PDA

View Full Version : Outback II on M-4?

seb5
10-22-09, 07:50
I'm hoping someone here can help me find an adaptor. I would like to be able thread on an adapter to my various M-4's that will accept my Gemtech Outback. This will be used with my .22 long rifle kit, not for .223/5.56!, for those that were ready to dog pile me:p

Todd.K
10-22-09, 13:23
Both should be 1/2-28

seb5
10-22-09, 19:33
Knock myself in the head! Thanks Todd.

JohnnyC
10-22-09, 21:42
You should purchase a machined shim to make sure you have the proper thread depth. The thread depths are different and you'll end up screwing your outback too far onto your AR and depending on the carbon buildup you might not get it off. This may or may not happen but it's cheap insurance to get it set up correctly.

762minigun
10-22-09, 22:56
You should purchase a machined shim to make sure you have the proper thread depth. The thread depths are different and you'll end up screwing your outback too far onto your AR and depending on the carbon buildup you might not get it off. This may or may not happen but it's cheap insurance to get it set up correctly.

Thanks for that. I had no clue that's what, and why the spacer was for.

seb5
10-23-09, 07:23

Thanks JohnnyC, that's good info and I'll heed it.

J Krammes
10-25-09, 13:59
The Outback can only thread on .400. Any more and your threads will be in the first chamber or up against the blast baffel.

Jeremy