PDA

View Full Version : East Dallas and/or DFW M4C members sound off!

CaptainDooley
10-27-09, 17:06
Okay, I just wanted to get something in our forum, but I figured I'd make it useful...

Any of you guys in the DFW or East Dallas (ya know - Mesquite, Garland, Rowlett, Rockwall, heck even Terrell/Forney or Greenville) area?

If so, where do you train and how often? Are you a member of any competitive shooting groups/clubs?

I need some trigger time and putz'n around on my own at TargetMasters just ain't producing results...

xtremejc
10-27-09, 19:24
Okay, I just wanted to get something in our forum, but I figured I'd make it useful...

Any of you guys in the DFW or East Dallas (ya know - Mesquite, Garland, Rowlett, Rockwall, heck even Terrell/Forney or Greenville) area? Frisco !!!

If so, where do you train and how often? Are you a member of any competitive shooting groups/clubs? Not as much as I would want to but always willing to learn from the more experienced. Only a GSSF member and try to attend as many training classes when they make a stop here in TX...

I need some trigger time and putz'n around on my own at TargetMasters just ain't producing results...Let's get something going !!!

My replies are in bold !!!

T.Shrewsbury
10-28-09, 10:54
mr.t here in C.ville, just W of Grapevine.
I use L.B.'s TDSA range S of Dallas for workouts.
Several pistol pits, up to 300yd rifle, private...
Anyone interested in a
range day, mail me. We can talk.
mr.tshrews@gmail.com
PS....kinda wet/muddy down there at present but....better still.
later......mr.t.

texasrangers
10-30-09, 15:58
richardson...

anyone know of a range that is 500+ yds around here?

I go to school in Ark. but will be back over xmas...maybe we can all get together

PPGMD
11-06-09, 15:57
anyone know of a range that is 500+ yds around here?

The only 500+ yard range I know about is Tac Pro out west of Fort Worth.

Anyways I'm in the area. I also shoot at TDSA.

I train several times a year, try to get at least 80 hours of training in. I practice every weekend.

rrpederson
11-08-09, 22:51
im in little elm, west of frisco, north of dallas by about 25 miles. i would be willing to come out and train, schedule permitting. me and extremejc were talking a while ago about getting together but my schedule sux, i work the deep nights shift, from 11pm to 7am. i would be able to do things in the early morning but thats about it. my days off are taken by my better half.

BWW
11-09-09, 21:05
new to the sight, just been surfing around last couple of months.Im middle aged and new to shooting. Ive taken a couple of pistol classes and one carbine with MD. Thinking about doing some IDPA with DAPS. Anyone shot with this org. I need all the trigger time I can get

rrpederson
11-11-09, 03:12
i think the main problem is, finding a range that is nice and open, lots of ground to move around on, and also is flexible enough to allow us to do some shooting and moving drills. my department's range is only open to sworn personnel. anyone know of such a range?

CaptainDooley
11-18-09, 08:44
Here's a link to the range at Elm Fork... Doesn't look too bad...

http://www.elmfork.com/index.html

THellURider
11-18-09, 08:46
Tiger Valley teaches courses at Elm Fork Shooting range in Dallas, just east of Addison. The bays there allow you to do pistol or carbine.

There are a couple small, pricate, memebrs only ranges that have out to 500 yards spread out around the metroplex but nothing really IN Dallas.

texasrangers
11-18-09, 20:13
I know of a range where we can do some real shooting and moving. Its about an hour north of 635/75 in Tom Bean, TX. It is just on a guys land. 3 bucks per person per hour. bring your own targets, clean up your own casings, etc. no one bothers you. only problem is in the past year its gotten alot more popular.

Vendetta
01-19-10, 20:17
I moved down to the DFW back in September.

TriumphRat675
01-21-10, 17:57
new to the sight, just been surfing around last couple of months.Im middle aged and new to shooting. Ive taken a couple of pistol classes and one carbine with MD. Thinking about doing some IDPA with DAPS. Anyone shot with this org. I need all the trigger time I can get

I have shot with DAPS before and mean to get back into it. The quarterly carbine/pistol matches are fun. My only problem with DAPS is a lot of their matches are held on Sunday night when my give-a-damn is usually busted. They are a good group of people and know their stuff.

tju1973
01-29-10, 19:57
McKinney here--- wish this town would get a range again...

BWW
01-30-10, 12:36
Thanks for the reply aful. I did sign up with DAPS shortly after my post. Have shot a few IDPA and USPSA matches with that bunch on sunday evenings. Did the two gun last week. Your right -good bunch of folks + dialed in . Maybe see you out there in the future. Brad W.

Whiskey_Bravo
05-24-10, 23:33
East Dallas here.

Been here about 2 years and finally getting back into shooting. I would love to hear from anybody involved that is in the area.

SeriousStudent
05-25-10, 18:47
I know of a range where we can do some real shooting and moving. Its about an hour north of 635/75 in Tom Bean, TX. It is just on a guys land. 3 bucks per person per hour. bring your own targets, clean up your own casings, etc. no one bothers you. only problem is in the past year its gotten alot more popular.

Yes, that is Ralph's Range. Unfortunately, it's been closed for a few months, and there is not an announced schedule for it's return.

I live in Denton country, and am looking for a place to shoot as well.

afff_667
05-25-10, 19:00
Frisco here and looking to learn.

rudy99
05-26-10, 11:14
Figured I'd post up the shooting opportunitites I've found in the DFW area:

http://www.texascombatshooters.com/index.htm.

Texas Combat Shooters host a tactical pistol and a tactical rifle/pistol combination match every Thursday night from April-October weather permitting. Our matches are held at the beautiful Elm Fork Shooting Sports Complex located at 10751 Luna Rd. Dallas, Texas. The tactical pistol match begins at 6:30p and runs to around 8:00p. Our tactical rifle/pistol combo-match begins at 8pm and runs until we're done, usually around 9:30p. The rifle/pistol match will be approximately 70% rifle. You will be required to transition to or from your pistol in all stages of the event.

I've never shot with TCS and just found them this week, but it looks like a good opportunity to shoot rifles from something other than a bench. From what I've found, most ranges around the metroplex, don't allow you to shoot from anything but a bench.

http://www.dallaspistol.com/DAPS/

I'd imagine most people are more familiar with DAPS. They have IDPA on the 2nd and 4th Sunday evening of each month at DFW Gun Range (http://www.dfwgun.com/) and on the certain Wednesdays of each month at Elm Fork (http://www.elmfork.com/). There is also a USPSA event once a month on a Wednesday evening. I'd suggest checking the calendar on their website.

I shot IDPA pretty regularly when it was on Saturday mornings at Elm Fork before they flooded a few years back and it was pretty fun. The Sunday night shoots are now in an indoor range, which I find a little less desirable as it is noisy and crowded, but it is better than nothing.

Cross Timbers IDPA (http://www.ctidpa.com)

Cross Timbers IDPA holds SIX (6) regular matches per month. If the month has a 5th Sat. there is a carbine only match at JCSSA. If the month has a 5th Thurs. there is a BUG match The Shooting Gallery.

Matches are held the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Thursdays of each month at The Shooting Gallery (http://winchestergallery.com/), starting at 6:15pm. The Shooting Gallery is located on the east side of Fort Worth on the southwest corner of Loop 820 and E Lancaster Ave. Two Matches at JCSSA (http://jcssa.com/index.htm) on the 2nd Sun. and 4th Sat. of every month. Summer hours beginning at 9 AM. Winter hours start at 10.

Dallas Pistol Club (http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/)
They have regular pistol matches, however since this is a private range, I'm not sure how non-members go about shooting there. I'm sure that mystery could be solved with a quick phonecall. I have shot a tactical shotgun match there one time, several years ago. Mostly a bunch of guys with hunting shotguns (me included) hitting steel targets.

Other
Here (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103406751051132963776.000435a1d1c9ffa73485e&om=1&ll=32.97526,-96.963959&spn=0.739621,1.108246&z=10) is a link to a google map of shooting ranges in TX.

I think the only place I've found around DFW that allows you to shoot in more dynamic situations is TDSA (http://www.tdsa.net/), which is about 30 minutes south of downtown Dallas. I've taken some handgun training there, but have never shot there for practice. I've thought about joining up just to have somewhere to shoot a little more freely. Let me know if you shoot there on a regular basis.

Whiskey_Bravo
05-26-10, 11:27
Nice, thanks for all of the info/links Rudy.

I had somebody else recommend TDSA for that same reason so I think I will have to give that one a try.

cbyrd556
06-02-10, 15:11
Hello all, Carrollton reporting in. Is anyone getting together to train? I have been shooting at the Garland Public range, I haven't checked out Elm Forks. I am relatively new to the area, moved here a couple of years ago from Kansas. If any of ya'll want to meetup and shoot or just meetup for some brews I am game.

-Chance

Whiskey_Bravo
06-05-10, 23:50
So today I went to Targetmaster in Garland. Decent enough indoor rifle range, but terrible ventilation. Seriously. I am still coughing from it tonight.

I will probably not be going there again unless I know I only want to be there less than 30 minutes.

I will have to try somewhere else. I was told that the Garland public range will not allow fmj? If that is so, that adds to the cost of shooting there. I am up for getting together somewhere though to shoot, or for a brew. I am always up for a brew :D

rudy99
06-07-10, 15:59
I will have to try somewhere else. I was told that the Garland public range will not allow fmj? If that is so, that adds to the cost of shooting there. I am up for getting together somewhere though to shoot, or for a brew. I am always up for a brew :D

You will need to call out there to ask about FMJ. I believe at Elm Fork they don't allow FMJ on the rifle range, but ARs shoot on the "tac range", which is pretty much a part of the pistol range, where they do allow FMJ (not sure if there is an exception for .223 though).

My father went to the Garland range a year or so ago and said it was pretty scary. Some guy next to him had a little kid with him who picked up a gun and started waving it around. Yikes. I haven't had any experiences like that at Elm Fork, but that may be the luck of the draw. You will be hard pressed to find any ranges that let you shoot an AR from anything but a bench around DFW. TDSA (http://www.tdsa.net/) and maybe one other place that sounds a bit iffy have been the only ones I've found.

CaptainDooley
06-07-10, 16:18
I will never shoot at the Garland Public Range again. I only did the one time because I already had friends on the line shooting.

Worst experience shooting ever.

A friend and I walked in there for the first time ever. We walked up to the counter and the guy said (in a tone that ensured us he had better things to do), "Membership cards."

Us: "Uh, it's our first time here..."

Him: "Go in that room and watch the video."

Okay, not great service, pretty rude actually - but I could live with this. After watching a horribly produced video where the various employees read the rules about 4 times each for 30 or so rules we were free to go back in the other room... where we signed a paper saying we read the rules and watch the video. Tedious, but I could live with this at this point.

Until now my friend and I had been balancing our guns and gear with no real place to put them. Once handed the pen and paper the guy told us to put all of our firearms and ammo in the corner until we've signed the paperwork. My friend made the mistake of saying, "Even our carry pieces?". We had been dealing with the owner until this point and his grown son had been reading a gun rag. At this point the son exploded out of his seat and screamed, "I AM THE ONLY PERSON AUTHORIZED TO CARRY A GUN ON THESE PREMISES!" IF YOU HAVE ANY UNCASED, UNAUTHORIZED WEAPONS IMMEDIATELY RETURN TO YOUR VEHICLE TO CASE THEM!"

Mind you, there is no sign on the door stating this...

I stood there and signed the paper while my buddy went out to his car to case his weapons. We walked out onto the range to shoot. At this point I simply wanted to leave, but our friends were already out there shooting...

5 minutes later the last of our group showed up and was told he could not go to the line because the range was closing in an hour and 15 minutes and they wouldn't process anyone else that didn't have a membership.

The range was nice and I didn't see anyone do anything unsafe, but the owner and his son are nut jobs - and apparently they're usually the range masters.

cbyrd556
06-07-10, 17:41
Sorry to hear about the bad experiences at the Garland Public Range. I have only gone there 4 times and those have been on Sundays when it is 2 Veterans who run the range. Really nice guys and respectful too. I guess I should get down to Elm Fork and check it out. Anyone want to meetup at Elm Fork at the end of the month and get some range time in?

texasrangers
06-07-10, 18:06
odd experience. the only person i've talked to at Garland has been really nice but he wasnt the owner. the people at the front counter have never been overly cordial or anything. i dont know about the video, i joined 9 years ago when I was 12 and didnt have to watch anything. there is no FMJ on the rifle range, which is why I no longer shoot rifles there and very rarely shoot my pistols there - "only 1 round a second" is not all that conducive to my training.

I am down to meet up at Elm Fork. The only time I was there was to shoot skeet with a friend but the rifle and pistol ranges looked nice. Unfortunately, yes, Ralph's is closed. He said he had complaints about people purposefully shooting over the berm. He said he doubts thats true, that most likely his neighbors downrange just dont like him having a range, but if it is true that is pretty ****ed up. Also down to meet up for some brews.

BigBoss0311
06-13-10, 14:50
Alright, born in Dallas, raised in Richardson, now live in Plano. I as well would be willing to get together with some people and do some shooting. But I think the best option is finding someone north of 121 with some land we can go to. I go to Targetmasters for my pistol shooting. Nice enough. Can not stand Bullet Trap, I can't stress enough how much everyone should stay away from that place. I as well had a bad experience with the CS at Garland Public, but I was willing to put it aside until they said no FMJ on the range. Makes absolutely no sense why they won't allow FMJ, except to sell their own ammo and make a buck off shooters. I shoot for a living and I get back from overseas in August if anyone wants to get together. Hell I'll even buy the beer afterwards.

afff_667
06-14-10, 13:20
The lack of places in the Dallas area to shoot an AR using FMJ is why I've hesitated for several months to purchase the BCM, support items, and training that I've been patiently saving for. The situation is actually kind of depressing!! I'm hesitating because I'm concerned that I will not be able to support carbine training I plan to attend with regular practice. I'm certainly open to other ideas, suggestions, etc.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard, but there was a guy in Rowlett mowing his yard approximately one mile beyond the Garland range who was struck by a .22 bullet over the weekend. It's difficult to believe that the round came off the range, but you can bet that there are some folks rolling up their sleeves, once again, to get it shut down.

You think Garland is bad? Try Gibson's Outpost for crappy customer service....

TriumphRat675
06-14-10, 13:50
Just a heads up re: FMJ ammo in Dallas: most places in Dallas, as noted above, don't allow it and according to the guys at the Garland range, for them at least the rule is based on a municipal ordinance. Ever since I came to the reluctant conclusion that Wolf JHP isn't AR-destroying steel-cased powdered-demon-shit, the restrictions on ammo are seeming like more and more of a non-issue.

BUT if you love FMJ's or have a large stack on hand, keep in mind that at the Elm Fork range the restriction on FMJ's seems to only apply to the plinker/target shooter crowd during the day. If you go to training classes (e.g. Tiger Valley's Tuesday night classes) or competitions (DAPS's carbine shoots or the guys who shoot on Thursday nights), the no-FMJ rule is, shall we say, conspicuous in its absence.

The DFW indoor gun range on Mockingbird is also FMJ-friendly and has decent facilities, albeit at a premium.

cbyrd556
06-14-10, 14:42
Just a heads up re: FMJ ammo in Dallas: most places in Dallas, as noted above, don't allow it and according to the guys at the Garland range, for them at least the rule is based on a municipal ordinance. Ever since I came to the reluctant conclusion that Wolf JHP isn't AR-destroying steel-cased powdered-demon-shit, the restrictions on ammo are seeming like more and more of a non-issue.

BUT if you love FMJ's or have a large stack on hand, keep in mind that at the Elm Fork range the restriction on FMJ's seems to only apply to the plinker/target shooter crowd during the day. If you go to training classes (e.g. Tiger Valley's Tuesday night classes) or competitions (DAPS's carbine shoots or the guys who shoot on Thursday nights), the no-FMJ rule is, shall we say, conspicuous in its absence.

The DFW indoor gun range on Mockingbird is also FMJ-friendly and has decent facilities, albeit at a premium.

Thanks for the info Triumph. Do you shoot regularly at Elm Fork? If so what are the range fees like there. Their website isn't real clear on the price. I also wasn't aware that Tiger Valley does Tuesday night training. I am saving up to take one of their Tactical Carbine courses since Magpul Dynamics doesn't have any going nearby. I would love to fire my FMJs but I have 800 rounds of Brown Bear steel case JHPs through my AR and she eats it like a champ, so I can't bitch too much. Take care and watch your six.

Chance

rudy99
06-14-10, 15:50
Thanks for the info Triumph. Do you shoot regularly at Elm Fork? If so what are the range fees like there. Their website isn't real clear on the price. I also wasn't aware that Tiger Valley does Tuesday night training. I am saving up to take one of their Tactical Carbine courses since Magpul Dynamics doesn't have any going nearby. I would love to fire my FMJs but I have 800 rounds of Brown Bear steel case JHPs through my AR and she eats it like a champ, so I can't bitch too much. Take care and watch your six.

Chance

Range fees at Elm Fork are $15 (http://www.elmfork.com/rangefee.html). Fees at DFW (http://www.dfwgun.com/about/membership.html) are $17, which is not that different and you get a bit of A/C.

A quick call to Elm Fork would resolve the FMJ matter quickly (They are closed Mon/Tues, so I can't call out there now).

cbyrd556
06-14-10, 16:17
Range fees at Elm Fork are $15 (http://www.elmfork.com/rangefee.html). Fees at DFW (http://www.dfwgun.com/about/membership.html) are $17, which is not that different and you get a bit of A/C.

A quick call to Elm Fork would resolve the FMJ matter quickly (They are closed Mon/Tues, so I can't call out there now).

I guess I was reading it wrong. It looked like it was saying that Paper targets were $15 and $120 for 10 rounds of shooting, I knew that couldn't be right. Thanks all the same rudy99.

Chance

Norinco
06-14-10, 16:18
Gibson’s Outpost & Shooting Range, 123 Lawson Rd, Mesquite.
Not the best place but its close...Crabby old couple owns it. They have 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 yrd targets. You can shoot anything but .50 cal.

TriumphRat675
06-14-10, 16:24

If you call them the answer will be "no FMJ's."

I would urge you NOT to call and ask if there are exceptions for obvious reasons.

ETA: Rudy, I just read your earlier post on the tac range. I can't speak to the use of FMJ on the tac range, so if that was what you were referring to please ignore this post.

Turnkey11
01-03-11, 22:34
I'm on the opposite side of town from everyone else (Benbrook, SW Fort Worth) but I share the same dilemma as everyone else. The best place I've found in the couple months living here is Tac Pro, but I haven't shot there yet. If anyone is a regular out there I'd be willing to meet up with a few AR's and ammo and run through a few drills.

D.S. Brown
01-17-11, 00:06
I'm up in The Colony. I do some intro to handgun instruction at DFW Gun Range on Saturdays.

Best,

Dave

TXBob
03-02-11, 18:01
I'm in Murphy (Plano/Richardson)

I've been looking around for some good AR courses/enthusiasts/etc...

Done a few matches with DAPS and thinking about hitting up Collin County IDPA.

I'm having trouble locating a good local store myself. Targetmaster seems ok and friendly, but their selection seems limited.

Bullet Trap is NOT friendly (a few staff are, I try and go to them directly), but has good prices.

I'm still undecided on Gunmaster.

cbyrd556
03-04-11, 01:15
I'm in Murphy (Plano/Richardson)

I've been looking around for some good AR courses/enthusiasts/etc...

Done a few matches with DAPS and thinking about hitting up Collin County IDPA.

I'm having trouble locating a good local store myself. Targetmaster seems ok and friendly, but their selection seems limited.

Bullet Trap is NOT friendly (a few staff are, I try and go to them directly), but has good prices.

I'm still undecided on Gunmaster.

TDSA is one decent range, but Len Baxley is nigh impossible to get ahold of. I've been trying for 2 months. There is Jacob's Plain Gun Club north of Greenville, I have not contacted them yet, but they hold alot IDPA matches and have tac bays. And the furthest away is Tac Pro out North of Stephenville in Mingus. Those are the only ones I know of that allow "tactical" shooting. I know what you mean about Bullet Trap, I refuse to go in there anymore. I've been going to the Garland Public Range just to at least get some rounds downrange and confirm zeroes on their rifle range. We need to get the DFW folks gathered up from this site and at least meet for a brew or six. Maybe then we could hash out some training dates or whatever. Take care and have a good one.

Turnkey11
04-13-11, 21:38
Shot at the Arlington PD indoor range last week, too bad thats not open on the weekends.:D

afff_667
04-14-11, 08:39
We need to get the DFW folks gathered up from this site and at least meet for a brew or six. Maybe then we could hash out some training dates or whatever. Take care and have a good one.

I'm all for getting the local folks together. I'm in desperate need of some mentoring and basic guidance with my new BCM. I've hunted and been around firearms all my life, but the AR and associated thinking is a new animal for me. I want to take a training class soon, but I'm afraid I don't have enough hands-on experience to even show up for one. I can read and read and read advice, tips, instructions, but I could use some direct help.

So, yeah, I'm in for a brew or two to discuss possibilities....I'm in Frisco, but no place in DFW is really out of the way for me.

rudy99
04-14-11, 09:21
I'm all for getting the local folks together. I'm in desperate need of some mentoring and basic guidance with my new BCM. I've hunted and been around firearms all my life, but the AR and associated thinking is a new animal for me. I want to take a training class soon, but I'm afraid I don't have enough hands-on experience to even show up for one. I can read and read and read advice, tips, instructions, but I could use some direct help.

So, yeah, I'm in for a brew or two to discuss possibilities....I'm in Frisco, but no place in DFW is really out of the way for me.

I wouldn't worry about "training" in preparation for a class. As long as you know how your rifle operates (e.g. load magazines, lock the bolt back, use of safety and other basics) and you've at least had some trigger time from a bench, you should be prepared for a basic class. No sense in building bad habits prior to taking a class. I didn't have much experience with my rifle before taking a class at CSAT (http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/). At the end of the class I passed all but 2 or 3 of the CSAT standards (http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/standards.htm), which put me in at least the top half of our group of 9 or 10 people.

mp15man
04-19-11, 17:15
I live in Lancaster Tx and I would like to get together will some like-minded people to shoot and train but I work on Saturdays 7am-7pm If it was on a sunday or something like that I could do it.

Swig
05-24-11, 20:31
I’m not sure if this is the right area to post my question in, if so would a mod please move to the appropriate thread (I used the search function and couldn’t find a more applicable thread than this one).

I’m am trying to find a reputable entry level handgun class in the DFW area. Currently my home defense weapon is a Glock 19 with a X300 light. There have been a lot of break ins in my neighborhood by campus and I want to be more confident with my pistol. I have shot guns all of my life but from reading/lurking this form for around a year I know I should get the proper training. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SeriousStudent
05-24-11, 20:54
Wayne Dobbs is a VSM instructor in Allen.

http://vickerstactical.com/larry-vickers-regional-endorsed-instructors/

Give him a shout. I'd be happy to attend an intro pistol class with him as well.

rudy99
05-24-11, 21:08
I’m not sure if this is the right area to post my question in, if so would a mod please move to the appropriate thread (I used the search function and couldn’t find a more applicable thread than this one).

I’m am trying to find a reputable entry level handgun class in the DFW area. Currently my home defense weapon is a Glock 19 with a X300 light. There have been a lot of break ins in my neighborhood by campus and I want to be more confident with my pistol. I have shot guns all of my life but from reading/lurking this form for around a year I know I should get the proper training. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This thread may answer your question: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=43110

tnt1106
06-02-11, 11:09
Hello fellow DFW members,

I have been a member since shortly before purchasing my first AR about a year or so ago. see this thread : ( http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82233 )

I am approaching what I feel is the completion of my HD / training load out and would like to start meeting other SAFE like minded members, and to attend some beginner's courses starting my training. I live in Garland and frequent the range there (Garland Public Range).

What I am searching for (in no particular order):

Carbine class
Pistol class
First responder class
Basic First Aid class \ entry level EMT training.

My basic goal is to be proficient at making holes / patching holes.

Any good info I find I will post share here in this thread. Possibly if others are at my same entry level we could take classes together, or at minimum get some range time others have posted above.

Feel free to PM or IM me for contact info. Hope to meet some or all of you in person.

snipekon
06-09-11, 13:22
Over here in south Arlington. Just recently got into shooting, and currently shoot at Alpine & Shooting Gallery in East Fort Worth.

TDSA looks nice, but seems like it might be pretty packed? Whats a good day to head out there?

viperashes
07-07-11, 06:00
Hey Gents,

I'm from Forney, currently in the sandbox. I'm working on my Noveske build while I'm over here, and would love to get some guys together to go shooting when I make it home.

tnt1106
07-07-11, 08:29
Hey Gents,

I'm from Forney, currently in the sandbox. I'm working on my Noveske build while I'm over here, and would love to get some guys together to go shooting when I make it home.

Hi viper, hope to see you back over here soon! Details on your build?

Perhaps we could start a list of those of us that get together to shoot regularly. Add yourself if you have been out with us, or intend to and actual WILL show up. ;) Also if you have a preferred range list it.

1. tnt1106 +wife (any range local)
2. cbyrd556
3. BigBoss0311

Jamesb74
07-07-11, 09:18
Hello everyone. Have been lurking here for awhile. I think this might even be my first post. I shoot at TAW at the Dallas pistol club ( not a member) also trying out Texas Combat shooters pistol match tonight at elm fork. As well I belong to TDSA and try to get out every week. If there are some other things going on I would be interested as well.

cbyrd556
07-07-11, 13:01
Hey Gents,

Hey Viper we look forward to your return home. Me and tnt1106 have been out shooting a couple of times and agree the more people the merrier. What's your ETA on making it back stateside? The beer is on me when you make it back my friend.

afff_667
07-07-11, 15:30
I'm in Frisco, so please add me to the list, and I will show up. No preferred range, either. I'm pretty new to the AR platform and still trying to get the basics down with a stock BCM, 16" mid-length, and iron sights.

Let me add my best wishes to Viper for a safe return. Since the beer looks like it's already paid for, lunch is on me when you get back. Stay safe.

viperashes
07-08-11, 06:21
Hey Viper we look forward to your return home. Me and tnt1106 have been out shooting a couple of times and agree the more people the merrier. What's your ETA on making it back stateside? The beer is on me when you make it back my friend.

Hey cbyrd, I should be home in September for a couple weeks of R&R, then back from the 'stan for good in March and home-home for good in June. I appreciate it. I look forward to getting together for some gun shootin' and beer drinkin' (not at the same time of course.) :D

cbyrd556
07-09-11, 18:27
Hey cbyrd, I should be home in September for a couple weeks of R&R, then back from the 'stan for good in March and home-home for good in June. I appreciate it. I look forward to getting together for some gun shootin' and beer drinkin' (not at the same time of course.) :D

Outstanding Viper. We all look forward to your return. Take care and watch your six brother. I'll keep the beer nice and cold for ya.

viperashes
07-10-11, 03:45
Outstanding Viper. We all look forward to your return. Take care and watch your six brother. I'll keep the beer nice and cold for ya.

Sounds good brother. Thanks for the well wishes.

North
09-26-11, 16:47
I'm located in Garland, not far from Bass Pro. I have shot at Garland Public Shooting and Target Masters. I will be going to Extreme Defense when I get a chance to check out their range. I am pretty sure its the same price as GPS.

BWW
12-15-11, 11:10
Hav'nt been on M4C in awhile. Just posted on the TDSA sticky to see if anyone has been getting together and if so,where ?

FlyinSooner
02-25-12, 15:24
Haven't been here long. Don't have an AR platform yet but LOVE to shoot.

Carrollton/Colony area

nortexeric
03-18-12, 10:08
Up in Sherman, but would be interested in trying to make it to a range day. I've shot at GPSR, Bullet trap, and Targetmaster, so no real preference. Main deal is a good heads up to pull some money for fuel and work on keeping the mrs happy before hand.

-Eric

Javelin
03-18-12, 12:30
I'm here near Allen. Would also like to be included.

:D

bryanr
03-21-12, 15:10
Hey I'm North of Weatherford and I'd like to know if anyone's over this way! Thanks!

Bryan

JRod5402
04-06-12, 11:10
I'm moving back to Ferris from NC if anyone is interested in shooting.

CHouse34
12-22-12, 21:42
Late to the party. New to the forum. Denton here.

Japeatr
12-23-12, 11:47
Frisco

shaneinhisroom
01-11-13, 23:17
Just moved here about 7 months ago- where does everyone train and practice? I'm in Uptown.

I just heard about TDSA- does anyone still go there? Seems much better than DFW Gun or Elm Fork in terms of practicing reloads, transitions and moving...

Pat.c
06-15-13, 00:45
I just moved to Lewisville.

grnamin
11-28-13, 09:39
Moved to Plano from Sleepy Hollow, NY. Great to be here! Happy Thanksgiving!

tnt1106
11-28-13, 10:21
Moved to Plano from Sleepy Hollow, NY. Great to be here! Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome To DFW and Plano. Happy Thanksgiving! Training often and stay safe!

grnamin
11-28-13, 11:22
Welcome To DFW and Plano. Happy Thanksgiving! Training often and stay safe!

Thank you! My wife's cousin took me around the area two weeks ago... Hit the range at The Bullet Trap; window-browsed at Cheaper Than Dirt Guns, Cabela's and Gun Gear To Go. Texas is the place to be!

Norinco
11-28-13, 23:17
Welcome to Texas buddy. Lots of fun to be had in the DFW area.

grnamin
11-29-13, 11:20
Thank you! I can't express in words just how glad I am to be in The Free State. Will continue to support our brothers and sisters in occupied territory.

Cap'n Crash
05-23-14, 12:16
Hello,
I am looking for new places to go shooting, as well as new people to shoot with. I have no tactical/training experience, but I am a competent shooter and I am serious about safety.
I am located south of Denton in Argyle. Anyone looking to expand their group?
I am also looking for a competent engraver for a SBR lower.
Thanks,
Dain

SeriousStudent
05-23-14, 21:30

I am also looking for a competent engraver for a SBR lower.
Thanks,
Dain

Just down the road from you in Rockwall, I believe:

http://identmarking.com/index.php/sbr-logo-engraving

Welcome to M4C!

Cap'n Crash
05-23-14, 22:43
Thank you sir!

SuaSponte175
10-21-14, 19:09
I'm for Fort Worth as well, and my go to range is TDSA.