PDA

View Full Version : M16 BCG in a AR15

RiverRat1953
10-24-09, 19:00
I am sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but yesterday I was shown a
Bushmaster catalog that stated that absolutely NO M16 parts are allowed in a AR15 without a Class 3 license. Is this BM ranting or is there any truth to this?
Thank you for all replys.

motorolahamm
10-24-09, 19:03
I am sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but yesterday I was shown a
Bushmaster catalog that stated that absolutely NO M16 parts are allowed in a AR15 without a Class 3 license. Is this BM ranting or is there any truth to this?
Thank you for all replys.

mainly meaning trigger groups etc. colt's come with with the m16 bolt group aswell as some others

RogerinTPA
10-24-09, 19:07
This topic has been beaten to death around here. FA BCGs are good to go. If that were true, FA BCGs would be considered NFA, which they are not. Order one from Bravo Company and be happy.

RiverRat1953
10-24-09, 19:14
This topic has been beaten to death around here. FA BCGs are good to go. If that were true, FA BCGs would be considered NFA, which they are not. Order one from Bravo Company and be happy.

I already own two of BCM's BCG and I don't want to have to replace them:)

Artos
10-24-09, 19:43

sorry if this is a repeat harris but what is the primary added benefit to using a FA/M16 bcg in a non FA gun??

rjacobs
10-24-09, 20:03
sorry if this is a repeat harris but what is the primary added benefit to using a FA/M16 bcg in a non FA gun??

From what I understand and know about them is that they are stronger due to having more material on the carrier itself. The other thing is that due to its higher weight(because of more material) is that is slows the gun down a little bit.

RogerinTPA
10-24-09, 21:19
From what I understand and know about them is that they are stronger due to having more material on the carrier itself. The other thing is that due to its higher weight(because of more material) is that is slows the gun down a little bit.

Correct. The FA BCG is sturdier, heavier, thereby slowing down it's velocity and reducing felt recoil impulse. Add to that an H, or H2 buffer to a carbine length, will slow the velocity even further. I have FA BCGs in all my ARs with spares. :)

ramis
10-24-09, 21:23
Read the chart people.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

or,

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=14534

RogerinTPA
10-24-09, 21:23
I already own two of BCM's BCG and I don't want to have to replace them:)

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound jaded. If you have them, swap them out, with an "in spec" new quality buffer spring and see how it goes. Inspect your gas key on your BM AR15 BCG to see if the gas key is stake correctly or loose.

Iraqgunz
10-25-09, 00:03
Unless we have some new ground breaking messianic revelation in this thread let's let it die. It has been beat to death, burned, reincarnated and paraded enough.