PDA

View Full Version : Korean mfg Glock mags? Good or bad?

ofcjduty
10-23-09, 18:07
Hello all!

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the korean mfg Glock mags that Centerfire has for sale? They've got a 20 mag pack for 125 bucks. Anyone had any problems with them?

MisterWilson
10-23-09, 18:34
I've heard everything from they're flawless, to they're okay, to they need replacement springs to work 100%, to that they were made on factory Glock machines.

I don't know if any of it's true, but for $6.25 per magazine, I think I could get over it pretty freakin' quick.

ofcjduty
10-23-09, 18:37
Yeah, Im thinking about the same thing. Disregad that price though. They are 150 per 20 mags. Still pretty cheap!

Mark/MO
10-23-09, 18:41
For the money I am sure intrigued. I’ll likely stay with factory mags for serious stuff but at that price I probably buy some. If nothing else use them for IDPA/USPSA shoots.

M4arc
10-23-09, 20:35
I purchased five a while back and had problems with each and every one of them. I experienced FTFs and one time while handling a fulling loaded mag about six rounds just fell right out!

Even during loading the rounds would get all jacked up inside the magazine body and I'd have to unload it and start over.

If you buy them as range or practice mags I think you'll be okay but I wouldn't carry them because I simply don't trust them to function reliably.

Iraqgunz
10-23-09, 20:38
Been discussed before. They are crap and I would just save my money.

jeremy45
10-23-09, 23:34
The instructor at my Glock armorers class basically said if you forget everything else in this class, remember don't trust your life to any mag but a factory mag. He said they're fine for the range if you don't mind malfunctions but never for carry.

Jeremy45

NSR500
10-24-09, 04:58
iirc the KCI Glock magazines have better quality and reliability than the Khan Glock magazines. I'd verify with Centerfire first, buy a sample lot, and if good I would buy more.

G-2
10-24-09, 08:55
We run ONLY factory mags for our Glocks & Sig, and we run Wilson mags in ALL our .45's, and we've gone to Magpul Only followers on our non-pmag, .223 mags. Inexpensive but the change in reliability is more than worth it. Just our $.02, your mileage may vary... :cool:

Outlander Systems
10-24-09, 08:55
The instructor at my Glock armorers class basically said if you forget everything else in this class, remember don't trust your life to any mag but a factory mag. He said they're fine for the range if you don't mind malfunctions but never for carry.

Jeremy45

Mildly off topic, but this has been my problem with HK. I can find USP45 mags, but a lot of the on-line retailers are very shady/sketchy on whether or not they are factory mags.

For handguns I refuse to use anything other than factory mags on anything but 1911s.

For the AR-15, I refuse to use factory mags, since Magpul hasn't commercially released a rifle yet.

So ah, anyone got a line on USP45 mags for less than $75? :D

markm
10-24-09, 09:02
There's no reason to waste money on junk. I'd rather have HALF the OEM mags for the same money.

The samples I saw would barely fit the overall length of 9mm ball in the mag body. The bullet tips rubbed and caused issues.

JiMfraRED1911
10-24-09, 13:03
Absolute rubbish. They are to be avoided at all costs.

Kentucky Cop
10-24-09, 13:35
Been discussed before. They are crap and I would just save my money.

....and their you have it.:D

Ky Cop

murphy j
10-24-09, 14:46
I purchased five a while back and had problems with each and every one of them. I experienced FTFs and one time while handling a fulling loaded mag about six rounds just fell right out!

Even during loading the rounds would get all jacked up inside the magazine body and I'd have to unload it and start over.

If you buy them as range or practice mags I think you'll be okay but I wouldn't carry them because I simply don't trust them to function reliably.

I bought two of them awhile back for my G19 and my experience was similar. I'll stick to factory mags.

ofcjduty
10-25-09, 12:39
Cool! Thanks guys! Sounds like I need to steer clear from them.:D

ThirdWatcher
10-25-09, 16:54
There's no reason to not buy the real thing when CDNN has 'em for $19.99.