PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck's show, or interesting confirmation of TOS.

SW-Shooter
10-26-09, 16:57
Glenn Beck today just pretty much confirmed he is a member of a certain gun related website, hmmmmm AR15.COM.

He sure is commenting on quite a few concerns expressed within this thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=922387, and some other "nefarious" threads that are hot topics there. Validation? I think he listens. I wish I had 100% proof.

I know M4carbine.net is like Fight Club and discussion of TOS is not talked about around here, but they are the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Just look at a majority of threads that permeate here and tell me I'm wrong.

But this is about Glenn Beck's show. So let's not deviate from that being what this is about. I hope I beat that issue at the pass.

cschwanz
10-26-09, 17:00
im actually watching Glen right now. making some good points on the topics. I just wish i had a DVR to have some of my friends watch it....

SW-Shooter
10-26-09, 17:02
ETA: I know the M4Carbine.net community is a more technical, mature model of what a pro 2A community is about.

SW-Shooter
10-26-09, 17:04
I really like when they were reporting about the two pilots "arguing"on their laptops, I automatically thought "I bet he was surfing ARFCOM".:eek:

cschwanz
10-26-09, 17:04
ETA: I know the M4Carbine.net community is a more technical, mature model of what a pro 2A community is about.

i know im new here, but ive spent a few minutes here and there on you-know-where and yes, M4C is far more mature and serious about just about everything.

Outlander Systems
10-26-09, 17:24
I've been batting around the idea of a thread, entitled, "How'd You find M4C", because I honestly cannot recall whom or where I was referred from. I know that it was sold as a forum for fantasy-free, non-delusional, pragmatic discussion of firearms.

I had been an unregistered lurker at TOS, and never followed through on a sign up. It seemed too, juvenile, and laden with unqualified opinions.

On the topic: I think Glen Beck is a lone voice amongst the noise of the LameStream Media. I believe him to be a character of integrity, and the only one speaking on what really matters in terms of America.

I do, fault him for not pushing for the candidate that would have brought real change, positive change, to America, but we all have to learn through mistakes, and hopefully he's realised that.

Considering what I know, through qualified opinions, of a sibling who worked at a major magazine, I'm astonished that GB has the ability and freedom to state some of things he does. I believe he caters to his audience and the American spirit first, and advertising revenue second. This is another thing that reinforces my idea of his integrity, and his honesty.

JHC
10-26-09, 17:46
What the dickens is TOS? Sounds like TOS is AR15.com? When I hear ARFCOM I can sound out they mean AR15.com. TOS is a mystery. LOL What the hell is it?

chadbag
10-26-09, 17:50
The Other Site/Side

ST911
I've been batting around the idea of a thread, entitled, "How'd You find M4C",

There has already been a few on the topic.

HD1911
What the dickens is TOS? Sounds like TOS is AR15.com? When I hear ARFCOM I can sound out they mean AR15.com. TOS is a mystery. LOL What the hell is it?

TOS = The Other Site

a.k.a AR15.com

woodandsteel
10-26-09, 17:52
Didn't some members over there build him a "tactical Pitch Fork"?

I believe it had a rail mounted light on it.

JHC
10-26-09, 18:03
Thanks HD! I shoulda used the search function. :D

BVickery
10-26-09, 18:25
I was listening to his opening bit on the 'me' generation and he hit it right on the head on them (in general, there are always exceptions to the rule).

HD1911
10-26-09, 18:47
Thanks HD! I shoulda used the search function. :D

Cheers Mate ;)

Gentoo
10-26-09, 19:04
Before this degenerates into a M4C vs ARF thread and gets duly locked, I would like to point out that of course he is a member there. This is the age of new media, and ARF is a large gathering place for people who generally support Glenn Beck and listen to his show. So keeping tabs and monitoring what your patrons are interested in, especially in a market that is a fluid and ever changing as the one Mr. Beck is in (dissemination of timely political / social commentary) is of vital importance. The internet and web discussion forums make this millions times easier than it used to be. Along the same lines, I am sure that he is a member (or at least a lurker) over on the most prominent democrat / liberal forums, DU (Democratic Underground).

Heavy Metal
10-26-09, 19:28
Both websites have their place in the grand scheme of things. There is some overlap in audiences and there are some areas where one does one thing better than the other.

Arfcom is quantity. M4 is quality.

The gun world needs both for different reasons. Each has a place.

I do not see them as competetors as much as I see one complementing the other.

I like both!:D

M4arc
10-26-09, 19:35
I don't know why you guys think this will get locked? I don't think any of the mods or staff here has a problem with Glenn Beck being a member there or you guys talking about it.

Like any other thread keep it civil, mature and respectful (everyone usually does) and there won't be any issues :)

Rider79
10-26-09, 19:57
I tried reading that thread and 75% of the posts are "+1" or "In", and then it turns into running commentary on the show, "ooh look what he's saying now". F-ing annoying.

SW-Shooter
10-26-09, 21:06
You do have to have your waders on at times, but someone from his staff has to be the little birdie in his ear. He doesn't compile 100% by himself, his research team does.

Outlander Systems
10-26-09, 21:46
SWS is right. I know for a fact, one of the forums I used to be a member of was on his staff's list of haunts.

travistheone
10-27-09, 00:30
How do we get him here?

Mac5.56
10-27-09, 01:01

Can I be here if I am a member of the pro Constitution/Bill of Rights Community (all of it)?