PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get a Vickers VT/Nighthawk recently ......................

SCULLY
02-28-07, 07:53
Hello , i asked this at another forum but i also would like to solicit some opinions here. Please do not start bashing , im only looking for hands on opinions. Thank you.

Anyone get the Vickers model recently , how is the fit and finish , and the reliablity . After the SWAT mag review and the trouble over at tactical forums, i was wondering if the quality control has tightened up. I am seriously close to ordering one , but by the time i get it in my hands it will be close to 4300.00 Cdn. I talked to Mr Vickers a few times ( email ), and he was helpful , but he does have something to gain. I wanted to hear from folks that spent there hard earned money . I've had 3 Baers and they have been phenomenal (PII and 2 S.R.P.'s) , just wanting something different. The Larry Vickers connection really interests me , but it is either the Vickers model or Springfield Professional , your thoughts please and thank you.

MaceWindu
02-28-07, 09:44
Hello , i asked this at another forum but i also would like to solicit some opinions here. Please do not start bashing , im only looking for hands on opinions. Thank you.

Anyone get the Vickers model recently , how is the fit and finish , and the reliablity . After the SWAT mag review and the trouble over at tactical forums, i was wondering if the quality control has tightened up. I am seriously close to ordering one , but by the time i get it in my hands it will be close to 4300.00 Cdn. I talked to Mr Vickers a few times ( email ), and he was helpful , but he does have something to gain. I wanted to hear from folks that spent there hard earned money . I've had 3 Baers and they have been phenomenal (PII and 2 S.R.P.'s) , just wanting something different. The Larry Vickers connection really interests me , but it is either the Vickers model or Springfield Professional , your thoughts please and thank you.

I had a bro who recently picked one up. he was VERY disappointed in the performance of the NightHawk GRP.

It would not drop his mags free, it was improperly throated, and the customer service was terrible. When he did send it back, they did a very shoddy job opening up the mag well to allow the mags to drop free AND did not refinish the pistol. I was there on the range when it did not perform and I personally witnessed the poo poo job they did on the refinishing.

I have a Les Baer TRS and love it. I would stick to the LB if I were you. YMMV.

Mace

Sam
02-28-07, 09:45
I talked to Mr Vickers a few times ( email ), and he was helpful , but he does have something to gain.

You're right on the "something to gain" part, but Larry Vickers is also an honorable and honest man. He won't steer you wrong and he does have his reputation and integrity to uphold. If he hears that NH is making shabby products with his name attached to it, I'm sure he'll correct the situation.

No I don't have the pistol, but have handled two early production guns, and I have nothing to gain. I have dealt with Mr. Vickers and his word is good.

SCULLY
03-01-07, 08:21
Thank you for the responses , i appreciate it .