PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Aimpoint Mount Questions

tibis3383
10-29-09, 12:41
Hello all,

I am getting ready to purchase an ML3 from LaRue with a mount and had not given much thought to the different mounts. I am looking for experiences with both the Cantilever and the Tactical mounts. I do most of my shooting with my nose close to the charging handle and I may be adding a 3X when the money comes available, which is why I started looking at the Cantilever mount. Any experiences and comment are much appreciated. Thanks

Semper Fi,

Tim

Belmont31R
10-29-09, 15:03
Hello all,

I am getting ready to purchase an ML3 from LaRue with a mount and had not given much thought to the different mounts. I am looking for experiences with both the Cantilever and the Tactical mounts. I do most of my shooting with my nose close to the charging handle and I may be adding a 3X when the money comes available, which is why I started looking at the Cantilever mount. Any experiences and comment are much appreciated. Thanks

Semper Fi,

Tim

I guess it depends on your preference. For me I like the optic mounted as far forward as I can get it....with a URX or similar rail I bridge the gap with the actual lever still on the upper.

Some people like them in the middle of the upper.

Here is an M3 in a LT129 as far forward as it will go with the lever still clamping down on the actual upper:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/BM31R/DSC_0163.jpg

usmcvet
10-31-09, 12:57
It must be those USMC PMI's! I get my right nostril right up on the charging handle!

I chose a cantilever mount so I could mount the M3 further forward. I like the idea of having a both eyes open and mounting it forward should help me with my peripheral vision. I think we will both have to adjust our stock weld!

No photos yet but I purchased it from Belmont31R so his photo could very well be the one I have on the way.

Bantee
10-31-09, 14:24
I'm running an LT129 and ML3, they are both great pieces of kit. there is also plenty of room for the magnifier, which imho is well worth the money spent. Enjoy!