PDA

View Full Version : Aw shucks boys, the Fudds got themselves a AR magazine.

SW-Shooter
10-27-09, 18:42
http://www.arshunt.com/arshunt/200910#pg1http://www.arshunt.com/arshunt/200910#pg1

All kinds of material for digestion here. I fear the wrath that is about to come. Let loose.

SW-Shooter
10-27-09, 18:44
I haven't stopped laughing. Make it stop pleeeease.

mjp
10-27-09, 18:50
i was expecting a real-tree camo'd pmag or something.

SW-Shooter
10-27-09, 18:52
i was expecting a real-tree camo'd pmag or something.

Oh it's there along with Extreme Shock, Tapco and the usual crowd.

texag
10-27-09, 19:17
Well shit, I shoulda saved some money and bought an oly, seeing as how they're some of the best ARs ever made.

M4tographer
10-27-09, 19:40
What's the point of this thread?

LOKNLOD
10-27-09, 19:43
On one hand, it's good to see ARs legitimized in the hunting community, because they make up a huge portion of the gun comunity that doesn't really get as mobilized or vocal over the assault-weapons ban nonsense.

On the other hand....wow, just wow.

I couldn't make it all the way through. I stopped on the discussion of ".223 Winchester" being the most common AR cartridge.

Best of luck to them.

jtb0311
10-27-09, 19:55

Mocking the link in the OP.

Jim D
10-27-09, 19:55
Oops! :o

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww204/synergy303/fingerbang.jpg?t=1256690461

Great cover photo for your story, bubba. ;)

M4tographer
10-27-09, 20:06
Mocking the link in the OP.

Looked like manufacturer bashing...until I actually 'read' the horrid piece of trash. :D

It's like a train wreck though.

M4tographer
10-27-09, 20:21
http://philmarek.smugmug.com/photos/695039922_bGHaD-O.jpg

BAC
10-27-09, 20:58
I've got a Guns and Ammo - Book of the AR 15 magazine from early this year (I think) with an article by Dick Metcalf on using ARs for hunting. He goes into detail about the history of using military rifles to hunt with, and how most modern hunting rifles originated from military rifles.

"Technically speaking, it makes all the sense in the world that proven military rifle designs have always been inherently appropriate for hunting use. The reasons are simply stated. All successful military rifles are specifically designed for rugged, reliable function and durability under extreme conditions, which translates automatically into use under even the most strenuous field hunting use. They are also designed for reasonable weight, portability and ease of fast handling by people who may be carrying heavy gar and wearing bulky clothing." He also describes the many calibers ARs come in, so you're by no means limited to just a .223 or 5.56 caliber weapon. Pretty reasonable to me.

Glancing through this online magazine, I don't see a reason to make fun of it (though several things in the "Snafus" section are a bit off-kilter).

-B

Alpha Sierra
10-27-09, 21:00
That is retarded

SW-Shooter
10-27-09, 21:06
It ain't all bad, but dayum if they didn't try.

PrarieDog
10-27-09, 21:12
They have their work cut out for them. Really though the concept should be embrased and refernecs to FUD should stop. If more people are brought in using AR type guns it makes devide and conquering of the sencond amendment crowd that much harder. We as a group (gun owners) are going to have to come together to defeat Obama and his minons. The publication is rough but if it appeals to the hunting side of gun owners and helps to soften and change attitudes within the gun owning community then I am all for it.

VLODPG
10-27-09, 21:24
If it gets people who hunt & look at the AR platform as "one of those things" to look at it as a viable platform to hunt with, then that site is valuable in turning them on to the AR & building Allies in our fight for the right to bear arms.

The joke is on all of those so high & mighty, who can't see the potential benefit of that site, you really are not that bright.

I know I have turned a few "Fudds" to the AR platform, how bout you?

We are our worst enemy!

HwyKnight
10-27-09, 21:34
We need the hunters on our side. I say get as many as we can.

SteyrAUG
10-27-09, 21:41

Amusement.

SteyrAUG
10-27-09, 21:43

Finger OFF the trigger.

Damn, I thought hunters knew this stuff.

SW-Shooter
10-27-09, 21:53
They turn their nose to us and then they enter our house and try to adapt to our mindset but they don't take off their Fudd mentality at the door.

Kudos to them for realizing something that many of you/us have years before them, now they are the new kids on the block and they need to show some damn respect.

Let's start with mindset and training and work our way to the big boy stuff like writing articles. They have a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

garbear
10-27-09, 21:59
I am building an AR just for the purpose of blasting coyotes. The 223 is perfect for coyotes and foxes. The bullets can be loaded with lite bullets when you reload. These lite bullets minimize pelt damage.

look at all the 30-40 krags 1903a3 springfields that had been sporterized or used as they are to hunt. Those rifles were at one time top of the line military rifles. slamming hunters that traditional ridiculed AR use for hunting. You think you would be glad to have these guys on board with the right to bare arms. A lot of hunters in my age group are turning to the AR because we used them in the service. realizing that having a quick follow up. You don't have to loose or change your site picture with these. try that with a long action bolt gun. Guys in my Dad's generation most look down on the AR for hunting because all they have ever used are the traditional actions(bolt,pumps). Some like the old man have embraced the AR. Of course he is was in the service like I was. There are other offerings in calibers that appeal to hunters on the AR platform. There are AR's in 22-250,204 rugar, 243, 308, and I believe I seen one being offered in .338 win.I could be wrong, but I believe it was DPMS. One of the hunting magazines I have is predator extreme. There are more adds for AR rifles then any other hunting magazine I have. Dpms, remginton and many others advertise there AR line up. Whether you like it or not more and more hunters are embarrassing the AR platform. I guess I am a fudd then oh well I can live with that.

The Rat
10-27-09, 22:01
I'm not sure whether to laugh or throw up, or both simultaneously. This is even worse than the usual Guns & Ammo fare where all of the reviews are blatantly bought by the advertisers.

K.L. Davis
10-27-09, 22:39
A reminder to stay out of General Discussion?

BAC
10-27-09, 23:46
They turn their nose to us and then they enter our house and try to adapt to our mindset but they don't take off their Fudd mentality at the door.

Kudos to them for realizing something that many of you/us have years before them, now they are the new kids on the block and they need to show some damn respect.

Let's start with mindset and training and work our way to the big boy stuff like writing articles. They have a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

That's a lot of attitude. Who are you again?

-B

SW-Shooter
10-28-09, 00:49
Gee tough crowd, scurries off to his corner.

I loved the hog hunting article though.

Ridge_Runner_5
10-28-09, 02:17

Ive noticed they have their fingers on the trigger in most of the pics:eek:

Alpha Sierra
10-28-09, 05:58
Let's start with mindset and training
What?

To go shoot some coyotes or deer with an AR?

GMAFB.........

heijutsu
10-28-09, 07:37
Are chicks who might be able to kick your ass, hot?

perna
10-28-09, 07:46
Yes, she is hot.

civilian
10-28-09, 08:14
Amen brother.

A reminder to stay out of General Discussion?

lalakai
10-28-09, 09:23
I look on the magazine more as a profit device, then content. They realize there is a market out there, that covers a very broad range of perspectives, likes/dislikes, and financial abilities. They are gearing the magazine for a particular "spread". Nothing more then capitalism at work.

think of it as a variation on my wife's idea of home decor: For every space available, there is an object created. For every type of AR owner, there is a magazine published.

Me??? I prefer my own flavor of koolaid ;)

John_Wayne777
10-28-09, 09:50

Do you have evidence that the people behind this magazine are or have been in some way against the ownership and legal use of evil black rifles?

If not, then what is the basis for saying "they turn their nose to us"? Is it your assumption that there's some kind of Jets vs. Sharks "gang" war between people who hunt and people who keep weapons for serious social purposes complete with overly-dramatic score and gay dance moves?

Are you aware that many people who regularly train for serious social purposes also rather enjoy shooting animals and eating them?

Are you aware that firearms can be used for things other than killing people or preparing to kill people?

In today's climate we really don't need any more internal divisions than we already have.