PDA

View Full Version : A New Name for our Rifles

02-28-07, 16:29
We should start referring to AR-15 and similiar rifles as "Homeland Defense
Rifles", instead of that other term.

Who in their right mind would want to ban a tool for the protection of America?

Enthusiast
02-28-07, 17:41
We should start referring to AR-15 and similiar rifles as "Homeland Defense
Rifles", instead of that other term.

Who in their right mind would want to ban a tool for the protection of America?

Not a bad idea.:D Although I still have a feeling the left wing pinko commies would still try to ban them since they're not big fans of Border Protection, the War on Terror, or the Patriot Act.:D

John Fettes
02-28-07, 17:53
I like Sport Utility Rifle myself.

John

LOKNLOD
02-28-07, 18:58
I like Sport Utility Rifle myself.

John

Nah, the moonbats hate those too. Maybe "Hybrid Rifles"?

Jester
02-28-07, 19:08
I always say a-pepper rifle when I'm being sarcastic talking to my dad about a-salt rifles.

I like the sport ute

John Fettes
03-01-07, 07:12
Maybe "Hybrid Rifles"?

What shade of green would we need for the furniture?

John

Cold Zero
03-01-07, 07:16
Homeland defense rifle has a nice p.c. ring to it.:eek:

ISAIAH53
03-01-07, 07:36
David Crockett called his "Ol' Betsy." If that was a good enough name for his rifle, it's good enough for mine. "Ol' Betsy" it is.

LOKNLOD
03-01-07, 07:55
What shade of green would we need for the furniture?

John

Foliage green, of course. Wouldn't want to promote deforestation would we?

:D

baffle Stack
03-01-07, 15:29
I like Evil Black Rifle myself. Satire is lost on some people.

03-02-07, 20:25
I posted a similiar thread over on M1911.org in the general discussion forum and they deleted it. Said it was politics, yet they have other threads about the proposed weapons ban?

Out of 10 gun forums where I posted this suggestion they are the only site to delete it.

I know that site is primarily 1911's but they have lots of posts about other things also.

I guess Jim Zumbo is not the only one who hates assault rifles.

Maybe they think their little pistols won't be next?

John Fettes
03-02-07, 23:06
The enemy loves to see division among gun owners.

John

REnightstalker
03-03-07, 00:48
i refer to my rifle as a sport rifle but sport utility rifle sounds ok. tree huggers wont like it, they'll think it implies the rifle weighs 4 tons and gets 5 miles to the gallon, but who cares. i drive a suburban that gets like 6. if they were called something cute then i wouldnt want mine anymore.

baffle Stack
03-03-07, 14:30
I call mine the Dipsh*t Deterrent. There is nothing sporty about my carbine. Calling its something for the sake of PCness insinuates that owning a gun for shooting bad guys is somehow...how do I put this, the wrong reason to own a gun.:rolleyes:

scooter
03-03-07, 17:51
I posted a similiar thread over on M1911.org in the general discussion forum and they deleted it. Said it was politics, yet they have other threads about the proposed weapons ban?

Out of 10 gun forums where I posted this suggestion they are the only site to delete it.

I know that site is primarily 1911's but they have lots of posts about other things also.

I guess Jim Zumbo is not the only one who hates assault rifles.

Maybe they think their little pistols won't be next?

Being a regular at M1911 forum I have to say that you twisted what they told you to suit yourself!!!
They deleted the post because that subject is VERY POLITICALLY oriented and because they are a multinational forum politics are strictly forbidden. If you are gonna complain about a site at least have the brass to tell the truth!
Anyone who thinks Im just flaming him can check out his post asking why it was deleted and see the truth for themselves!
And As far as the smart aleck zumbo slam if you spent more than 5 minutes there to post your stuff then run you would see that there a LOT of people over there that also own the scawy black rifles. TRUTH.

03-03-07, 18:05
Truth hurts doesn't it.

Check out their Assault Weapons Ban thread- That's political.

scooter
03-03-07, 18:14
Truth hurts doesn't it.

Check out their Assault Weapons Ban thread- That's political.

Yup sure does , the title may be political, the conversation taking place in the thread is NOT

03-03-07, 18:18
OK. Your right, I'm wrong. I aplogize.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

I don't know why I can't behave?:D

scooter
03-03-07, 18:23

Obviously you have a problem with their rules over there, some do MANY dont.
All I can tell you is you're dead wrong about the 2nd A stance of probably EVERY american on that forum. If you dont like thier politics rules then dont donate to them or visit the site, That'll show them huh:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

REnightstalker
03-03-07, 18:29
i refer to my bushmaster as a "sport rifle" not all rifles. i got 7 rifles of various calibres and uses. a deer rifle (7 mag) varmit rifle (22-250) and a pile of 22lr and mags not all are sport type rifles , besides if i called it the death slayer 2020 or the hell raiser700 or any other dark name some one would say something. 9 out of ten times when someone calls something simple by a complicated name they are either trying to look more intelligent than they really are. or they are trying to make it sound alot badder than it actually is. i mean you wouldnt call a spoon a
"cereal consumption assistance device" then again a few people prolly would.

scooter
03-04-07, 00:23

I owe you an apology, there have been a lot of new posts since they warned about politics and yet some of the new ones(since my last visit) are basically political. I am really surprised the thread hasnt been closed.
However I still say your Zumbo shot was cheap and unwarranted.

UPDATE:
Have just sent this PM to John(owner) at m1911.org, will post reply when?if I receive one:

Im not trying to be a smart *** but am truly confused as to why this thread has been allowed yet the guys post on calling assault weapons "homeland defense weapons" was deleted? It was/ is no more political than this thread has obviously become??
Just sounds a little "double standardy" to me!
Maybe discuss it with the other mods and then ban me I dunno...............

UPDATE II: John Caradimas response to my PM

For the very simple reason that more than one high-risk (read below) threads are too much. And when

I say high-risk, those threads tend to easily go the wrong way and mix politics in the discussion.

It's inevitable. So the more threads on the topic, the better.

Also, please understand that this is NOT an American forum, this is an international board where

lovers of the 1911 come to discuss the pistol. What for you is "Homeland Security" is plain bull

for others. I do not want international flame wars.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

And one more thing. Since that was not your post, why do you care? Or to put it in another, rude

way perhaps, so that I make my point clear, why do you think that I have to explain my decisions to

you Scooter? I do not intend to ban you or anything, but don't you think that some of you people

are acting as if I owe you an explanation? Read the Rules, I have the right to remove any post,

without even explaining why. I have the right to ban any member without explanation. Didn't you

agree to comply with these rules when you registered?????

I then asked to have my acct deleted and his reply?:

GLADLY!

So much for reason with foriegnors!

Crash
03-04-07, 00:36
I refer to my rifles as "Single Fire Rifles". In the back of my mind I remember reading that a majority of AWB supporters believed that the previous legislation banned full autos. I simply refer to my rifles as Single Fire, and it actually is self descriptive enough to warrant more than a few replies of... "You mean it isn't a machine gun???"

To which I repley, no it won't fire automatically. You might be surprised how many times I've heard.. "Well, that's a bunch of shit. They're portraying it as if they are full auto." I then envite them to go shooting. Forgive the pun... but its like shooting fish in a barrel. :D

I've converted many opinions this way.. but only 5 of my conquests have been converted to the point to purchase an evil single fire rifle. Four ARs, and 1 AK. I say, keep attacking the issue with the most powerful weapon we have, the absolute fun that comes from firing the AR15. Or M4 in my case.

Ammo budget sure has taken a beating though.

uranus
03-04-07, 12:50
I generally refer to my personal AR15-style rifles as "AR's" or "target rifles " rather than assault weapons, combat rifles, home-defense rifles, or SHTF rifles, although they can potentially serve in every one of those functions.

If there were an appropriate opportunity, I will state my opinion that private gun ownership is essential to a free society, and might use Haiti and the D.R. as a modern example, since they are two nations that are side-by-side and compose the entirety of the same island.

Since I work in a multi-discipline environment, there are a mix of people that carry firearms and people that have never shot a firearm in their life.

I have mentioned to some people that the U.S. sponsors the Civilian Marksmanship Program that promotes shooting proficiency for both "juniors" and adults and subsidizes rifle purchases.

Since I am in N.E., I might also mention that the M.I.T. pistol team has won numerous championships.

It is surprising to me that many people have never heard of the Civilian Marksmanship Program or the functions that it serves or were unaware that M.I.T. and other univeristies and colleges have pistol teams.

I have also met people that did not even know that there were shooting competitions in the Olympics!

scooter
03-04-07, 16:21
I repeat this just to bump it to the top for everyone too see!
UPDATE:
Have just sent this PM to John(owner) at m1911.org, will post reply when?if I receive one:

Im not trying to be a smart *** but am truly confused as to why this thread has been allowed yet the guys post on calling assault weapons "homeland defense weapons" was deleted? It was/ is no more political than this thread has obviously become??

For the very simple reason that more than one high-risk (read below) threads are too much. And when

I say high-risk, those threads tend to easily go the wrong way and mix politics in the discussion.

Also, please understand that this is NOT an American forum, this is an international board where

lovers of the 1911 come to discuss the pistol. What for you is "Homeland Security" is plain bull

And one more thing. Since that was not your post, why do you care? Or to put it in another, rude

way perhaps, so that I make my point clear, why do you think that I have to explain my decisions to

you Scooter? I do not intend to ban you or anything, but don't you think that some of you people

are acting as if I owe you an explanation? Read the Rules, I have the right to remove any post,

without even explaining why. I have the right to ban any member without explanation. Didn't you

GLADLY!

scooter

03-04-07, 19:42
Thank You, Sir.

One less website for me to visit!

graffex
03-05-07, 12:45
I repeat this just to bump it to the top for everyone too see!
UPDATE:

GLADLY!

scooter

That is a pretty idiotic response. Never been there before, and I'll surely never go there now.

GADAWG
03-05-07, 13:36
Not a bad idea.:D Although I still have a feeling the left wing pinko commies would still try to ban them since they're not big fans of Border Protection, the War on Terror, or the Patriot Act.:D

Why would anyone be a fan of the Patriot Act? :confused:

Joseywales
03-06-07, 20:23
I prefer "Civil Rights Rifle"

GADAWG
03-07-07, 11:25
I prefer "Civil Rights Rifle"

+1 to that! Or maybe "Civil Liberties Protection Rifle" or "Tyranny Response Rifle" :D

Erick Gelhaus
03-07-07, 20:10
Recently sent to me by e-mail:

Jihadi Paradise Facilitator

JaxCatm
03-07-07, 23:41
Why can't we just call them rifles. They are a tool. Some of them used for fun and recreation just like your shade tree mechanics wrench. Some of them are tools of a trade used by skilled pros for a purpose to get the job done. Not any different then a carpenters hammer used to frame a house.

baffle Stack
03-08-07, 10:36
Why can't we just call them rifles. They are a tool. Some of them used for fun and recreation just like your shade tree mechanics wrench. Some of them are tools of a trade used by skilled pros for a purpose to get the job done. Not any different then a carpenters hammer used to frame a house.

OMG someone with something intelligent to say! Ban him before it spreads.:p