PDA

View Full Version : What would you buy?

Shihan
02-27-07, 23:54
Hello everyone considering there may be some type of STINKING ban in the near future what kind of assault rifle etc. would be your next buy? Within reason, not fantasy :) I already have a AR-15 and looks like im going to get another and a PS90.

Thanks

Business_Casual
02-28-07, 07:18
Training. :cool:

M_P

Robb Jensen
02-28-07, 07:35
Training. :cool:

M_P

Exactly.

I forget who said it:
"I am the weapon. The rifle and pistol are just tools."

LOKNLOD
02-28-07, 08:48
Not to discount the training, but when people are shooting at me and I don't have a gun I am a much less effective weapon.

If I were worried about the ban I would buy lots of mags and ammo for the weapons I had, and if there is anything on my list of "want really bad" that would be effected by the ban, I'd work towards getting it as well. There's no magic formula for needing this or needing that. Just get what you want.

Then get the training for it :cool:

AR-15A3
02-28-07, 13:36
Hello everyone considering there may be some type of STINKING ban in the near future what kind of assault rifle etc. would be your next buy? Within reason, not fantasy :) I already have a AR-15 and looks like im going to get another and a PS90.

Thanks

+1

Get as much AR backup rifles and carbines you could get, lots of mags and ammo.

You might also want to think about getting an AK.

Shihan
02-28-07, 23:37
I may pick up a Ak and im putting together a complete LMT as we speak.
I wish the military would pay to send me to some more of the interesting training sessions I read about, but they are too cheap right now. I can honestly say I have had quite abit of On The Job Training after being in the military in a combat capacity for 18 years and have found myself in a few less than desirable places.

Thanks

Joseywales
02-28-07, 23:48
Here are my recommendations. FYI, you can always get training. But not the equipment to train with.

1. DPMS version of AR10

2. M1A or FAL

3. HK MP5 clone

4. Save your money and get a Barrett M107 or M60 semi

10000 rounds is a necessity

-Wes-
03-01-07, 00:43
If I were worried about another ban I'd pick up the few complete rifles on my wish list other than AR's, a few stripped AR lowers, and magazines for all. Remember what Beta's went for during the ban?

I helped my friend at the last gun show down in Phoenix, lots of people asking for Beta mags, sold a bunch of stripped lowers, an AR, a PS90, a Daewoo, several AK's etc. Did pretty good, probably due to people getting spooked.

I did get a good deal on a DSA Para FAL so I jumped on it.

Shihan
03-01-07, 01:12
I would like a HK MP5 clone but cant find a decent price one. Wes im in AZ what do you think would be good sellers at gunshows since you were sitting at a table?

The only problem with another weapons platform is I gotta stock up on mags which is something that drives me nuts. And more ammo if it dosent take what I have stored already.

Quartersticknick
03-01-07, 04:19
Working on another AR build right now.Already thinking of my next AR build.:)

Shihan
03-01-07, 04:28
Its a sick disease! I hope Smith hurries up and gets me my M&PT back im lonely without a AR in the house.

Paulinski
03-01-07, 08:00
I would pick at least 4 stripper lowers. Oil them up and stash for the future :)

-Wes-
03-01-07, 10:41
The only problem with another weapons platform is I gotta stock up on mags which is something that drives me nuts. And more ammo if it dosent take what I have stored already.

There's a lot of rifles that take AR mags if you want to do it that way.
AR-180B, Daewoo, Robinson XCR, The new Steyr Aug I believe, FN SCAR, Sig 556, Magpul Masada, FN FS2000?, has to be a few more I can't think of.

Things that sell at gun shows? Well, we were wishing we had more AKs, that's for sure. Other than that it was pretty even across the board, everything was selling. I can't wait for the SAR show.

tikkafan
03-01-07, 13:04
Training will never go away but access to these firearms may.

1.) Masada buying one anyway
2.) XCR if a ban sounds likely

Besides that, I'll buy a couple AR-15 stripped lowers.

Shihan
03-03-07, 02:23
I have a LMT M4 on the way, im going to order a few stripped lowers from Stag next week and I think im going to pick up a AK in either 7.69 or 5.45? I have a FN PS90 and love the FN FS2000 but there have been some bugs and for a $2000.00 carbine its gotta be bug free. Those piston type AR's are interesting anyone had any experience with the POF?

Thanks

TOrrock
03-03-07, 07:01
Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Carbine, and/or an Arsenal Inc. SLR-106FR.