PDA

View Full Version : No more MBUIS rear sights?

nolacopusmc
10-28-09, 22:45
Did a search and couldn't find anything.

Working the last gun show in Kenner, LA., and several dealers told me that Magpul was involved in a copyright battle with ARMMS over the MBUIS Rear sight design and they would be hard to come buy.

Any truth to that?

Alaskapopo
10-29-09, 04:55
Just a rumor I imagine.

rob_s
10-29-09, 05:06
A Google search for "arms magpul lawsuit" turns up lots of information on this.

I don't know why they would stop production on the MBUS in the meantime though.

chadbag
10-30-09, 15:25
A Google search for "arms magpul lawsuit" turns up lots of information on this.

I don't know why they would stop production on the MBUS in the meantime though.

disclaimer: I have absolutely no info on this.

I agree with you in principle. However, if ARMS were to win, they could claim damages based on the number of sights sold by Magpul so Magpul, if wanting to be cautious, could hold back sights until this is resolved.

Here is hoping ARMS gets their nuts handed to them in a bottle and their *ss on a platter.

Lawdog537
12-21-09, 13:46
I am having a very tough time finding an FDE rear sight. have not seen any anywhere I am looking for at least the last 3 months. can anyone find me one or answer why they are so scarce?

chenzzo
12-21-09, 14:08
I've heard from two different local sellers that they're supposed to stop selling the ones they have and that Magpul wasn't sending any more.

DrDrake
12-21-09, 14:12
There has been a settlement reguarding Magpul and ARMS reference the MBUS. We have resumed shipping them so they are out there.

GMZ
12-21-09, 14:16
I am having a very tough time finding an FDE rear sight. have not seen any anywhere I am looking for at least the last 3 months. can anyone find me one or answer why they are so scarce?

Bravo Company has had them in stock for weeks.

Link (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-MBUS-Rear-Back-Up-Iron-Sight-FDE-p/mag246%20fde.htm)

Lawdog537
12-21-09, 16:29
Thanks guys. I guess I did not look as well as I could have!

chadbag
12-21-09, 16:38
I've heard from two different local sellers that they're supposed to stop selling the ones they have and that Magpul wasn't sending any more.

While I had heard that Magpul had stopped shipping them due to ARMS etc (which seem to have been resolved now), I was never contacted Magpul that I could not sell the ones on my stock shelves...

Chad
also have FDE front and rear in stock

RichFitz
12-21-09, 22:54
Both MBUS front and rear sights are shipping as per normal.