PDA

View Full Version : PMags don't drop free from my new LMT

kaltesherz
10-27-09, 18:33
I bought an LMT Defender and tried some Pmags in 'em and found that none of them dropped free from bolt lock. In fact, one of them even wouldn't drop with the bolt forward. All of them were older (07 and 08 dated) mags I used overseas, now I'm wondering if I should try out those new "improved" Pmags that are suppossed to be more "drop free" friendly. I'd like to put a Redi-Mag and B.A.D. on it and it would seem to complicate things a little more if I had to tug out my empty mag at the start of the drill.

Is this common? I thought LMT was pretty much the same quality as my issued Colt, so I was a little surprised...

Aggunner
10-27-09, 20:16
I've run into the same issue with the older mags, the ones with the taller ridges, so now they are my range mangs.

Shotdown
10-27-09, 20:18
Two things you can do, you can contact Magpul and see if they'll replace the body or you can sand down the two small bumps at the back of the PMag.

glockshooter
10-27-09, 20:21
It is not the rifle, it is the magazine. It is kind of like blaming your car because your tires dont fit.

M4arc
10-27-09, 20:22
Don't worry they don't drop free from any of my lowers (except for a DPMS lower) that I own either. That includes a Bushmaster, Eagle Arms, two LMTs, a BCM and a PWA. Sand the magazines down a little.

kaltesherz
10-27-09, 20:36
Thanks for the info, I'll just sand 'em down and enjoy my new member of the family

Thomas M-4
10-27-09, 20:38
Use the search function rob_s posted pics showing exactly were to sand it took all of 45 seconds to do each of my magazines.

kaltesherz
10-27-09, 20:44
I figured it out and yes, it took less than a minute and they work great, thanks guys!

Shotdown
10-27-09, 20:45
Awesome :D

Thomas M-4
10-27-09, 20:48
Here is the old thread https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=30029 its got pics showing were to sand.

Jeep297
10-28-09, 00:40
Either sand it down like others have said or contact Magpul. They have great customer service and will replace any mags that you have issue with.

htxred
10-28-09, 10:23
the new m version mags dont drop free from my seekins lower. but bought some older generation mags and they work fine.

Failure2Stop
10-28-09, 10:53
This has been covered many times.
There are three options if you find that your PMags don't drop free from your lower:

1- Sand down the back side of the bumps on the magazine as per the link. This option takes about 1 minute per magazine with a piece of sandpaper or nail file.
2- Contact MagPul and see what they have to say.
3- Live with it.