PDA

View Full Version : Help finding help?

06Bouley
10-20-09, 19:31
I guess this would be the right place to post this, if not, I'd appreciate direction to the right place.

I have on the way a DD 12.0 Omega-X FSP rail to put on my brand new DDXV. I'm VERY green, and my "AR-Fu" is lacking immensely. Is there anyone in Kentucky, or southern Indiana that has the necessary skills and tools to do this? I'd appreciate any help that you guys can give me. I don't want to just drop it off to "some guy" that knows "some other guy" and let him screw my new rifle up.

Thanks in advance...

seb5
10-20-09, 19:46
Any gunsmith or serious hobbyist should be able to do this. Are you a member of a club? There ought to be someone there to take care of it. If not send me your upper and I'll install it for you.

Hobe

06Bouley
10-20-09, 20:54
I appreciate that, I'd rather exhaust all the local channels first. Preferably someone who wouldn't mind me looking over their shoulder while they do the work. That way I learn alittle in the process. I'll definitely keep you in mind tho. Very generous...

Fire_Medic
10-20-09, 21:25
Isn't the Omega X 12.0 FSP a 2 peice rail?

If it is the install is straight forward like the other Omega rails, and shouldn't be too difficult. Trying google searching for a video, or take a look over on Weapon Evolution and see if Stickman has installations instructions, or maybe Brownells in their gunsmithing section.

:D

06Bouley
10-20-09, 21:28
I'm pretty sure the the "X" model has a proprietary barrel nut that has to have the FSB removed to install. At least thats what the information that I've run into has said...

06Bouley
10-20-09, 21:29
Really, I'm scared to try to beat out the taper pins. Like I said, I'm VERY new to AR's, and havent seen this done. So taking a 3 lb sledge to my new $1100 rifle makes me quite nervous! :)

Fire_Medic
10-20-09, 21:29
I'm pretty sure the the "X" model has a proprietary barrel nut that has to have the FSB removed to install. At least thats what the information that I've run into has said...

I checked and it is a 2 piece but I'm not sure on the barrel nut. Just trying to help brother. Let us know what you find out.

:)

06Bouley
10-20-09, 21:37
And I appreciate it, very much. The little time I've been here, I see that there's a wealth of information---just trying to tap into it.

Iraqgunz
10-20-09, 22:04
If you don't find someone my offer still stands. AKA cggunz33.

06Bouley
10-20-09, 22:06
You're my ace in the hole, believe me. If I can't find someone local, I'll be calling...