PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Industries Sniper Rifle Cover/Pad

Gutshot John
10-28-09, 11:22
Was looking for something basic and dual-purpose for my SPS.

Any experience with these?

http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=392&cat=0&page=2

Sone
10-28-09, 11:25
I dont have the Eagle Version I have a custom made one but it works great, keeps you from overloading the drag bag and gives good protection to the rifle and scope. I was going to get the eagle one if I didnt get the one I have. Eagle makes great Kit.

BobM
10-28-09, 20:06
I got one earlier this year and used it at a couple of classes last month. It seems simper and easier to use, and less trouble to carry around, than the Eagle SMRA shooting mat I've used for a long time. I've only used it as a mat and carry case, haven't tried to drag it yet.
Some Eagle vendors, at least Triad Tactical and SKD Tactical offer it in multicam and maybe woodland if that matters to you. I saw the Eagle site only shows black, OD, and khaki.

TimW
10-29-09, 22:24
I've got one. Nice and simple. I'd get/find/make shoulder straps for it to help carry it at the range...I've no need for field work, as I am a range-shooter and don't pretend to be a "sniper" or anything.

I have a Rem 700 in a H-S Precision Stock. The gun, with the Eagle scope and muzzle cover, fits nicely. If I leave the bipod on, I can close it up, but it's a bit bulky. Going to the range, that's not an issue. The pocket for a notepad, pen, Mil-Dot Master, etc. is nice.

The Sniper Drag Bag can carry a lot more stuff (spotting scope, bipod, laser range finder, etc.) but also costs a lot more.

If you have a range bag or pack you put all your stuff in, the one you inquired about is fine. If you need something to hold everything, then the drag bag is likely better.

Surf
10-30-09, 12:39
I have the one you posted and also the Drag Bag (http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=363&cat=45&page=1). The construction with Eagle is top notch. However as mentioned, depending on your needs the first bag does not have shoulder straps but it can be fitted for straps if your creative enough. I actually use the DRGBG when I deploy.