PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal on LE6933?

glock281
10-23-09, 18:19
I just found a dealer that has 25 of them at $1195 each.
They are trade ins and are all in exc + condition.

Good Price?

markm
10-23-09, 18:32
If they are really LE trade ins and they look good on the outside, they're probably pretty new.

The price doesn't seem too far out of line.

sudnit5
10-23-09, 19:22
Most likely they are in pretty good condition. Are they online or local?

lomp64
10-23-09, 21:54
that seems like a pretty good deal to me; I paid like 1300 for mine brand new back when SGC was having their big sale

glock281
10-23-09, 21:59
Thanks
I checked them out they are asking $1595 when they have them in stock now. so I figured 400 cheaper isn't tooo bad.

LOKNLOD
10-23-09, 22:13
I think they're 1495 at Clyde Armory right now.

If there was a way to inspect before committing, it sounds like a good way to save some money.

Iraqgunz
10-24-09, 01:25
Just FWIW nothing against the 6933, but you can build one from BCM for less. I think my 11.5" with the rail, stock and sights was about the same as a 6933.

10-24-09, 15:47
Gunz- But it's not a Colt.:D Yeh, yeh, I know the arguments.:p

JoshNC
10-24-09, 16:41
Gunz- But it's not a Colt.:D Yeh, yeh, I know the arguments.:p

I agree. There is just something really cool about a factory produced Colt SBR. I love my 6933. I love my factory LMT SBR too, but there is just something about that Prancing Pony stamped on the lower.

Wagner
10-24-09, 20:44
Large pin or small pin?

scottryan
10-25-09, 00:00
Just FWIW nothing against the 6933, but you can build one from BCM for less. I think my 11.5" with the rail, stock and sights was about the same as a 6933.

BCM doesn't have a LW barrel.

COLT6933
10-25-09, 00:06
I would not pay that much for a used one. IMO the 300xtr for a new one is worth it. I have been exposed to how LE treat(mistreat) gear. While the outside may look good the important thing is what it looks like on the inside. Many LE guys are not gun guys and therefore are clueless when it comes to PM. I get arguements frequently about how to properly lube an AR from guys who rely on them daily to protect you,me and eachother. Rant off. Buy a new one

Iraqgunz
10-25-09, 01:17
Well I guess if an LW barrel was important then yes. Having said that I would run my BCM gun against a Colt 6933 any day of the week.

BCM doesn't have a LW barrel.

scottryan
10-25-09, 01:28
I just found a dealer that has 25 of them at $1195 each.

Good Price?

I'd pass. These probably don't come with a box and paperwork which is $150 by itself.

If you factor this in, you are paying about the same as one would pay for a new gun and these ones from the PD are used.

glock281
10-25-09, 09:31
I'd pass. These probably don't come with a box and paperwork which is $150 by itself.

If you factor this in, you are paying about the same as one would pay for a new gun and these ones from the PD are used.

Really
A box and manual are worth $150??
Where can I sell this stuff off at for that price (I normally just throw them away anyways, might as well make some money)

Can anyone else verify this to be true?
If it is I"ll go the new route.

scottryan
10-25-09, 17:22
Really
A box and manual are worth $150??
Where can I sell this stuff off at for that price (I normally just throw them away anyways, might as well make some money)

Can anyone else verify this to be true?
If it is I"ll go the new route.

:rolleyes:

Issues you have....

You have been involved in firearms long enough that you are contemplating buying an NFA firearm and you don't know this?

The factory original box is worth 10% the price of the firearm when combined with the gun that came with it. This is one of the most basic things to know about collecting firearms.

You cannot sell the box and get $150, you might get $50.

Throwing the box away is stupidity.

I knew there was "something up" about you in your original post and this post just confirms my suspicions.

glock281
10-25-09, 17:43
I look at it this way, I"m buying the weapon to shoot, not to keep and look at and go, thats so pretty. So the box and other items are Junk to me, why keep a room full of 85 EMPTY boxes (if you count handguns). So what is stupid about throwing them away. I collect Weapons Not boxes... But If I can SELL the box and manual for any thing well hey thats just stupidity on the other persons part as far as I"m concerned, but hey to each his own.

:rolleyes:

Issues you have....

You have been involved in firearms long enough that you are contemplating buying an NFA firearm and you don't know this?

The factory original box is worth 10% the price of the firearm when combined with the gun that came with it. This is one of the most basic things to know about collecting firearms.

You cannot sell the box and get $150, you might get $50.

Throwing the box away is stupidity.

I knew there was "something up" about you in your original post and this post just confirms my suspicions.

glock281
10-25-09, 17:47

And can you tell me how you figure your MATH here??

NEW $1500-$1600
USED $1195

New - box ($150 you say) is still $1350-$1450 and used is still only $1195 So unless I'm missing somthing that is STILL CHEAPER than the new one.

BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS ASKING NOW IS IT !!!

IF YOU CAN READ THE 1ST POST IT STATES

"I just found a dealer that has 25 of them at $1195 each.

Good Price?"

scottryan
10-25-09, 18:56
I look at it this way, I"m buying the weapon to shoot, not to keep and look at and go, thats so pretty. So the box and other items are Junk to me, why keep a room full of 85 EMPTY boxes (if you count handguns). So what is stupid about throwing them away. I collect Weapons Not boxes... But If I can SELL the box and manual for any thing well hey thats just stupidity on the other persons part as far as I"m concerned, but hey to each his own.

They are worth money.

And the fact that you have 85 firearms and still don't realize this proves my point further.

scottryan
10-25-09, 18:59
And can you tell me how you figure your MATH here??

NEW $1500-$1600
USED $1195

New - box ($150 you say) is still $1350-$1450 and used is still only $1195 So unless I'm missing somthing that is STILL CHEAPER than the new one.

BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS ASKING NOW IS IT !!!

IF YOU CAN READ THE 1ST POST IT STATES

"I just found a dealer that has 25 of them at $1195 each.

Good Price?"

You can find these NIB for $1400 to $1500 so that is more like $1250 to $1350 when you factor in the box.

There is also the intangible/unknown factor of buying a used gun that may need fixing plus going through the NFA process hassle. Why wouldn't you buy used one when you can get a new one for an insignificant amount of increase in price? Plus it is a gun that you will have for a lifetime, so why do you want to cheap out?

glock281
10-25-09, 19:05
amazing

scottryan
10-25-09, 19:13
amazing

You came here asking for advice and the advice we gave you doesn't jive with your preconceived notions about owing guns. We are not the problem.

glock281
10-25-09, 19:15
You came here asking for advice and the advice we gave you doesn't jive with your preconceived notions about owing guns. We are not the problem.

If you can read. I asked if it was a good deal or not.
My understanding a yes or no quesiton is well... Yes or No.

Not anything else. So you opinion is NO. Thanks I got that. Now please go troll somewhere else.

Amazing

scottryan
10-25-09, 19:15
I look at it this way, I"m buying the weapon to shoot, not to keep and look at and go, thats so pretty.

This is the standard excuse that I hear everyday from people who throw the box away so give it up. Its old.

glock281
10-25-09, 19:16

Not anything else. So you opinion is NO. Thanks I got that. Now please go troll somewhere else.

Amazing

scottryan
10-25-09, 19:17

Amazing

I told you it wasn't a good deal and why it wasn't a good deal because it was too expensive for not having a box and being used.

You couldn't understand this fact because you throw the boxes away. You are the one who blew the issue up and can't understand my reasonable and widespread practiced position.

glock281
10-25-09, 19:18
Amazing :eek:

scottryan
10-25-09, 19:23
Amazing :eek:

I offered an explanation why instead of just saying "no" without explanation. This is what separates this board from others.

You blew up.

Lets say on average each one of your guns are worth $500. That is $50 x 85 = $4250 that you have lost over your time of owning guns that you don't like being called out on.

glock281
10-25-09, 19:25
Genius Pure Genius

(Amazing)

scottryan
10-25-09, 19:27
Genius Pure Genius

(Amazing)

I'm not the one that lost $4250.

glock281
10-25-09, 19:29
Does your MIND count?
lol

Amazing

Iraqgunz
10-25-09, 20:23
scottryan brings up a good point. No one really knows how many rounds are through them or anyhting else. If they have a log book for any of the rifles I will be shocked and might consider eating a turd with some wasabe.

He also makes a good point about not skimping out.

You can find these NIB for $1400 to $1500 so that is more like $1250 to $1350 when you factor in the box.

There is also the intangible/unknown factor of buying a used gun that may need fixing plus going through the NFA process hassle. Why wouldn't you buy used one when you can get a new one for an insignificant amount of increase in price? Plus it is a gun that you will have for a lifetime, so why do you want to cheap out?

Iraqgunz
10-25-09, 20:31
Let's keep this civil. IMHO I would only buy one if I had the option to inspect and gage the weapon and I couldn't afford the few extra dollars for a NIB one. And of course if the Colt logo was of extreme importance to me.

RyanS
10-26-09, 12:47
As has been said, I would make darn sure you know what you are getting. This isn't like ordering a 16" midlength over the internet, which if you don't like, you can turn around and sell. It's an NFA item. Were it me, I would probably spend the extra cash and buy new from Clyde Armory and know exactly what I was buying.

glock281
10-27-09, 18:35
Received pictures of mine today (yes I ordered one)
Comes in factory Box, (no manual) original accessories (new in bag) and drum roll please (ITS BRAND NEW TOO)

He received 6 that are brand new out of the group of tradeins and since I was the first to order I got one. I have untill tomorrow to descide if I want another one at the same price (then hes going to mark the NIB ones up for everyone else LOL)

Only problem I have now is....

Do I get another one OR do I get a NIB LMT SBR for $1000 Delivered instead??

rgb03
10-29-09, 18:44
Comes in factory Box, (no manual) original accessories (new in bag) and drum roll please (ITS BRAND NEW TOO)

He received 6 that are brand new out of the group of tradeins and since I was the first to order I got one. I have untill tomorrow to descide if I want another one at the same price (then hes going to mark the NIB ones up for everyone else LOL)

Only problem I have now is....

Do I get another one OR do I get a NIB LMT SBR for $1000 Delivered instead??

is the dealer in pa? i am also getting one of these used colts. going to see him tomarrow. for me it was a no brainer. if i order from clydes its 1500 plus 100 shipping plus another 100 for the transfer so i am at 1700. tomarrow i will be picking out a used one with maybe a slight blemish and no box or a box that was from a different gun (not sure) for 1160 out the door plus my stamp. so its worth 350 in savings to not have the box and maybe a scratch or two. this is going to be a shooter and will probably never be sold so the box and acc. dont really mater to me. good luck with your rifle or rifles.

scottryan
10-29-09, 19:01

The manual is placed in the accessory bag when shipped from Colt, so you gun is not NIB.

glock281
10-29-09, 19:15
The manual is placed in the accessory bag when shipped from Colt, so you gun is not NIB.

lol didn't know that so it may be on the other side of the bag then LOL
I was more worred about pics of the rifle than the accessories

and as far as being new to me new is never shot, handled is ok in my book (especially when I saved $300 off what others are paying)