PDA

View Full Version : Re: Who makes the best quality, rugged QD swivels for use on ARs?

flyer
10-23-09, 07:09
I am looking to purchase some QD swivels for a duty rifle (swivels only no bases) and was wondering what manufacturer makes the best quality, rugged and heavy duty QD swivels for the AR. I have seen some that look really good (Daniel Defense, Troy, Vltor) and some that seem to be more cheaply made. I want to ensure that I get the best designed and made swivels. Any help is greatly appreciated.

perna
10-23-09, 07:21
The other question is do any of those companies that sell them actually make them?

motorolahamm
10-23-09, 09:20
I use the KAC Knights Armament swivels work really good for me

motorolahamm
10-23-09, 09:21
here is the website www.knightarmco.com

rjacobs
10-23-09, 09:31
Ive got a Vltor, its pretty good, solidly built as far as I can tell.

Truckie
10-23-09, 19:31
Not advocating either way but, I too use Vltor. Have beaten them around a little, well actually pretty much, and they've been solid. I'm confident Knight is good stuff though.

Also motorolahamm, fixed your link www.knightarmco.com

nutnless220
10-23-09, 19:35
I'm using DD swivels.
They seem very well built.
Hard to beat for 12 bucks.

seb5
10-23-09, 21:56
Most any of those listed are good to go. If you like the a nice black finish you will like the MI or Troy. Not much difference between those 2. If you like the nice matte gray the DD are the ticket. I prefer the DD but seem to have more of the MI because of availability.

Blob
10-23-09, 22:27
I was just thinking of this the other day. I have an Uncle Mike's heavy duty QD swivel and one of the ball bearings fell out. I haven't even had a chance to put it through any hard use yet. :mad:

It still holds the sling on but it's probably only a matter of time before the rest fall out too, so I'll probably pick up a VLTOR pretty soon.

motorolahamm
10-24-09, 09:42
Not advocating either way but, I too use Vltor. Have beaten them around a little, well actually pretty much, and they've been solid. I'm confident Knight is good stuff though.

Also motorolahamm, fixed your link www.knightarmco.com

thanks for the link repair had that old S in there ...

kaiservontexas
10-24-09, 10:58
My QDs came attached to my Vickers sling.

El Mac
10-24-09, 11:05
MI heavy duty version, and don't look back.

flyer
10-25-09, 09:33
Who has the best deal for the Vltor QDs?

10MMGary
10-25-09, 13:42
I went with a Troy rear and LaRue front rail mount QD, figure I'll be alright?