just can't get it tight enough to not shift on you and start working its way off your rail, it really seams like an obsolete model. Dissapointing.:mad:

I wonder if there is an ARMS mount that'll fit the TL-3?

bullitt5172
03-21-07, 09:20
Well, I shoulda listened to you guys across the boards who said not to go with the Streamlight Urban Rifle kit, but invest in a proven, more modern Surefire or Pentagon. The Urban Rifle kit is a little lacking. Actually, just the mount really, the TL-3 is a fine light, a pretty nice one actually. But that mount, with the thumb screws, you just can't get it tight enough to not shift on you and start working its way off your rail, it really seams like an obsolete model. Dissapointing.:mad:

I wonder if there is an ARMS mount that'll fit the TL-3?

I agree with you, I bought and sold the Thunder Ranch setup within the same week. I was bulky and I couldn't keep it tight no matter how much I torqued on the screws. The light itself is excellent but the mount is seriously under-designed.