PDA

View Full Version : What Height Riser for Aimpoint ML2?

blackscot
03-01-07, 07:35
Put a flatop AR on lay-a-way to get ahead of any impending AWB. Hopefully will have the scratch together to pick it up w/in a couple months.

Also got a good deal on a used Aimpoint a month or so ago. Currently has the low-profile ring, which I know is too low to co-witness, but which I'd still like to put to use rather than replace and have end up in the spare-parts bucket.

So I'm thinking one of the short and low-cost (~$15) Pic-rail blocks should do the trick, but see that they come in a couple different heights. Anyone know how high I'll have to raise the ML2 from the low-ring to get a co-witness?

Thanks.

Robb Jensen
03-01-07, 07:45
Put a flatop AR on lay-a-way to get ahead of any impending AWB. Hopefully will have the scratch together to pick it up w/in a couple months.

Also got a good deal on a used Aimpoint a month or so ago. Currently has the low-profile ring, which I know is too low to co-witness, but which I'd still like to put to use rather than replace and have end up in the spare-parts bucket.

So I'm thinking one of the short and low-cost (~$15) Pic-rail blocks should do the trick, but see that they come in a couple different heights. Anyone know how high I'll have to raise the ML2 from the low-ring to get a co-witness?

Thanks.

A 1/2" riser will work but I highly recommend a Larue LT-150 mount.
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/lt150DT.JPG