PDA

View Full Version : Where to get patches made?

C45P312
10-20-09, 18:55
So, I'm looking to wear my TAD/Arcteryx jacket for work but currently aren't allowed to since it doesn't have my work's logo on it. Well, instead of wasting a jacket and stitching it all up, I'm able to wear a patch on the arms with my work's logo.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get patches made? All the websites I've searched seem to not have as high quality of a patch compared to Milspecmonkey's. Then again, it just might be the pictures. If I can get this rolling, my counter-parts will be using thier jackets now as well.

Thanks
-Carlo

LOKNLOD
10-20-09, 19:04
Try Camotech.

http://www.camotech.com/index.htm

rob_s
10-20-09, 20:31
These guys made mine
www.americanpatch.com

Be aware, the initial cost is in the digitizing of the image, so having just one or two made is going to be extremely expensive on a per patch basis.

tb417
10-20-09, 22:49
If you are looking to duplicate your company's logo, you might talk to your purchasing agent to see if there is a place that already has that logo, (to avoid that fee that Rob S. is referring to.)

C45P312
10-21-09, 20:31
If you are looking to duplicate your company's logo, you might talk to your purchasing agent to see if there is a place that already has that logo, (to avoid that fee that Rob S. is referring to.)

Already asked. They don't have the capabilities. They also sent me the vector file of our logo if that's what you mean.

tb417
10-21-09, 21:30
Sorry if I implied that I had any first hand knowledge of this industry. I just assumed that whoever stitches your current jackets would have the capability to do patches also.

C45P312
10-21-09, 22:48
Sorry if I implied that I had any first hand knowledge of this industry. I just assumed that whoever stitches your current jackets would have the capability to do patches also.
No worries. The people I go to don't stitch up jackets for all I know. They do our polo shirt embroidery and screen printings but can't make velcro patches

rob_s
10-22-09, 04:39
Careful trying to use shirt files for patches and vice versa.

I tried to use the file from my patch company to have a polo shirt made and it didn't work. I guess the issue was the thickness of the base material.

C45P312
10-22-09, 05:27
Careful trying to use shirt files for patches and vice versa.

I tried to use the file from my patch company to have a polo shirt made and it didn't work. I guess the issue was the thickness of the base material.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to Let them know specifically what I got.