PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions

tylerw02
10-28-09, 11:33
I'm getting ready to finish my SPR in the next couple of weeks and will start finishing what will be my last AR for a while. I've narrowed it down to two routes.

First route is a carbine with a permanent 14.5" 5C2. The upper would be a BCM 14.5" carbine, retain the FSB, and install a Daniel Defense 12.0 FSP Omega X. It would likely get a T1 Micro, MIAD grip, and a regular carbine or MOE/CTR stock. This is the closest thing I'll have to an SBR until I build a house and thus permanent residency.

Second route would be a RECCE-like system. I'd probably go with a BCM 16" middy upper, shave the gas block down and throw a 12.0 Lite Rail over it. I'd probably go DD iron sights for the time being and eventually top it with a 1-4x optic. It would get a MIAD grip and a VLTOR E-Mod or ACS.

The rest of my AR arsenal includes several 16" carbines including a bone-stock 6920, one BCM middy and another on the way, and the SPR. I realize these two builds are very different and accomplish very different functions, but either function I already have covered. So I suppose I'm soliciting which you prefer of your personally owned guns purely out of the enjoyment.

What would you do and why?

carbinero
10-28-09, 12:17
sounds like you plenty of all that. get a 6.8spc.

Artos
10-28-09, 17:25
I think with the current line up....I too would try another cal with the same idea in mind or hold off for the sbr.