PDA

View Full Version : Green Laser?

Shihan
02-26-07, 23:43
Has anyone found a reliable one that wont break the bank?

Thanks

Chris_C
02-27-07, 00:10
I bought a chicom made one from ebay from a guy in New Orleans. It is a Surefire look -a -like. I put some thread lock on the screws and got it to hold at 200yds no problem. I wouldn't use it for anything but at my range, I am afraid to drop it or hit it hard. I used it prolly 4-5 outings while at a bench and 2 times on the move with my carbine. So I guess, to answer your original question, my answer would be 'no'. If I wasn't afraid of dropping it or hitting it hard...and it wasn't a chicom made product, I may move up to 'maybe'.

Shihan
03-03-07, 02:24
I will prob have to wait until they are on the market for alittle while longer and see how the prices do. I may look at one of the Aimshots?

Thanks

billybronco
05-02-07, 19:52
Hey, check out Viridium....They just came out a few months back.

Unfortunately, their models are frame specific; therefore, one must wait for their pistol's "mate" to be developed. I question them several months back regarding one to simply fit a rail mount on a carbine/rifle. Apparently, they're in the works.

http://www.laseraimingsystems.com/index.php

The product seems to be no joke...I've been planning on getting one for sometime now....

SGTMAJ
05-03-07, 07:47
lasermax is going to release their unimax in green this month. Dont know what your price line is but MSRP is 399.00 Mil/LE/NRA instructor discount price is 275.00

CTguy55
10-09-10, 11:58
Hi Everyone,

I had ordered a laser from a company in Texas months ago and they
are having problems with circuit boards so I ended up canceling my
order and now am in the market again for a green laser.

Laser Max Uni-G for 289 and then a 60 dollar rebate puts it in
the 229 money end so that is doable.....but im reading some
things that dont make it sound too good. 59 bucks for a
pressure switch is a bit much as well.

The Z-Bolt BTMK10 is the way I would like to go, but im
ex-military, so they wont sell to me.

Virdian C5 is 225.99 and free shipping X-5 is 329 too much.

Laserlyte K-15 is 239.97, but ive read some bad reviews.

Most times when something works great, you are too lazy to
write a good review about it.....but if something does not work
well......you squawk all over the place about it.

So unless you have a place like "Consumers Reports" that buys
a bunch of lasers and then does a review.....how are you to know
which way to go ??????

My only requirement is the CR123 battery, and that the beam at
100 yards not be 1.75 inches, but smaller...........AND most important of all, that it be made in the USA to provide Americans
with work.

Thanks for any info you can give me !!!!!!!!!!!!

ryanm
10-09-10, 13:20
No such thing as a cheap good laser, especially a green one. The way to make green is more complicated than red. You either have a more expensive process or a more expensive component. There's really no way around it. the other issue is whether the laser will be durable. The complicated way to make green is less durable. It would be worth your time to wikipedia/google the differences.

I would recommend the Laser Devices ITAL or OTAL, but even then your 100yd requirement will put you squarely into needing an LE/MIL strength laser unit and be outside your price point.

Your best bet would be to look for something like skylaser or wickedlaser. You might be able to adapt some kind of tactical mount to one of those devices. Either way, your still not going to get durability and water resistance out of what your looking for in this price range.

100 yards in daylight is a challenge for any laser, especially a green laser.

If I were you, I would seriously analyze the requirement and determine if this is even something you need to do. Weapon mounted aiming laser with 100yd visible beam is going to be expensive and exotic.

There is no free lunch when it comes to this. Your next best bet would be the laser genetics devices, which aren't really lasers but focued green LED flashlights (for lack of a better term). They work great at night, but have limited operating range for temperature and I'm not sure on long term durability.

CTguy55
10-09-10, 13:31
No such thing as a cheap good laser, especially a green one. The way to make green is more complicated than red. You either have a more expensive process or a more expensive component. There's really no way around it. the other issue is whether the laser will be durable. The complicated way to make green is less durable. It would be worth your time to wikipedia/google the differences.

I would recommend the Laser Devices ITAL or OTAL, but even then your 100yd requirement will put you squarely into needing an LE/MIL strength laser unit and be outside your price point.

Your best bet would be to look for something like skylaser or wickedlaser. You might be able to adapt some kind of tactical mount to one of those devices. Either way, your still not going to get durability and water resistance out of what your looking for in this price range.

100 yards in daylight is a challenge for any laser, especially a green laser.

If I were you, I would seriously analyze the requirement and determine if this is even something you need to do. Weapon mounted aiming laser with 100yd visible beam is going to be expensive and exotic.

There is no free lunch when it comes to this. Your next best bet would be the laser genetics devices, which aren't really lasers but focued green LED flashlights (for lack of a better term). They work great at night, but have limited operating range for temperature and I'm not sure on long term durability.

Ive seen lots of lasers that quote in specs 1.5 inches at 100 yards
and Ive read others that were smaller. I have no experience with green lasers but I know when I bought cheap red ones and fired my weapon, they either went out or did not hold zero.

I dont expect to be able to see the green laser at 100 yards, I just dont want it to be an inch and a half specs like a LOT of lasers seem
to be, I feel one inch or less is better.

Basically I was wondering if someone here had reasonably good luck
with one of the brand names I mentioned, as they seem to be the
only USA made ones around. Any info is helpful...Thanks !!!

CTguy55
10-10-10, 12:58
lasermax is going to release their unimax in green this month. Dont know what your price line is but MSRP is 399.00 Mil/LE/NRA instructor discount price is 275.00

In 1972 when I told my Dad that I was volunteering to join the Army, I may have well have said " Dad, Im a coward, and Im going to Canada,
so I don't have to go to Nam". Dad lied about his age during WWII so
he could join the Marine Corps and ended up in the 4th Marine Div
on Iwo Jima. He never once talked about what he saw there, but he
drank a lot and loved to get into fist fights for the rest of his life, so I
know it had a big effect on his personality. I ended up going to Germany as I was only 17, so they could not send me into combat, but I put my three years in and got out. I now have a 21 year old who has 2 1/2 years in the Air Force as a policeman in New Mexico,
and my youngest "Dan" has been excepted into the Marine Corp, but cant start basic training until next may.......I guess so many young
people cant find jobs that they are joining and there is a waiting line.

I was wondering how many years you have in, as Sgt Maj is way up
there. I met an army Command Sgt Maj one time, and young officers
kissed his butt all over the place. Thank you for your service SM !!

http://s968.photobucket.com/albums/ae168/CTguy1955/BudWeiserM1Garand.jpg

My Father in Law was in the Marine Corp in research and development and some of his work helped became the M-14, although he did not like the final product that was made by others.