PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Louisiana Gator Classic Goodness & Pictures

spankaveli
10-28-09, 17:42
Got finished with the '09 Louisiana gator classic. This match was my second
major match since I started shooting uspsa this January.

My goal going in was no mikes penalties. I also wanted to redeem myself for my performance at Area 4 since I did much worse than I should have. I basically defeated myself.

I accomplished that and more.

No misses, no-shoots, fte's etc. (there were a few memory stages so a lot
of fte at this match)
I won two stages in production.
And I came out 1st C and 6th overall out of about ~43 production shooters.

Definitely one of my better matches considering I messed up on one stage and shot it At least 4-5 seconds slower than I should have.

Definitely learned alot at area 4 and I can't thank the guys I shot with enough for helping me out. It definitely opened my eyes to the game and how my mind effects my shooting. I was very relaxed, had specific plans for each stage and, aside from that one, it worked.

:D

http://upload.spankdu.com/images/ox0r84ngyxj40e4rrgj2.jpg

Here are the rest of the pictures I took over the weekend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21910623@N02/sets/72157622654141516/

ToddG
10-28-09, 18:01
Great job, spanky! Congrats...

cougar_guy04
10-28-09, 19:19
So you're the guy that whooped me. :D

I was hoping I could contend for Top 3 in C-Class but it wasn't in the cards (it didn't help that I racked up 80 points in penalties on one stage for being an idiot). Maybe next year I can make a run for it. It was great to shoot a match in a bigger pond than I'm used to.

You guys definitely put on a great match, I'm hoping to make it over next year.

spankaveli
10-28-09, 19:50
Lemme guess, Stage 9? :D

cougar_guy04
10-28-09, 21:13
Lemme guess, Stage 9? :D
Lol, you must be psychic.:)

spankaveli
10-28-09, 21:15
Well, I know a lot of people crashed on that stage.

There's a reason it took me 38 seconds. :o I wanted to make damn sure I had at least two holes in each target. I think I shot two targets twice. :o

That and I went through the list and I could only find two names in the top that had a ton of M/NS/P and both were on stage 9.

Hell, your stage 9 was pretty much my whole match at area 4. :(
http://uspsa.org/mr/members/summary.php?year=2009&match=Infinity_Area_4_Championship&local=&clubid=&uspsa=A64276

cougar_guy04
10-28-09, 21:57
Heh, I can understand. The thing that killed me was the FTE I got, I stared right at the target and then blew right by. Stupid stuff always seem to get me.

Cold
10-28-09, 22:46
Spank!

Congrats brother!

The longer you shoot production I believe will make you a better shot once you move to another division.... so I am told anyway, I have been sticking with production since I started USPSA. When I use my limited gun for multi gun/3 gun I shoot it so much better, I believe in part due to sticking with production and working from there, or maybe Im just crazy.

spankaveli
10-29-09, 06:50
Heh, I can understand. The thing that killed me was the FTE I got, I stared right at the target and then blew right by. Stupid stuff always seem to get me.

Don't beat yourself up over it. I saw ALOT of people blow by targets on that stage, people that have been shooting forever.

Just look on the bright side, one thing you screw up is one thing you can improve upon. :)