PDA

View Full Version : Lower Kits

Dirk Williams
10-27-09, 11:17
Wondering if there are great VS good lower end build kits. I'm doing/did a Noveske and would like to stay with a high end, hi quality lower build parts, in fact I would like to use whatever they use to keep the weapon pure.

Im getting a very quick education on these fine rifles I'm hoping you all could list great lower kits in a deminishing rank kinda like Rob's rifle comparison.

I Finally did finish the Noveske lower last night using I think a DD lower kit. The rifle is simply awesome. Putting it together without the right tools was a real goat ****.

PS is there A "Snap On" quality tool maker of AR tools that I should be buying the proper tools from?

Dirk

C4IGrant
10-27-09, 12:50
Wondering if there are great VS good lower end build kits. I'm doing/did a Noveske and would like to stay with a high end, hi quality lower build parts, in fact I would like to use whatever they use to keep the weapon pure.

Im getting a very quick education on these fine rifles I'm hoping you all could list great lower kits in a deminishing rank kinda like Rob's rifle comparison.

I Finally did finish the Noveske lower last night using I think a DD lower kit. The rifle is simply awesome. Putting it together without the right tools was a real goat ****.

PS is there A "Snap On" quality tool maker of AR tools that I should be buying the proper tools from?

Dirk

Our LPK's are pretty good I think.

C4

Outlander Systems
10-27-09, 12:55
I can't speak for his whole kit, but Grant's selector saved me from some serious headache. The quality was leaps and bounds beyond what came stock in my smokewagons.

lil'Zeus
10-27-09, 15:00
Grant~
Can you change out the safty for a ambi if a guy wanted that?

thanks
shane

C4IGrant
10-27-09, 15:01
Grant~
Can you change out the safty for a ambi if a guy wanted that?

thanks
shane

No as we do not have any.

C4

lil'Zeus
10-27-09, 15:05
Okay, thanks for the quick response!

tarkeg
10-27-09, 18:29
I can't believe Grant's got 'em. I ordered 2 w/everything.
Thanks Grant.

Boothj
10-27-09, 19:43
I just picked up a Stag kit and its treating me just fine.

tirod
10-28-09, 08:43

Dirk

I agree, it's difficult to find really definitive expressions of what kits are good and not so good. Beyond a comment of "Cheap junk" or "Plastic parts," nobody gets down to measuring pins for tolerance, etc.

It may well be suppliers contributing to the "Bag of Parts" change so often its hard to pin them down.

And those who have good mechanical skills assembling aren't always known for their internet posts. It's like gun mags, you don't get a Massad Ayoob for every article, a shooter who writes.

When a seller gets down to advertising his wares with closeups, technical descriptions, tolerance callouts, etc., we might know more BUT that can have unintended consequences. Then the race for better advertising hype will be on. We don't need to introduce that kind of thing in our hobby.

It could lead to all sorts of immature one-upmanship. :rolleyes:

AnimalMother556
10-30-09, 22:24
Our LPK's are pretty good I think.

C4

I've been impressed with the quality of your lower receiver parts.