PDA

View Full Version : Pouch help

Ga Shooter
10-23-09, 16:02
I am currently using Eagle FB mag pouches for my 30 rd mags. The problem is twofold. First I have "upgraded" to M version Pmags and I am switching to a molle style belt with armour coming soon. I have found that the Pmags fit very tight and I am having trouble getting them out quickly and easy. I don't need flaps to fold over as I never jump out of airplanes. What pouches do you use with good retention but can do fast changes? I am leaning toward SORD pouches but has anyone here used them enough to have an opinion. Thanks for the help.

LOKNLOD
10-23-09, 16:15
Going to be hard to top the FB pouches, really.

Do you leave the mags loaded in the pouches between shooting sessions? After leaving my FB's loaded for a while with a PMag they loosened up a lot. One of them is actually a little looser than I'd like when I put a USGI mag in.

I cut the flap off mine....

Ga Shooter
10-23-09, 16:24
I have just been leaving them empty w/ no mag between sessions, that is a good idea. But I still need a different pouch because my new belt will be molle design and I don't think these will fit but if I am wrong let me know.

Failure2Stop
10-23-09, 18:07
I use Eagle FBs with PMags. As said above, just leave the mags in them and they will break in. If you are using standard belt-mounted FBs they will not work on a MOLLE platform and will have to buy new pouches regardless.

After spending some time with the ITW Fast-Mag Gen 3, I have to say that I do like them, and I am going to get a couple. Right now, as far as speed-reload pouches go, the ones that I have used and recommend make a very short list:
Eagle FB
Fast-Mag Gen 3
Of those two options, the Fast-Mag does not require break-in and the FB does not "clunk" when something hits it.

Ga Shooter
10-24-09, 07:17
The Eagle FB for the MOLLE platform will be great. When I shifted from USGI mags to Pmags they were just very tight and hard to get out. I will put some mags in the new pouches to break them in. I really like Eagle products just thought there might be a fit problem with the Pmags, Thanks for the help.