PDA

View Full Version : Light painting (camoflauge) of DDM4

30in1
10-28-09, 11:00
Looking to give my DDM4 a light dusting of flat gray on the factory blackto break up the outline. Not looking for anything fancy, just a light coating. Maybe a tiger stripe pattern.

Disclaimer: I have no artistic skills!

I have seen some awesome pics on this site, and I am looking for a tutorial on how to.

Step by step instructions on prep, paint, and pattern.

Also, What is this netting thing?

Thnx for help.

mark5pt56
10-28-09, 12:57
For what you want to do, degrease, 90% alcohol will work and hand shoot it with grey primer from Walmart and be done with it.

If you want a "pattern" get a small section off a Pine Tree and use that. Vary the hold of the branch to have an irregular pattern.

tylerw02
10-28-09, 13:01
You can use duck decoy bags to get the circular netting pattern if you so wish.

texag
10-28-09, 18:18
You can use duck decoy bags to get the circular netting pattern if you so wish.

I used a laundry bag from walmart. Supposedly fishnet pantyhose work well too. Definitely degrease for prep, it'll look like crap if you don't. Ask me how I know.:(

30in1
10-28-09, 18:41
I used a laundry bag from walmart. Supposedly fishnet pantyhose work well too. Definitely degrease for prep, it'll look like crap if you don't. Ask me how I know.:(

Could you post pictures of how it turned out. This sounds like a good idea.

Thnx

Will all posters that have camo-ed rifles please post pictures if able, so I can get a visual for the input. Thnx

Icculus
10-28-09, 19:38
Will all posters that have camo-ed rifles please post pictures if able, so I can get a visual for the input. Thnx

There's a whole thread of painted rifles with lots of good camo examples :)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=5102

One of the posts in there links to a pretty good step-by-step of a multicam one someone did (sorry don't remember the poster). Good luck with the paint job.