PDA

View Full Version : flashhider/crush washer issues

zachsm
10-21-09, 15:05
While installing my flashhider, I could not properly time it no matter what. Would it cause any problems to remove some of the material off of the washer with a dremel? I tried it with a spare washer and chopped barrel, but I'm not sure what the consequences are as far as causing damage and accuracy issues.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I honestly do not know.

Edit: I've been torquing it to spec, but I would have to go WAY past 25 ft lbs to get it to line up.

Belmont31R
10-21-09, 15:12
While installing my flashhider, I could not properly time it no matter what. Would it cause any problems to remove some of the material off of the washer with a dremel? I tried it with a spare washer and chopped barrel, but I'm not sure what the consequences are as far as causing damage and accuracy issues.

Edit: I've been torquing it to spec, but I would have to go WAY past 25 ft lbs to get it to line up.

Try doing a quarter turn, back off until its loose, and then tighten it again. I did this recently, and got the FH timed with the correct torque, and didnt bulge out the crush washer but a tiny bit. I ordered 2 FH's and a few crush washers just hoping one of each put together would get me close to being timed. Didn't work out so I had to go about 3/4 of the way around with it.

Iraqgunz
10-21-09, 16:36
What manufacture are we speaking of and who made the parts? This does happen. BTW- there is no torque value when using a crush washer. You simply install it until the slots line up correctly.

Quib
10-21-09, 17:31
Try this procedure from the Colt Mtx Manual:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/FHInstallCrushWasher.jpg