PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Intro thread

LOKNLOD
10-25-09, 13:08
Hey Okies!
Since the new format doesn't have membership like the old social group format, I thought it might be handy to have an intro thread to let interested folks speak up and introduce themselves. Share as much or little info as you feel comfortable with, but if everyone could at least point out the area they live, and any pertinent info about where they shoot and what their experience/interests are it might be helpful for setting up informal practice sessions or announcing events.

I guess I'll get it started:

Range access: OKC Gun Club
Experience level/Training: Low; Magpul Dynamic Carbine 1, Tiger Valley 1-day pistol, Aim Fast Hit Fast 2-day pistol
Interests: practice sessions/drills; training opportunities
I also shoot the monthly USPSA matches at OKCGC when I can fit it into my schedule. They're starting up some 3-gun stuff out there I might give a try for some fun/extra practice.

ZGXtreme
10-25-09, 16:10
I am in the OKC Metro area and training/experience consist of CLEET, Continuing Ed Courses/Training and my time in the Corps.

bratch
10-26-09, 15:57
I'm in NWOKC and have access to OKCGC.

I've had pistol training with Givens, Yeager, Suarez, Steve Moses, and shoot regularly in Will Andrews Pistol Skills classes.

I've had shotgun training with Givens, carbine training with Will, and basic rifle training through Appleseed. I'm planning on attending Givens instructors course this weekend and Farnams urban carbine in Dec. I attended the 2009 Tactical Conference at USSA and will be there again in 2010. I've had empty hand and knife training with Mike Janich.

I'm interested in defensive drills and gun handling especially with a carbine.

Josh-L
10-27-09, 22:49
Dude bratch where have you been? Why didn't you come to the Magpul class? We could have fixed everything Will taught you....... I kid I kid. lol

So if we get both Josh's, , zg, bratch and Doc Todd we could get some good training in at the gun club.

bratch
10-27-09, 23:11
I've been trying to shoot more and type less. I've been reading all the regulars boards but haven't had much to say, my opinion is usually shoot the friggin gun which isn't what they want to hear. I still try to pipe in on technical questions or BS threads that catch my eye but they are few and far between.

I screwed the pooch on Magpul, I had really wanted to attend it or Pat Rogers this year but with the ammo situation we had this spring I didn't go through with it. Had I known supply and prices would be this reasonable this quick I probably would have tried harder to make it. After reading the aars I'm really bummed I missed it. Maybe next time I'd like to see how my rifle would run.

Running some drills would be a good time I'm always up for learning and improving.

Nick710
11-01-09, 21:22
Count me in.

Josh-L
11-07-09, 15:23
Just realized I never gave my "bio"...

Range: OKC Gun Club member and a few LE ranges

Experience: I am a CLEET firearms instructor. I have attended a bunch of schools but the ones that are shooting related off of the top of my head are a vehicle assault school at Practical Shooting, TDSA urban rifle, Magpul Dynamics carbine, Tom Givens/Rangemaster Defensive Shotgun, two day SWAT rapid response to active shooter course, one day tactical emergency medicine class from Komondor, and a Surefire low light tactics class.

neodecker
11-14-09, 06:50
Location SE OKC

Range It depends on who I shooting with lately its been in a friends field indoor I tend to go to H&H (I know I know) outdoors I go to Banner Rd

Experience level Phase 4 CLEET been shooting for 20 years

Interest with ammo starting to show up again I'm up for any type of shooting

teamacacia
11-27-09, 09:46

Range access: H&H, OKC Gun Club (hopefully soon)

Experience level/Training: Low/Average; Magpul Dynamic Carbine 1, Will Andrews Pistol Skills at H&H

Interests: More training and drill opportunities. I'd love to have a few more courses here locally (ie Magpul, etc) but am very interested in heading up to USSA or TDSA in Tulsa anytime. I'd also like to do a little competition shooting like IPSC if I can ever find the time. Outside of shooting, I am a doc here in the city (Doc Todd as Josh-L refers to me).

Bootleggn
01-28-10, 12:03
New from OSA here.

cheech_029
02-05-10, 00:28

Range access: Not an active club member as of yet.

Experience level/Training: Unacceptable- a lot of pistol range time, no formal training, usually take advantage of any range time I can afford.

Interests: Wanting to get into running drills with carbine (or 3-gun) and eventually conquer the art of long range shooting. Completed Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Mgmt & Admin, currently processing through 2 different federal LE agencies.

I need to make my shooting resume more desirable (much like that of Sir Bratch) as well as perfect my skills.

101ABN327
04-14-10, 16:14

Range: OKC Gun Club

Experience level: 22 Years US Army Infantry. Looking at a MAGPUL Class this fall.

Interest: Garage Armorer. I build AR-15's and FN FAL's

Trkr598
06-12-10, 22:38
Greetings: I am from republic Missouri (just outside of Springfield)
I have been a shooter for 20+ yrs primarly bolt rifle. New to the ar-15 platform.

Before moving to MO, lived in California and shoot idpa out there.

I am looking for people who enjoy training like I do when I get the chance.

I am currently employed as a truck driver.

tiny_tj
06-15-10, 21:29

Range: Area department ranges

Experience: CLEET, Regular department training, Bi weekley SRT training.

Intrest: always looking to train with new people.

Hump66
08-11-10, 12:48

Range: Area public ranges

Experience: Navy VBSS Team

Interest: Improving speed/accuracy with pistol/carbine, Looking into long range shooting.

Josh-L
08-11-10, 16:18
Hey dude welcome!

What does VBSS stand for?

Hump66
08-14-10, 12:21
Hey dude welcome!

What does VBSS stand for?

Thanks! It stands for Visit, Board, Search, and Seizure. Basically ship inspections, anti-piracy and drug-ops.

english kanigit
10-11-10, 22:38
Greetings. I'm not exactly a regular on M4C but I was encouraged to check out this area of the board.

Range: I do not yet have access to a range in the area.

Experience: Low to moderate. I've taken two carbine courses and a pistol course from EAG and another pistol course from USSA. Additionally I took a diagnostic AR operator class from Dean Caputo. I also work at a range that's out of state.

I would be up for anything, I really need to find a place to shoot outside and do some movement drills. Doing drills with other folks against a time standard of some sort would be great as well.

Ek:big_boss:

Ek

Josh-L
10-12-10, 12:24
EK up in this mofo. I had to update my bio also.

LOKNLOD
10-12-10, 12:43
Welcome, EK. I recognize you from over at LF.

english kanigit
10-12-10, 17:54
EK up in this mofo. I had to update my bio also.

That's right bubba, I'm screwing the chicken and you are holding the wings!

LOKNLOD, what is your handle over there?

Ek

saryan
10-12-10, 18:16
Whats up guys.

Steve Aryan

Location- Tulsa

Experience- Medium. Multiple handgun and rifle classes at multiple facilities before started working at USSA. Also have taken Long range precision classes privately from different operators.

Job- I am a firearms Instructor at USSA. I teach handgun, carbine, Long Range rifle, and shotgun.

Interest- LR shooting. I compete in a few LR matches as well as USPSA and IDPA. Obviously training. Im attempting to get into the security contracting world at this time. I also do reviews for a few companies of different products.
I am an open book. If you have questions about anything I post or any questions about US Shooting Academy just ask me. I learned by asking and listening. I am not a typical range dick head.
BTW if you havnt checked out the USSA training group you need to. Its one of the best programs out there at a really cheap rate.

LOKNLOD
10-12-10, 19:08
Welcome, Steve!

EK, I'm LOKNLOD over there too but you might not have seen me post much, I think I've got like 100 posts over 5+ years. Real post whore.

Dionysusigma
11-15-10, 22:28
*waves*

New to M4C, and came on here because after decrying the platform for a long time, I got "bit by the bug." And hard.

Range: H&H and Banner Rd.

Experience: Practically none. I've taken a Pistol Skills I course at H&H, but rarely go shooting since I have no idea where I can do the sort of stuff I want to do--speed drills, "long distance" shooting (beyond 100yds), multiple-target stuff, etc. I've gone shooting exactly once this year.

Interest: Learning to run the weapons I have: an M16A4gery, a couple pistols, and an eventual defensive carbine.

LOKNLOD
11-17-10, 20:53
Welcome, dionysusigma.
You should look into the OKC gun club, there are some bays there where we practice a little more "practical" stuff. Keep an eye on this sub forum for the latest plans.

murphy j
12-04-10, 18:25
Some of you might remember me from before.

Range access: USSA if I want to spend the money. Red Castle Gun Club if I get a membership. Tulsa Firearms, but not a fan of that place. Happy Hollow, it's cheap, but the old man can be a pain in the ass. He doesn't like rapid fire and I seem to recall he's not NFA friendly.
Experience: 12yrs military(11B), 1 combat tour, recreational shooting and some mentoring by Mike Bay(formerly of SEAL Teams 5 & 3, Master 1911 Gunsmith and Distinguished Rifle/Pistol US Navy rifle and pistol teams)
Hobbies/Interests: collecting watches, shooting, reading

As a full time family man now I don't get much time or funding to shoot anymore, most of my watch collection has been sold off and I only get to read occasionally now. Currently in the process of spooling up for another deployment.

Bootleggn
02-03-11, 11:03
Justen out of Mustang here. Fire protection by trade. Also on okshooters and boomershooter. Looking to get into competitions soon...

Jesse Tischauser
03-16-11, 10:16
Howdy! I didn't know M4C had an okie area.

3xcrown
03-19-11, 21:50
Troy Fullbright here. TroyF over on BoomerShooter......and I disappeared from the other Ok forum.

Range: mostly LEO ranges

14 year LEO, 10 years on Tactical Teams. Instructor at USSA since....2008? Full-time Instructor for a metro police department.

Armorer in most cop guns. Too many certifications to list. I've got 22 instructor certifications and a whole closet full of t-shirts from schools I've attended.

I dabble in USPSA and have ran away from PPC.

Josh-L
03-20-11, 00:40
Dang Troy I didn't know you guys had a full time instructor position. Must be nice! Our Lt. is our "training coordinator" even though the only instructor cert he has is SFST and he's never even used that to teach a class lol.

Mongo40
08-13-11, 00:22
Name: Chris Wilson

Range: Family Farm - Use to shoot at Ft. Sills Range but its been closed for awhile now. (Not sure where they shoot on post anymore don't go there much since I retired)

Experience: Retired Infantryman, 22yrs

Interest: Hunting, Blackpowder shooting an crafts, Flyfishing an riding my motorsicle (when its not in triple digits) Not into the training or any of that anymore obviously, I just like to shoot, busting some caps!!! A perfect day is me an my son at the farm killing targets or standing knee deep in a cold stream slinging a stick an snagging Trout!!!

Faultline
12-02-11, 20:45
New here.
My name is Adam

Range: Non- member but I shoot mainly at Thunderbird range and occasionally at H&H (I don't really like indoor)

Experience: No formal Training other than basic safety and CCW but I am desperately trying to change that. As funds allow and location of courses work for me logistically I'd like to take some carbine classes, long range classes and pistol classes. Maybe after I get some skills 3 gun competitions. I have a friend in law enforcement who has taught me some basics of moving and shooting but I will readily admit that I need more structured training.

Interest: Being prepared. I've lived in some bad places and as a direct result of that I want to be as sharp as I can for my family. Also I am a musician. I play in a few local OKC bands and do the occasional studio work for artists ranging from metal to country to anything in between if it doesn't suck;)

Jesse Tischauser
12-04-11, 21:07
New here.
My name is Adam

Range: Non- member but I shoot mainly at Thunderbird range and occasionally at H&H (I don't really like indoor)

Experience: No formal Training other than basic safety and CCW but I am desperately trying to change that. As funds allow and location of courses work for me logistically I'd like to take some carbine classes, long range classes and pistol classes. Maybe after I get some skills 3 gun competitions. I have a friend in law enforcement who has taught me some basics of moving and shooting but I will readily admit that I need more structured training.

Interest: Being prepared. I've lived in some bad places and as a direct result of that I want to be as sharp as I can for my family. Also I am a musician. I play in a few local OKC bands and do the occasional studio work for artists ranging from metal to country to anything in between if it doesn't suck;)

Don't wait to start shooting 3 gun. You will regret not getting into it sooner. If you need any guns or gear to get started let me know I have 2-3 of everything. In fact I had 6 or 7 guys running my Accurate Iron Benelli shotguns and 3 guys using my Stag Arms Model 3G rifles at the last match. You should also join us over in BoomerShooter.com for all the local match announcements, scores and training info.

Hope to see u at the next match.

DonnyV
12-05-11, 16:32
Hi fellas

Don Schmidt from Mustang

I use H&H and Banner Raod ranges b/c thats all I have access to.

My training consists of what I received as a member USMC

Am trying to save up funds and ammo to begin attending training classes. I love to train, but due to the range restrictions can't really do it the way it needs to be done.

Jesse Tischauser
12-05-11, 17:59
Hi fellas

Don Schmidt from Mustang

I use H&H and Banner Raod ranges b/c thats all I have access to.

My training consists of what I received as a member USMC

Am trying to save up funds and ammo to begin attending training classes. I love to train, but due to the range restrictions can't really do it the way it needs to be done.

You can learn a ton of stuff for FREE at the great local matches in and around OK from the likes of local Pro Shooters/Instructors Phil Strader, Mike Seeklander, Kurt Miller, Lance Jensen, Mike Cyrwus, Chris Andersen, and Mike Chambers to name a few. These guys shoot almost every weekend at H&H, USSA, Heartland Outdoor, and OKC gun club. Matches only cost $10-20 and 100-150 rounds of ammo.

Here is a list of all the local matches.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9-oklahoma-and-surrounding-area-matches/

I'd be more than happy to let you use any of my guns and gear to help get you started.

DonnyV
12-06-11, 11:02
You can learn a ton of stuff for FREE at the great local matches in and around OK from the likes of local Pro Shooters/Instructors Phil Strader, Mike Seeklander, Kurt Miller, Lance Jensen, Mike Cyrwus, Chris Andersen, and Mike Chambers to name a few. These guys shoot almost every weekend at H&H, USSA, Heartland Outdoor, and OKC gun club. Matches only cost $10-20 and 100-150 rounds of ammo.

Here is a list of all the local matches.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9-oklahoma-and-surrounding-area-matches/

I'd be more than happy to let you use any of my guns and gear to help get you started.

Thanks a bunch I really appreciate the info and the offer!

poopile
12-06-11, 11:05
Hello fellas. Checking in from Elk City in far western Oklahoma. I don't have any formal training. I learned most of what I know from my best friend of 25 years who is former USMC. We don't have any ranges to speak of around here. The closest is 45 minutes in Weatherford at Tin Star. My buddy's family has a large chunk of land and that's where you'll find us most of the time. I'd consider myself pretty proficient with the AR platform. I've built a few over the years. My newest interest is NFA stuff (suppressors and SBR, can't afford MG's). I have been Elk City's head of code enforcement for 7 years. I do inspections for any building, HVAC, plumbing, or electrical work in our jurisdiction. If you guys do your own plumbing and have questions, I'm your man. I was a journeyman plumber for 12 years prior to coming on as the code official (hence the name "poopile"... :p)

Jesse Tischauser
12-12-11, 19:45
Greetings. I'm not exactly a regular on M4C but I was encouraged to check out this area of the board.

Range: I do not yet have access to a range in the area.

Experience: Low to moderate. I've taken two carbine courses and a pistol course from EAG and another pistol course from USSA. Additionally I took a diagnostic AR operator class from Dean Caputo. I also work at a range that's out of state.

I would be up for anything, I really need to find a place to shoot outside and do some movement drills. Doing drills with other folks against a time standard of some sort would be great as well.

Ek:big_boss:

Ek

Come shoot a match with us. It's a full day of drills.

Jesse Tischauser
12-19-11, 08:09
I'm forwarding a message from Mike Seeklanderat USSA:

Hey everyone- We just returned from a trip to visit John, and I am glad to say he is in high spirits, while yet in tremendous pain. John has multiple fractures in both legs, and a shattered pelvis. He has been through 2 surgery's and will endure several more over the coming weeks. Here is some additional information:

John is in St. Francis hospital off Yale. He welcomes all visitors, but please text or call before visiting. John is currently without insurance. While I am sure the person responsible (he was hit by a Broken Arrow school bus) will end up helping with his expenses, in the interim John will be without work for a long time. I am personally asking each of you to consider giving cash or whatever you can to help him through this tough time.
There is a webpage

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=174

built for John on USSA's site that has donation options. You can find a link on it to donate through paypal.
Checks or cash can be given to me (Mike Seeklander) at USSA.
Donation's may also be given at the USSA Pro-Shop via cash, check, or credit card.
Please help spread word about John and the opportunity to donate on your facebook pages (just send them to USSA's site) and with your friends and family.

John is a tough guy and will surely recover strongly, but at this time we need to pool our resources and help him through. He is the kind of guy that would be there and go above and beyond for each of us if needed, so lets do the same for him!

Pray for a strong recovery!

Until Then, Train Hard!
Mike Seeklander
Director of Training
U.S. Shooting Academy

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=174

USAF maddog
02-12-12, 15:23
I live in SE Oklahoma not far from Fort Smith , AR. I enjoy shooting , and finding new place to shoot.
Today I am looking for a good deal on a LMT in 308. Anybody have a seller for NIB rifle.
By the way today is my first on this website.

Jesse Tischauser
02-12-12, 16:46
I live in SE Oklahoma not far from Fort Smith , AR. I enjoy shooting , and finding new place to shoot.
Today I am looking for a good deal on a LMT in 308. Anybody have a seller for NIB rifle.
By the way today is my first on this website.

You ever get to shoot out at Old Fort Gun Club in Ft. Smith? They have some of the best action shooting matches like USPSA and 3 gun in the surrounding states. You should come join us for a match.

jcbfrntz
04-07-12, 09:28
Range access: My backyard (live out in the country)
Experience level/Training: I'm a civilian, but I use MilSim for training and have been able to train at Camp Gruber here in OK, as well as the D.A.R.C. facility in Arkansas. Me and some friends run drills on our properties all the time as well, but that's not formal training I guess.
Interests: Training, shooting, prepping, trucks.

Dancer4Life
01-30-14, 22:27

Range access: H&H every Monday and Banner Road range on weekends

Experience level: No formal training but I have been shooting and training for 35 years. Very proficient with all my glocks, 1911's, various deer rifles, SKS and AK's. I am fairly new to the AR so beginner with this plateform.

Interest: shooting, fishing, anything outdoors.:dance3:

Jesse Tischauser
01-31-14, 06:10

Range access: H&H every Monday and Banner Road range on weekends

Experience level: No formal training but I have been shooting and training for 35 years. Very proficient with all my glocks, 1911's, various deer rifles, SKS and AK's. I am fairly new to the AR so beginner with this plateform.

Interest: shooting, fishing, anything outdoors.:dance3:

Join is over on BoomerShooter and then at a match too. You'll be glad you did. H&H has a fun match on the 2nd Sunday night of the month.

rawhide101
06-12-17, 16:23
Looks like it's been a while since this thread saw any activity. I've been a forum member since 2010, but for some reason wasn't able to post and only visit occasionally when researching/educating myself.

Range Access: Back yard, USSA, Sac & Fox
Training: The Defensive Shooting Academy, Advanced Combat Pistol; Defensive Pistol, Instructor Ron Lentz
Interest: Teaching, shooting, rodeo, card games