PDA

View Full Version : PNW Introduction / Roster... Sign in, sign up!

bkb0000
10-30-09, 02:20
Welcome to PNW. This group exists to serve as a place for people local to the Great Pacific Northwest to network for the purpose of training and gaining proficiency in the M4/AR15 platform. The group is open to everyone, and the only requirement is that you participate in the forum!

Range participation requirements are also simple-

1. Know the 4 RULES OF FIREARM SAFETY and follow them at all times
2. As part of rule No. 1, pay attention to your damn muzzle
3. Let me know if you're new to tactical shooting
4. Have a carbine/rifle and sidearm, and be familiar with your weapons' basic functioning - there's no point training for weapons you can't employ back on the street, so if you don't currently own an M4/AK/FAL/etc and full caliber sidearm, get 'em!
5. Have a sling and magazine carrying equipment, and be familiar with it

Range rules are what we call "Big Boy Rules." We follow the 4 RULES OF FIREARMS SAFETY, and nobody gets shot. We operate a "hot" range: weapons condition 1 and muzzles down when not on-target. We have/will utilize 180+ degrees of fire with 360 degrees of movement. If this bothers you, don't participate- it's not changing. We're training for real-life, and you don't clear and confirm and hang condition 4 after a firefight.

In the spirit of true networking for true training, I'd appreciate it if new and existing members would take a moment to post here in the Roster thread. Introduce yourself, state your purpose, your location in the Great Northwest, and where you train. Feel free to include any information you think might be interesting or useful. This is a small level of commitment... it doesn't obligate you to anything, but I hope it encourages you to participate. The more members the better, as far as I'm concerned. Welcome to all ages, races, sexes, political ideologies, and all levels of training.

The roster will let me know how many members we have and where, which is good to know. This thread also serves as a good announcement thread, since everybody should be subscribed to it- i encourage everyone to paste links to other threads started within the sub-forum, so that everyone subscribed to this thread will know it exists.

I'll start-

I'm Ben, I'm here to network with other gunners in the pacific northwest for the purpose of discussing training and tactics, meeting for weapons/tactics training, and, to gain some experience organizing/leading training events and matches. I'm from Saint Helens, Oregon. I do 95% of my training at Clatskanie Rifle and Pistol Club in Clatskanie (CRPC). Hopefully the new "state-of-the-art" range a couple miles north of town here will open up at some point in the near future- if anybody happens to have any inside info on that, please share. Frustrating as all hell to pass a beautiful new range on my way out to one 30 miles away. hah. I am not an "instructor," or even close- I simply lead and organize the group.

69 Members so far (that's right, we're keeping track):

bkb0000
Titleist
USAFR
Gackman
Selftest
Jeff M
Dirk Williams
GrumpyM4
wichaka
BrianS
Fountaine
Dutchy556
Dogpatch
carl20320
brigus48
rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
readyme
tacticalmonkey
Odiesplace
RyanB
engine296
Go4broke
252actual
troyn123
sproc - even though he hasn't POSTED HERE YET!
GlockWRX
High Desert
GitmoSmoke
rogue
MookNW
wake.joe
WestleyCE
IfromSalem
Nailz
gfelber
knuckles356
VonMockenheimer
t-bone187
jklaughrey
motoservdog
RBarker
seanb
oltmann
SCTSQRL
kaltesherz
bjw182005
mbacelonia
titsonritz
pistolcouture
O'doyle
vader
Scimitar2
hid237
DHart
spamsammich
mkmckinley
Tom Swift - even ****in canucks are welcome 'round hur.
Rayd8
tradja
PieceKeeper
J8127
randyha
ex-facto
BooneGA
crusader4x
alvincullumyork
MistWolf
alt145shiver

Titleist
10-30-09, 09:35
Thanks for kicking this thread off, Ben.

I'm Isaac, and I'm from Portland Oregon. I've been shooting for the last few years, mostly carbine and pistol, but I'm slowly working myself up in to the longer range and heavier calibers. I regularly participate in practical rifle, and other training sessions. For the past year I've been involved in bring the Magpul Dynamics classes out here to Oregon. I do most of my shooting at the Tri-County Gun Club, English Pit, Douglas Ridge, etc. As stated before I'm here to network, and get as much trigger time as work and budget will allow so as to keep up with my fundamentals and skill-sets.

USAFR
10-30-09, 17:29
Im Rob, Im a NRA certified range safety Officer, instructor in pistol,&Personal Protection in the Home. I was also a Certified a NRA police firearms instructor. I have been involved in several shooting matchs/styles in the area for a number of years. I have been a reserve police officer, and a deputy sheriff, I now work for Multnomah County, if I tell you what I do I'll have to , well you know, so dont ask. Im also a life member of the VFW.

I shoot at Douglas Ridge, I have been shooting Three gun for the last year or so. We were forced to only do 2 gun untill this summer due to a legal problem, we now have a shotgun bay so we are back to 3 gun. Shooting Three guns will set you back $10.00, we hold them about every three months, should be one coming up on Nov 29th,, they take place on Sundays, you dont have to be a member, bring your gear and shoot.
I retired from the Air Force Reserve in 2005 whereI was an NCOIC in a Security Forces/ Combat Arms Training and Maint. Sq. I am a school trained armor for Bretta, Colt, Remington, and ASP. Iv been to Gun Sight when the Col ran it and am now looking at SI styles. Just got done with there Close Range(pistol) Gun fighting class, what a way to spend a weekend.

What I'd like to get out of this? Shooting is fun, I can shoot, looking to train to use the tools I have. And training with others of like mind is always a good thing.

GackMan
11-02-09, 00:41
I'm in the Portland area as well.

I'm an NRA instructor for basic pistol, personal protection, and I'm an NRA RSO. I used to teach quite a bit. I admit, I haven't been instructing much the last few years. Just friends, acquaintances, etc.

I've been a reserve police officer for 7 years. Military for 8 years active duty (nothing sexy) and 4 years in the guard/reserves.

I shoot the practical rifle matches at TCGC the second Saturday of every month. I've shot IPSC, 3-gun and some things like that.

Been to a couple handfuls of training classes. Did a little happy dance when Thunder Ranch moved to Oregon.

See you guys around.

Selftest
11-02-09, 04:30
I'm a normal Joe Schmoe civie shooter. Just picked up my first AR and dry fire endlessly on the days I have off. I am new to tactical carbine shooting, but have been shooting pistol for a few years. Currently saving the funds for ammo/training, and an optic sometime soon.

Mainly looking for like-minded shooters in the area to get together with and shoot. I have a local gravel pit that offers about 180 degrees of movement, up to about 60 yards. I do have a local-ish range up in Custer, that Magpul TCII will be at in April of next year. I have yet to check out the range, as it requires membership to shoot in, but I have heard good things about it.

Oh, I'm Chris, I live in Bellingham, WA, which is damn near Canada.

Jeff_M
11-02-09, 05:24
I live in the Seattle area and work as a police officer (patrol and SWAT). I’ve been shooting ARs for a while and enjoy training and working hard.

I also work for Insights Training Center where I am a primary instructor for Handgun and Rifle Courses.

Thanks for setting up the group. If anyone arranges a get together in the Seattle area, hopefully, I will be able to come out a shoot with you guys.

Thanks,
Jeff

Dirk Williams
11-02-09, 10:15
Morning gents. I'm Dirk and I live in Klamath Falls Oregon. My goal is to improve my M4 skills to a high level. Did two tours in the USN and one in the guard. Been in law enforcemnt for well a long time.

Retired from Klamath Falls PD about 24 months ago, went right back" next day" to work in Ca as a resident Deputy. I mostly shoot long distance stuff. Designated sniper/counter sniper mostly "overwatch"on grows. 308, 300, 338LM.

I own several M4's " Two Olympic Arms". I can't seem to break them. A Stag and as of last week a Noveske which I really like. Other hobbies are white water rafting, Vintage Motocross and skiing.

Two grown children, one grandson, hoping for more soon.

Looking forward to getting together with others and get some training in.

Dirk Williams

GrumpyM4
11-03-09, 01:31
Aloha gentlemen.

I'm Chris and i'm an alcoho......er, I'm a training junkie.

Former DoD civilian (Steel worker and retired due to on the job injury). I live in the Port Orchard, WA.

I co-run a training group every two to 4 months depending on my schedule.

wichaka
11-03-09, 12:22
Howdee all!

Am a current LEO in WA State. Am a state certified firearms instructor in Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun. Been teaching for over 16 years, and taught at the state LE academy in Seattle.

I live in south central WA, down along the gorge...but will travel to shoot with the group.

I met several of the guys here at the get together we had about a month ago or so. Was a good time, looking forward to doing it again soonly!

BrianS
11-03-09, 16:33
Hey, names Brian, I live in Puyallup, WA. Have only been training in practical shooting about a year and a half, have gone to a number of classes at Insights (the school Jeff works for) since then.

Would love to come out to a training session if it is within a reasonable distance. Doing drills with other people to compete against increases the benefit of practice and the fun of it.

Fontaine
11-10-09, 16:38
Hey All,

I'm a civilian enthusiast. Informal experience comes from rifle league at Wades in Bellevue, Practical Rifle at the Tri County Gun Club. Classes i've taken are Firearms Academy of Seattle Rifle 1, and Magpul Dynamics Carbine 1.

This is all the crap i brought down to Magpul Carbine 1. Spare BCG, spare rifle, spare spare rifle....

http://www.pbase.com/image/115581584.jpg

GrumpyM4
11-10-09, 16:50
Hey All,

I'm a civilian enthusiast. Informal experience comes from rifle league at Wades in Bellevue, Practical Rifle at the Tri County Gun Club. Classes i've taken are Firearms Academy of Seattle Rifle 1, and Magpul Dynamics Carbine 1.

This is all the crap i brought down to Magpul Carbine 1. Spare BCG, spare rifle, spare spare rifle....

I used to run rifle league a lot when it was at WSI and a few times at wades. Fun stuff.

Dutchy556
11-13-09, 23:12
Hey all. I'm Piet (pronounced "Pete"), and I'm presently located in Central Oregon though I tend to end up in the Portland area a lot as well. I've been shooting since was I fairly young, a little over a decade or so. Primarily I'm interested in ARs and the tactical side of things.

I've taken Dynamic Carbine 1 and several handgun classes at OFA and I've been known to attend Practical Rifle and whatnot. I was at the first PNW training session and had a great time, hopefully we can get a regular thing going. I'm always looking for a good opportunity to get out and do some training.

Dogpatch
11-17-09, 04:07
Hello all. I am Richard and live in Everett, Wa. I like to shoot and love the AR platform. In the past I have competed in NRA High Power, IDPA and tactical matches. I have attended most of the FAS and Insight's classes. Trained with Ken Hackathorn, Matt Graham, Gabe Suarez and others. Ex Navy and Army, counld not make up my mind, so gave them both up.

Dirk Williams
11-17-09, 15:09
Gents, Im to far south to participate. Gonna go a different direction for training. Im more into long range stuff. Going to stay focused on that skill for now.

Thank you.
Dirk

carl20320
11-26-09, 12:44
Hey all. I'm Carl and I'm located west of Longview. Pretty new to the AR platform but I shot PR at TCGC in Novermber and did respectable for the first time (2nd place tyro and 26th overall). Been shooting the Action Pistol over at CRPC for a couple months. Been around guns most of my life. Interested in anything that gets me more proficient with my equipment and shooting more.

Titleist
11-26-09, 14:10
Hey Carl, we'll get something going soon for January.

USAFR
11-27-09, 11:14
I'm trrying to get a place in Vancouver, the "pit" I will be getting more info so stay tuned.

Be safe.

RobL

brigus48
12-09-09, 13:32
Hey guys I'm Brian. Just got my first AR and am looking forward to do some training, some practical rifle at Tri County and some classes at OFA and others. Ive been around firearms my whole life but no experience with AR's until now. I just moved up to the Portland area from Southern California a couple of months ago so I'm looking forward to some training and meeting some new people.

Titleist
12-09-09, 13:36
Welcome, Brian. We'll hook you up with some trigger time in January.

USAFR
12-09-09, 14:36
Hi all:
what say to a few hours of range time?. The first time we spent alot of time getting a good zero, I was in that group but I have it now.
Lets see about the 12th or 19th for a few hours at Douglas Ridge, ask Santa for some targets, and ammo appears to be someing around, any takers or do i have to shoot all by my self? BO Ho.

Be well all

robL

rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
12-15-09, 23:25
Looking through these, I just bought an SR-15 and want to learn how to "run and gun". I have no habits because I have never done anything like this. I started benchrest shooting when I was 8 with my grandfather, and would like to broaden my horizons a bit. Is there anything coming up?

RLG

Titleist
12-16-09, 08:13
We're trying to get something going for January. We'll be sure to ease the new guys in to run and gun, as there's safety concerns so we'll help you crawl before you can walk.

It's very fun, and we'll keep you guys updated on an upcoming get-together.

rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
12-16-09, 10:32
We're trying to get something going for January. We'll be sure to ease the new guys in to run and gun, as there's safety concerns so we'll help you crawl before you can walk.

It's very fun, and we'll keep you guys updated on an upcoming get-together.

Right on. Can't wait.

USAFR
12-17-09, 13:34
Welcome to the Great WET,&COLD, Northwast.

Take a look at the three gun at Douglas Ridge if you are in ther Portland area, they are going to be doing a shoot every month starting in Jan its a good way to meet folks and do some shooting.

Any way wecome, we also will be doing more after the first and i sure could use some of that sun from SoCal right about now.

Be safe

RobL

readyme
12-18-09, 17:27
Hi, my name is Matt and current firefighter... I live near Puyallup.
Strangely enough I don't own an AR (but this is a great forum for all gun info). So, I shoot shotgun and pistol, and would like to get out and shoot more.

bkb0000
12-18-09, 18:12
Strangely enough I don't own an AR

we can fix that.

Welcome, Matt.

brigus48
12-19-09, 03:21
Thanks for the welcome guys cant wait for january see you then.

USAFR
12-21-09, 16:25
As the Christmas nears I'd like to wish every one a Marry Christmas, and a safe holly daze.
I hope Santa, or the mail person ( my wife's a letter carrier)brings loads of all the things we here love so much, things that make banging sounds, and are black... both my AK & AR are black.

I have not heard back from English Pit, but I will put forth more effert to get a date set up. It looks like January has five Saterdays, hows the 23 or 30 looking so far??

Ya be safe out there.

RobL

tacticalmonkey
12-26-09, 15:32
Just wanted to introduce myself to you guys. My name is Scott Downing, all my friends call my Woody, I have been shooting since I was kid. Been trying to get into the Tactical realm for about 2 years. Hope I can meet up with some of you guys for a shoot.

odiesplace
12-26-09, 21:33
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I live a ways south of Portland. I am new to all this and would be willing to travel your way for a chance to learn and train.
Thanks

RyanB
12-27-09, 00:55
Ryan B, I don't use a gun for a living, Gunsite 223/556/250, Day 2 of LMS vehicle defense and some other classes. Primary interest is in learning to operate rifle and pistol defensively. I'm not new to this. I live in the South Sound area.

Would love to get out with some of you guys sometime. My schedule is actually fairly open this year.

bkb0000
12-27-09, 01:29
welcome, both of you. we'll have something going in the next 30 days.

USAFR
12-28-09, 09:38
:Good day Ryan, Mike & Woody, the more the marrier or so they say.

Yes I'm goiing to be setting up somthing in Vancouver USA, or if that doest work do somthing at Douglas Ridge again whicjh is south of Portland.
I'll shoot another e-mail to the PIT today now that Christmas is out of the way.

Hows everyone looking for the last three weekends of January or first couple in February? Meaning which works the best for the most, Saterdays work best for me, but if Sunday is better for the most so be it.

Have a great New Year, be safe, and looking forward to meeting the guys i have not.

engine296
12-28-09, 15:18
Good day all.

As I am new to this forum, and to your group please allow myself to introduce ... myself. My name is Will and I live way the up the Hwy2 coridor- about 40 miles east of Everett. I did 8 years in the Army, including a Tour of the late unplesentness. I am not rambo, however I have been on a two-way range once or twice. I like long walks on the beach, hottubbing, 10-15 year scotch- three fingers on the rocks, and prolonged vehicle extraction with injuries. I have been in Fire- EMS for about 4 years now and I also work in facilites managment. I own a couple boomsticks including a few of the evil black (or green) type. I am not an expert but I did build my own from a bunch of parts- including the full upper reciever. You gentleman (and ladies if I missed anyone) look like you are pretty good at what you do and you look like you have a blast doing it. Can I play?

GrumpyM4
12-29-09, 05:05
Good day all.

As I am new to this forum, and to your group please allow myself to introduce ... myself. My name is Will and I live way the up the Hwy2 coridor- about 40 miles east of Everett. I did 8 years in the Army, including a Tour of the late unplesentness. I am not rambo, however I have been on a two-way range once or twice. I like long walks on the beach, hottubbing, 10-15 year scotch- three fingers on the rocks, and prolonged vehicle extraction with injuries. I have been in Fire- EMS for about 4 years now and I also work in facilites managment. I own a couple boomsticks including a few of the evil black (or green) type. I am not an expert but I did build my own from a bunch of parts- including the full upper reciever. You gentleman (and ladies if I missed anyone) look like you are pretty good at what you do and you look like you have a blast doing it. Can I play?

Of course! Come on out and join the fun.

USAFR
12-29-09, 09:41
Once again welcome to all the new guys, and not so new guys.
It looks like we are getting a bunch of folks who want to train so as I have said lets pick a date thats going for most of us and set somthing up, it can be just pistol, I at leaast can always use more work on that or just rifle, again always can use that.
I all ready laid out some dates, what say ya all??

RobL

engine296
12-30-09, 15:11
Cool.

So is there any training that happens up this way? Portland is a long way from here. I know folks like their toys, but that's a like 4-5 hours from here.

readyme
12-30-09, 16:08
Cool.

So is there any training that happens up this way? Portland is a long way from here. I know folks like their toys, but that's a like 4-5 hours from here.

It does seem there are quite a few in the Portland area, but I agree it would be nice to put together something in the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area.

"cops carry fire extinguishers, firefighters should get pistols"

USAFR
12-30-09, 16:49
west, it would be a good reason for a road trip up north, I know there is a range that rents bays just south of Tacoma maybe someone up that way can set somthing up, Id be up for that.:p

bkb0000
12-30-09, 17:27
engine- feel free to take the lead on a winter seattle shoot. start a thread within the sub-forum called something like "interest in a seattle-area shoot?" and invite people to chime in on how interested they are- if enough people are interested and you have a venue, make it happen! and take and post pics when its done.

PM me if you need help. wichaka, our resident LEO trainer, lives in west-central southern WA- he might be interested in helping or even leading a WA shoot.

and since im posting, just a heads up- ill be posting a thread on a february CRPC shoot in the next few days. for those interested- think about things you might want to work on, and post em when the thread goes up.

ETA roster added to intro post. now there's no hiding... stay active!

bkb0000
12-31-09, 20:06
Reminder to check the sub-forum often - you are not automatically subscribed to new threads/announcements, so you'll need to check the sub-forum on your own or miss them.

Seattle-area shoot announcement posted
CRPC practical carbine/pistol shoot announcement posted

check 'em out!

USAFR - post a D.R. #2 shoot thread to get your shoot kicked off, if you're wanting to get that going for Jan.

Ideally, there will be something happening with PNW at least every month from here out.. even if in different AOs.

Go4broke
01-06-10, 18:34
Hi all,
My name is Mike...A civilian gun enthusiast and i live in Seattle.

I'm here like a sponge...to soak up as much knowledge as i can.

I was introduced to firearms/training in the mid 90's by a LEO buddy of mine who was the senior firearms instructor for his dept.
I've also trained with InSights Training Center, having completed most of their handgun and longgun courses.

Hope to meet and train with some of you folks in the near future.

Thanks,
Mike

bkb0000
01-06-10, 18:38
Welcome, mike

we've currently working on a Seattle area shoot as we speak, make sure to check in there, especially if you have input.. and we've got a shoot scheduled for Feb 7th in Clatskanie OR that's about 20ish minutes from Longview

252actual
01-31-10, 01:57
i guess i should have signed in here before posting in other parts of this forum.

howdy, my names Atom and i live in seattle.

im an artist/business owner here in seattle. ive been shooting ever since i could walk and bought my first AR on my 18th birthday for about $375 wow times have changed... my main hobby is building M4s and training as much as i can with them. im always ready to learn so getting together for regular shoots would be nice. my schedule is kind of wacky but i guess since i own the place i could just fire myself for a day go shooting then rehire myself the next day:D. anyway. nice to meet you guys.

troyn123
02-08-10, 14:50
Hi all, I'm pretty new to the forum, finally taking a minute to get over here. My name is Troy, I live a little west of Portland, OR. I'm just here to read, learn, waste time at work, and find opportunities to shoot and train! I don't have any professional background with firearms, but am always interested in learning to use mine better. Hope to see more of you in the near future!

bkb0000
02-11-10, 02:49
Welcome, both of you.

No sweat, 252- thanks for taking a moment to do so. what kind of art do you do?

Troy- pleasure meeting you on the range the other day. hope to see you at future events

----

Wanted to post a bump for everyone's CP-

CRPC No. 3 thread is up, with some tentative possibilities for dates

Douglas Ridge No. 2 thread is up, also with some tentative possibilities for dates

Seattle/Everett thread isn't getting any new activity- you damn washingtonian foreigners aren't giving up on me are you?? Jeff_M has a date up for a meet at a local range- if that works for everyone, chime in and state your intent. if not, chime in and complain. either way, get active! these events are for YOU, so YOU have a lot of collective say in when/where/how they happen.

As far as scheduling between CRPC and DR, think about your ammo/time/money budgets, and suggest date ranges that allow you to attend both events. get active in those threads!

train hard, stay safe.

GlockWRX
03-04-10, 21:42
Hello all!

My name is Jason and I live in the Everett area. I've been shooting since I was a kid and bought my first AR in the late 90's. I've had one (or more) ever since. For a while I helped run the rifle/pistol shoots at Wades, and also worked on the range and behind the retail counter, until family and career obligations made it too hard. I am trying to take my skills to the next level by signing up for the upcoming Magpul class in Bellingham, and focusing more on training than getting new toys.

I'm planning on being at the Seattle shoot on March 5th. I saw this thread just in time! See you guys there!

High Desert
03-04-10, 22:51
Gentlemen,

My name is Steve and I live in Central Oregon. I am a member of the COSSA range outside of Bend. I like everything from Flintlocks to AR's, so you can say I have the sickness!

My primary goal here is to make the transition from a hunter / shooting enthusiast to a trained individual that has a better chance of defending my family and myself.

I missed the sign up for the Magpul class that's coming up, but I did manage to get in on a vacancy at Thunder Ranch in Aug. Both my wife and I have the desire to learn and improve our skills.

bkb000, thanks for the invite.

Hope to meet some of you this spring /summer,
HD

GitmoSmoke
03-05-10, 07:53
Hi,
I am a new member and want to check in. I am not sure I am ready to join in with the training groups for much shooting yet, unless it is very basic. Just had my S&W MP-15 for about 3 months now. If there are any shoots scheduled for the basic carbine stuff I would be honored to attend. I live on Whidbey Island so it might be hard to get down to Oregon, but most stuff in WA would be fairly easy for me to get to. I have been shooting steel challenge pistol competitions but nothing but sighting in and plinking with the rifle so far. I do have access to my local range and could probably schedule a block of time if any one wants to come up to the island this year. Hope to see some of you this spring and summer.

USAFR
03-05-10, 09:50
It sounds like you guys up north are getting a good group together, make sure to take some pics for the March 5th shot.

We are still doing the 20th at Douglas Ridge.

Looking forward to getting out this spring, summer and doing some trainings.

Be safe.

bkb0000
03-05-10, 10:24
Hello all!

My name is Jason and I live in the Everett area.

Welcome!

Gentlemen,

My name is Steve and I live in Central Oregon.

Welcome!

Hi,
I am a new member and want to check in.

Welcome!

It sounds like you guys up north are getting a good group together, make sure to take some pics for the March 5th shot.

We are still doing the 20th at Douglas Ridge.

Looking forward to getting out this spring, summer and doing some trainings.

Be safe.

I'm even starting to think we need a separate sub-forum for northern WA.... theres a LOT of guys up there, and the long haul is just one added element to an "ordeal" for some guys, which is sort of prohibitive.

Anyone feel like starting up an entirely different group for Northern WA? We'll keep the Clark and Cowlitz guys, you can take everything to the north of that. ;)

GrumpyM4
03-06-10, 05:02
We've got a basic rifle/carbine day course on 20MAR10.

It'll be down near Elma in a gravel pit. Still a bit of a trip from Whidbey, but a hell of a lot closer then Oregon.

rogue
03-15-10, 22:13
Hey All -

Another Mike here, I live south of Portland in a little town called Hubbard. I've trolled the forum off and on over the last year. I read more than I get to do anything else but recreational shooting is a good escape from endless meetings at the office.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you this weekend.
-Mike

Titleist
03-15-10, 23:25
See ya soon, Rogue!

MookNW
03-17-10, 11:42
Hey yall. Pretty new to this site, but was told to check in here to get with some people in the PNW. Let's see... Civilian. No formal training aside from merit badges and mountain plinking. I'd like to get a little more shtf training, so if there are any shoots coming up, I'd be down to check it out. I live in Seattle so it's kind of a hoof to find a good place to shoot aside from the local ranges.-Ben

USAFR
03-17-10, 12:59
Hi Ben, ya just missed what I hear was a good meeting, Im sure more will follow, Welcome.

Be safe.

MookNW
03-17-10, 22:22
Yeah, heads up would be rad, thanks.

bkb0000
03-17-10, 23:23
Yeah, heads up would be rad, thanks.

announcements are posted in the subforum, and then linked here so anyone who's signed in here will get the notify.

wake.joe
03-18-10, 00:58
Hey hey, I'm here too!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb300/AdrianJoe/3-17-10/IMG_0959.jpg

USAFR
03-18-10, 12:25
Where was the photo taken if I may ask?

Be safe

wake.joe
03-18-10, 14:48
No idea.

We went on an adventure down some logging roads, and ended up at that spot. It's a dead-end campsite, that looks down into a valley with another huge hill on the other side. About 250 yards of no tree's (Clearcut), no trails, no road, into the side of a gigantic hill. Perfection!

USAFR
03-18-10, 15:59
I'd forget where it as well

wake.joe
03-18-10, 19:06
I could probably find it again. I don't have a GPS to mark it, though.

There were other casings and stuff laying around, so I don't think it's very private.

WesleyCE
03-24-10, 03:55
Hi all. My name is Wes and I have been a member of M4C since 2006. I really don't post all that often because there really is so much information here and usually if I have a question it has already been asked and answered many times over.

What I want to get out of this site and this group in particular is some social networking, information about training and tactics and some good hands on training. I am currently active duty Air Force (10 years) and have lived in Puyallup since 2005. The only formal training I have is through the Air Force and for those of you who know what that is like for a non combat related career field--you know it is severely lacking. Needless to say, I want better training. I’m also looking forward to participating in this forum and meeting some other local M4C members.

USAFR
03-24-10, 15:49
I know what you mean about the training folks get in the Air Force with weapons, I was one of the RED hats, but with a very usfull blue beret, it allowed us to be warm in the winter and coon in the summer, and chicks really dug us..:o
Welcome to the sight.

Thank you for your service to our country.

WesleyCE
03-25-10, 00:13
I know what you mean about the training folks get in the Air Force with weapons, I was one of the RED hats, but with a very usfull blue beret, it allowed us to be warm in the winter and coon in the summer, and chicks really dug us..:o
Welcome to the sight.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Yeah! Chicks dig everyone in a uniform, especially if you way you are a pilot, which I am not (Manpower Analyst and former 135 Crew Chief). Either way, that's neither here nor there, I am very happily married to a wonderfull woman so picking up the chicks isn’t some I need to worry about any more.

WesleyCE
03-25-10, 00:20
Oh, and thank you for the support. It always means a lot to me when people thank service members especially when they may not agree politically with whatever war we are fighting at the moment. Not saying you don't agree by any means, just Americans in general, especially when it comes to the Iraq war.

Also, does USAFR stand for US Air Force Reserves?

High Desert
03-25-10, 11:18
Yeah! Chicks dig everyone in a uniform, especially if you way you are a pilot, which I am not (Manpower Analyst and former 135 Crew Chief). Either way, that's neither here nor there, I am very happily married to a wonderfull woman so picking up the chicks isn’t some I need to worry about any more.

Yes, that one day of training with .22 rimfire M16's was not a real confidence booster was it? Where were you stationed when you were in SAC?

Me...
KI Sawyer - 84-85, Shop and flightline Avionics tech
Castle - 86-92, Flightline Avionics tech

HD

USAFR
03-25-10, 11:40
I was one of those, I never had to train with the .22 convert, I heard they were no joy. We did get a boad load of tracer to train with, only a few small fires were started, but a lot of our guns stoped working, the reserves only got the best.

Be safe out there.

WesleyCE
03-26-10, 00:16
Yes, that one day of training with .22 rimfire M16's was not a real confidence booster was it? Where were you stationed when you were in SAC?

Me...
KI Sawyer - 84-85, Shop and flightline Avionics tech
Castle - 86-92, Flightline Avionics tech

HD

Actually I was never in SAC. Before my time. I enlisted in 2000 and was stationed at McConnell from 2000-2005. When my reenlistment came up the Air Force decided they didn't need as many crew chiefs as they had. I basically got an ultimatum: retrain into another career field or get out. I decided to go into Manpower.:p

lfromsalem
04-12-10, 13:01
Alright, here goes.
My name is Ellis, and I live in Salem Oregon. I have been shooting for 20+years.
On my 3rd AR so I think it is time to look for some new skills. (20 years of paper and pop cans gets OLD:D) I am not a member of any clubs in my area so shooting
is a drive to the woods. It is quite a drive so I might as well look for a range.(better anyway) I think thats all.

bkb0000
04-12-10, 13:20
Welcome, WestleyCE and Ifromsalem.

Next group shoot is the 24th of this month at CRPC, if you guys want to join in.

I'm gonna go updated the announcement thread presently

bkb0000
04-12-10, 15:09
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=46949

CRPC Shoot No. 3 - there will be a $50 range fee at CRPC shoots from now on, until i can convince leadership that there shouldnt be. depending on how many people show, it'll come out to between $6-12 per person, per event.

Sign in, sign up

----

I'm also getting the new CRPC Practical Rifle match going in a very near future. My hope is to have our first official match in about 6 weeks. i'll post an announcement thread once there's more to announce. i'll be limited in what i'm allowed to do, due to range rules for sanctioned events, but i still intend to run a very dynamic and a REALISTIC event designed to increase gunfighting ability, not gaming ability.

so be on the lookout for that in the next few weeks.

----

PNW (Pacific Northwest Training and Networking, the group you're a member of) is a very open organization with members from all across the Pacific Northwest. A couplefew of us take the lead on organizing events, but ANYONE can organize an event. if you have a range that's friendly to this sort of thing, feel free to set it up, post an announcement thread, and invite members to come blast. feel free to PM me for assistance.

bkb0000
04-16-10, 00:52
if i miss somebody, give me a friendly poke- Mook, i somehow missed your post, but you're now added to the roster. Joe, your "intro" was hella weak, but you're added too.

Nailz
04-21-10, 16:05
Hi there, just wanted to say hi, I've lurked for awhile and thought I would finally join up.

I live southeast of Seattle in the Maple Valley area, I am also a member of CRPC, but it's not the same one as you Oregon folks. :)

http://www.cascaderifleandpistol.org/

I spent time in the Army in the late 80's/early 90's but didn't have the kind of job which required me to carry a rifle, supported lots of units that did though.

Presently, I have picked up a Larue 18" Stealth upper and got a LMT lower and have gotten back into shooting at the above mentioned range.

I look forward to talking with you folks and maybe even meeting at some point!

Take care,

Marty

MookNW
04-21-10, 19:21
Hey Nailz, welcome.

bkb0000
04-21-10, 21:49
I look forward to talking with you folks and maybe even meeting at some point!

Take care,

Marty

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=46949 don't look forward, look forthwith!

Nailz
04-22-10, 12:50
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=46949 don't look forward, look forthwith!

Yeah, I saw, thanks. Unfortunately this weekend isn't nearly enough time for me to appeal to the household domestic goddess.

She's really good about that stuff if we didn't already have plans. Hopefully the next one, thanks!

Warg
04-26-10, 16:50
Hi all. My name is Gene and I'm a civilian living in Seattle proper with my spouse and two dogs. I've been a long time lurker and occasional poster on M4C, but am a relative novice when it comes to firearms and would really like to learn as much as possible. I've a few ARs, a Glock 17 and primarily spend time at the Kenmore range trying to find the targets. I would like to attend as many classes as my schedule permits and I'd be willing to assist with grunt work (e.g., helping setting up, cleaning up, etc.) if necessary :)

I travel quite a bit for a living, so I'm pretty open to events throughout the Northwest region.

knuckles356
05-01-10, 10:07
hey, my name is Ed and i am from salem, OR. i have been shooting since i was knee high with my father. i got bored of shooting beer cans and we just started to run our own drills. Me and my buddy have been shooting together for years and are quite comfortable with each other, but have been talking about joining some people who know more than we do to improve our skills.

bkb0000
05-01-10, 10:44
welcome, gentlemen. you're both added.

bkb0000
05-01-10, 11:47
since everybody should be signing in here at the beginning of their PNW membership, thereby subscribing to the thread, i suggest anyone posting a new thread within the sub-forum paste a copy of the link here in this thread (like i do).

That way everybody is more likely to see it. i dunno about you guys, but i dont often check the sub-forum, unless i see a link or happen to wonder if anybody has posted something.

just an FYI and FTHY

VonMockenheimer
05-02-10, 21:25
Hi guys and gals,

I'm Justin and im from eugene, or. I'm a firefighter and have been shooting for about 10 years now. My main focus is to become more skilled with my carbine and shotgun. I unfortunately haven't been able to attend a formal class but work by myself and with the police dept. that i work closely with.

bkb0000
05-24-10, 21:26
Hi guys and gals,

I'm Justin and im from eugene, or. I'm a firefighter and have been shooting for about 10 years now. My main focus is to become more skilled with my carbine and shotgun. I unfortunately haven't been able to attend a formal class but work by myself and with the police dept. that i work closely with.

welcome!

t-bone187
06-01-10, 20:47
Hey all,
My name is Bobby. I'm fairly new to the m4/AR world. I've been to one of the shoots in Claskanie and am excited to attend more. I'm happy to see alot of members who have way more experience than me as my goal in joining this group and this forum is to expand my knowledge and skill concerning the platform and tactics. I completed my first build earlier this year and have another lower waiting on $. While I'm no expert at tactics and shooting I do have a wealth of hand to hand knowledge and skill if that fits in anywhere.

bkb0000
06-01-10, 21:15
Hey all,
My name is Bobby. I'm fairly new to the m4/AR world. I've been to one of the shoots in Claskanie and am excited to attend more. I'm happy to see alot of members who have way more experience than me as my goal in joining this group and this forum is to expand my knowledge and skill concerning the platform and tactics. I completed my first build earlier this year and have another lower waiting on $. While I'm no expert at tactics and shooting I do have a wealth of hand to hand knowledge and skill if that fits in anywhere.

welcome, bobbobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobob-obobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobob-obobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobob-obobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobob-obobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobob-obobobobobobobobery.

jklaughrey
06-02-10, 04:59
Hi all I am John, married with 3 children. Former 8404 grunt doc, ex ID LEO, reserve WA LEO. Currently work as an analyst for munitions corporation. Live in SE WA state. Moved here from L.A. about 15 years ago. Primary training is CQB pistol, shotgun, rifle/carbine. Do some LR as well. Also breaching specialist(yeah I could swing a door hammer good). Anyways cheers, don't do as much training as I want, have 2 daughters under 2 yrs old so wife has me short leashed.

Glad to be here!

motoservdog
06-08-10, 01:11
Everett WA resident here. Name is Fernan, new to AR's, just got mine about 3 months ago and probably have about 1000 rounds thru her. Been shooting on and off for about 15 years, primarily pistols. Active duty Navy for 20 years now. Only formal training I've had is with the military back in 1995 when I was in Pearl Harbor as a member of the Base Security Force. I shoot at Sam's. Looking forward to participating on future training and drills with both AR's and pistols. Good to be here!
MotoServDog

RBarker
06-12-10, 23:59
My name is Ryan and I am from the Puyallup/South Hill area.
Ex 19kilo back in 1998 and have been working in the "industry" since 1999 as part of a sewn nylon manufacturing company.
Just purchased my own Carbine back in January, but since my training ended back over a decade ago my skill are a bit outdated :(

seanb
06-14-10, 18:26
Hi, my name is sean, I live up in the Bothell/ mill creek area about 20 minutes north of seattle. I'm new to tactical shooting but i have 2 rifles (AR and a VZ.58) a shotgun and several handguns. I am very interested in getting into some competitive shooting for fun now that I have the fundamentals of shooting down.

bkb0000
06-15-10, 00:06
Hi all I am John, married with 3 children. Former 8404 grunt doc, ex ID LEO, reserve WA LEO. Currently work as an analyst for munitions corporation. Live in SE WA state. Moved here from L.A. about 15 years ago. Primary training is CQB pistol, shotgun, rifle/carbine. Do some LR as well. Also breaching specialist(yeah I could swing a door hammer good). Anyways cheers, don't do as much training as I want, have 2 daughters under 2 yrs old so wife has me short leashed.

Glad to be here!

welcome

Everett WA resident here. Name is Fernan, new to AR's, just got mine about 3 months ago and probably have about 1000 rounds thru her. Been shooting on and off for about 15 years, primarily pistols. Active duty Navy for 20 years now. Only formal training I've had is with the military back in 1995 when I was in Pearl Harbor as a member of the Base Security Force. I shoot at Sam's. Looking forward to participating on future training and drills with both AR's and pistols. Good to be here!
MotoServDog

glad to have you

My name is Ryan and I am from the Puyallup/South Hill area.
Ex 19kilo back in 1998 and have been working in the "industry" since 1999 as part of a sewn nylon manufacturing company.
Just purchased my own Carbine back in January, but since my training ended back over a decade ago my skill are a bit outdated :(

bienvenida

Hi, my name is sean, I live up in the Bothell/ mill creek area about 20 minutes north of seattle. I'm new to tactical shooting but i have 2 rifles (AR and a VZ.58) a shotgun and several handguns. I am very interested in getting into some competitive shooting for fun now that I have the fundamentals of shooting down.

good to meet you

---

you're all from WA... i don't have anything against you guys, but i think it's probably seriously time for a WA sub-forum. you vashintonyans outnumber us oreganoians.

jklaughrey
06-15-10, 00:17
BKB come on now sir we won't hold your "back asswards" state government against you, as long as you don't hold our left wing pacifist governor against us. You can always move up here with us, of course you will have to keep your Oregon home for your Reg. SBR's, mine are in Idaho hehe.

wichaka
06-15-10, 01:12
I'm in Washington as well, but am closer to most of the Oregon folks, distance wise.

Me thinks most of the WA. people are up in the Puget Sound area?

bkb0000
06-23-10, 18:32
PNW Calendar of events thread up- please post local, regular events which you have information about:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=690462#post690462

oltmann
06-30-10, 15:28
Howdy all. I'm Kevin Oltmann from Vancouver.

Haven't done a lot of moving and shooting, just Practical Rifle at the Tri County Gun Club. I normally focus most of my energy on long range shooting. Always looking for a chance to learn new skills and shoot.

Hope to join up with the PNW group at a shoot this summer.

bkb0000
06-30-10, 15:53
Howdy all. I'm Kevin Oltmann from Vancouver.

Haven't done a lot of moving and shooting, just Practical Rifle at the Tri County Gun Club. I normally focus most of my energy on long range shooting. Always looking for a chance to learn new skills and shoot.

Hope to join up with the PNW group at a shoot this summer.

welcome, Kevin. we're still trying to get a date nailed down, but one will be happening soon.

ETA- and we're definitely the place to get some CQB/move-n-shoot practice in... that's pretty much all we do. we also shoot quite a bit of pistol, and i've started incorporating CCW drills into the events.

SCTSQRL
07-09-10, 05:39
Chad here. I'm also over at the NWFA regional board. I'm down in Eugene, and bounce around the valley alot - at least along the corridor. I shoot practical handgun down here with EPS, but haven't done much group carbine training - would like to change that. Great to see that the NW contingent is so healthy here - kicking myself for not getting to the Magpul stuff that you guys have pulled together.

kaltesherz
07-09-10, 15:13
I'm Alex, just moved to Seattle from Ft Campbell, KY. Before I joined the Army I grew up and spent most of my adult life in San Diego, so I lived a sorry existence as a California gun nut. Spent 3 years in the Infantry and was lucky enough to be in a heavy weapons company. While I've qualified or carried in combat pretty much every weapons system in the U.S. Army (M4/M203/M249/M240B/M9/M14/M2/MK19/M500/AT4) we got very little practical training that wasn't on a restrictive range (and no, the two-way ranges didn't make up for that either). When we got back from Afghanistan we got a new battalion commander when was a big competition nut and introduced some new "running and gunning"training that was semi-useful, but it was still big army aka dumbed down, ridiculous, and no fun. I think the closest thing I ever did to fun training was Squad Designated Marksman school which was 3 weeks of shooting the living shit out of my M14 for 3 weeks on KD and UD ranges. Sounds like alotta fun till you throw in I did this in Jan/Feb at Campbell and frozen ground seems a little colder when you're lying prone on it for 9 hours a day.

I've always wanted to take a Magpul or Vickers class but couldn't afford it then, def can't afford it now that I just ETS'd, but would like to get together and do some carbine and pistol training. I've only been to one range up here so far, the Bellevue Gun Club, which is by far the nicest and most high-speed in-door range I've ever been to. Only problem is they require a $275 yearly membership to shoot rifles and right now considering both myself and the wife are unemployed it's not going to swing. So it looks like the only training I'll be getting now is getting my ass-kicked on Call Of Duty by some 12 year-old.
FML.

Hopefully I'll find a part-time job soon (start school in Sept) and can meet up with you guys so we can talk shop and put some lead downrange.

bkb0000
07-09-10, 16:11
welcome alex. thanks for your service, glad you made it back. i'm a retired 11b myself, and can relate with your military training frustrations. i was MEB'd out early in my career, and i suspect it got at least a little better after i left, but i can remember waiting and waiting for "real" stand-up fight training, and it never coming. at the same time, i was young, green, and ignorant, and didn't even know what i didn't know.

we're currently scheduling for a July (maybe August, now) shoot. i may have already linked you the thread in another thread, but here it is again.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=702407#post702407

kaltesherz
07-09-10, 17:22
Thanks, I look forward to meeting up with you guys in the not-too-distant future and having at least one other 11B to BS with.

bjw182005
07-11-10, 14:36
Hey all, Im Robert. Been here a good while, but never thought to post the intro thread. Im an active duty Military Working Dog handler stationed at Mountain Home AFB, ID. Ive been shooting for some time and look forward to the opportunity to get together and share some good training time.

bkb0000
07-11-10, 15:56
Chad here. I'm also over at the NWFA regional board. I'm down in Eugene, and bounce around the valley alot - at least along the corridor. I shoot practical handgun down here with EPS, but haven't done much group carbine training - would like to change that. Great to see that the NW contingent is so healthy here - kicking myself for not getting to the Magpul stuff that you guys have pulled together.

missed you- howdy, chad. this is a good place. i suggest NWFA for casual debate/getting frustrated with leftist mindsets, and m4carbine.net for real, technical, vetted information. there's some pretty hokey stuff getting passed around over there.

Hey all, Im Robert. Been here a good while, but never thought to post the intro thread. Im an active duty Military Working Dog handler stationed at Mountain Home AFB, ID. Ive been shooting for some time and look forward to the opportunity to get together and share some good training time.

hola, roberto. you're far away. if you look around, you'll see we do have a couplefew other guys from your AO- i can't, off the top of my head, remember who, but they're here. you might consider posting in the Matchmaker thread to scare up some local training.

you're also more than welcome to make the trek over here for events.

bkb0000
07-11-10, 16:06
PNW's July CRPC shoot is now firm scheduled for August 1st. :p Everyone is welcome to attend- please check in.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55637

Please note there will be a small usage fee for the range. the fee per person is proportionally dependent on how many come, so i need a head count.

mbacelonia
07-13-10, 14:32
Hi everyone. Marneil from West Seattle chiming in here. I've only been shooting for a few years now. Really got interested during college and I've been working on getting better since. Any chance to meet up with like-minded individuals in the area would be great.

SCTSQRL
07-13-10, 19:13

Welcome Robert - excellent job in a beautiful part of the country. I'm always jealous of those who get paid to work with shepherds - they make the best colleagues in the world.

missed you- howdy, chad. this is a good place. i suggest NWFA for casual debate/getting frustrated with leftist mindsets, and m4carbine.net for real, technical, vetted information. there's some pretty hokey stuff getting passed around over there.

Thanks, BKB - there is certaintly an air of disorganization over there sometimes, in the political discussion threads especially, but the tone is more civil than some places and it's nice to have some local love - there are definitely some great folk over there as well. Still, good to be here at a place where, even if someone happens to be a proud Bushmaster owner, they won't make the claim it's the best thing since sliced bread or try to sell it for a thousand bucks.

titsonritz
07-19-10, 23:34
Hello, my name is John and I’m a gun-aholic. I live in Keizer, OR. I have recently turned to the Darkside (AK & Glock, well AK really been into Glocks forever) and I am seeking like minded folks in my general AO interested in throwing high volumes of lead. I am a civilian enthusiast into carbine and pistol training, up until now I have primarily been doing so out in the woods or on private property. I have the proper mindset & gear and would like to continue to expand on my tactics and skill.

This:

Range rules are what we call "Big Boy Rules." We follow the 4 RULES OF FIREARMS SAFETY, and nobody gets shot. We operate a "hot" range: weapons condition 1 and muzzles down when not on-target. We have/will utilize 180+ degrees of fire with 360 degrees of movement. If this bothers you, don't participate- it's not changing. We're training for real-life, and you don't clear and confirm and hang condition 4 after a firefight.

bkb0000
07-26-10, 12:12
Practical Rifle is currently being scheduled for August at CRPC. Help is needed to get things rolling.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=716700#post716700

pistolcouture
07-30-10, 22:03
My name is Gracie. I'm 22. I'm an NRA certified RSO and instructor of Basic Pistol, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Home Firearm Safety. I also teach Oregon CHL classes and assist Gregg Smith with his Defensive Pistol classes. I am currently an e-board member at Clatskanie Rifle and Pistol Range.

I live in WA with my fiance, three dogs and two cats. My hobbies generally include shooting (obviously), quilting, quading, jet skiing, shopping, collecting tea sets, collecting shoes, flying (what little I've done) and horseback riding.

I also love long walks on the beach at night, cuddeling by a fireplace...oh wait. Wrong thread. Lol.

bkb0000
07-30-10, 22:21
Hello, my name is John and I’m a gun-aholic. I live in Keizer, OR. I have recently turned to the Darkside (AK & Glock, well AK really been into Glocks forever) and I am seeking like minded folks in my general AO interested in throwing high volumes of lead. I am a civilian enthusiast into carbine and pistol training, up until now I have primarily been doing so out in the woods or on private property. I have the proper mindset & gear and would like to continue to expand on my tactics and skill.

This:

welcome John

it'd be cool to see some AK action at our shoots

My name is Gracie. I'm 22. I'm an NRA certified RSO and instructor of Basic Pistol, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Home Firearm Safety. I also teach Oregon CHL classes and assist Gregg Smith with his Defensive Pistol classes. I am currently an e-board member at Clatskanie Rifle and Pistol Range.

I live in WA with my fiance, three dogs and two cats. My hobbies generally include shooting (obviously), quilting, quading, jet skiing, shopping, collecting tea sets, collecting shoes, flying (what little I've done) and horseback riding.

I also love long walks on the beach at night, cuddeling by a fireplace...oh wait. Wrong thread. Lol.

that's gangsta.

GitmoSmoke
09-24-10, 19:18
All,
MookNW and I are trying to get a shoot together at Central Whidbey Sportsmans club on the 23rd or 24th of October. Let us know what would work for you and I hope we can get a few of us together this fall.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=62790

O'doyle
09-27-10, 00:04
My name is Mike I live the Tacoma area and Im in the Washington National Guard. Ive taken Magpul Dynamic's Pistol 1 and will be taking Dynamic Carbine 2 in two weeks. Im always looking to improve my shooting skills.

bkb0000
09-27-10, 01:20
My name is Mike I live the Tacoma area and Im in the Washington National Guard. Ive taken Magpul Dynamic's Pistol 1 and will be taking Dynamic Carbine 2 in two weeks. Im always looking to improve my shooting skills.

welcome, mike

vader
09-30-10, 22:07
salutations. my name is mitch, I'm an average Joe shooter who is always looking to progress in the art of shooting. I live in Seattle, but might be relocating to Portland in the next 6 months depending on work.

Scimitar2
10-01-10, 19:20
I am out in the sticks of Okanogan Co (North Centeral WA). I have a few Army 11B type deployments behind me and currently work in the LE Field. I have access to a pretty slick range that can be used if anyone up here wants to start training.

I am also busting my hump to get some high quality training brought out here. I hosted a couple of classes this past year and am bringing in more/bigger/long ones for 2011.

I look forward to meeting/shooting with you guys at some point.

Unfortunatly, it is just too long of a drive to get me over the pass for a couple of hours with a training group.

Maybe an Eastern WA get together is in order?

MookNW
10-02-10, 00:13
Road trip.

jklaughrey
10-02-10, 00:32
I am in East WA and would love to see you guys on the west, but btw 2 jobs and 2 lil girls under 2 road trips are next to impossible. Besides I need some time with like minded ppl, some of the Fudds from Idaho are really making me cranky.

bkb0000
10-02-10, 01:33
salutations. my name is mitch, I'm an average Joe shooter who is always looking to progress in the art of shooting. I live in Seattle, but might be relocating to Portland in the next 6 months depending on work.

sup g

I am out in the sticks of Okanogan Co (North Centeral WA). I have a few Army 11B type deployments behind me and currently work in the LE Field. I have access to a pretty slick range that can be used if anyone up here wants to start training.

I am also busting my hump to get some high quality training brought out here. I hosted a couple of classes this past year and am bringing in more/bigger/long ones for 2011.

I look forward to meeting/shooting with you guys at some point.

Unfortunatly, it is just too long of a drive to get me over the pass for a couple of hours with a training group.

sup dawg.

put one together- i know for a fact we've got some guys in easter WA, and some boys from idaho might wander over. wichaka is an LEO instructor, he lives in central WA.

hid237
10-14-10, 22:36
My name is Anthony, I live in Seattle. My good friend Ben AKA MookNW turned me on to this forum. Everyone seems to be very well informed and interested in sharing tactical shooting and training information. I personally am a novice, I hope to learn from and with you guys. Right now I don't have an AR I do have my eyes on a BCM lower and with some help from friends I hope to be up and running before long. I also hope to make the shoot in a couple of weeks. I don't think I'll have my build complete by then but am looking forward to bringing my sidearm and am more than willing to run camera if anybody wants. Thanks alot.

GitmoSmoke
10-15-10, 07:52
Anthony,
Welcome to the forum
The October shoot will be an excellent time for you to check out several peoples set ups and see what will work better for you. That alone could save some serious money. Read the reccomendations for quality companies and try out as many different rifles as possible.

DHart
10-17-10, 19:23
Hey Everyone.... my name is Don, I'm a photographer by profession and a long time firearms enthusiast. I live in Vancouver, WA. I've participated on firearms forums for many years, but just recently became aware of this wonderful forum! Friends at the shotgunworld forum referred me here.

It's taken me quite a while to become even mildly interested in "things-Black-rifle"... I guess my activities with 1911s, Glocks, and a wide array of other pistols, revolvers, lever rifles, and pump shotguns just consumed all my firearms interest and I wasn't drawn to the AR.

Over the last few years, however, my awareness of the merits of the AR platform has become increasingly strong and just recently, somehow, my AR "light" finally switched on and I'm really intrigued with the platform. I've been devoting a lot of time to studying and reading all I can about it.

Last week I ordered my first AR, a BCM 16" LW middy with VTAC handguard and Troy BUIS. And I picked up a BattleComp 1.0 as well. I'm looking forward to receiving the BCM AR next week. This weekend at the Portland gun show (good timing on that for me!) I stocked up on related items and plenty of practice/training ammo. So I'm poised and ready to really explore shooting the AR.

I just discovered this group today and I'm happy to have done so... I look forward to getting to know you all better.

bkb0000
10-17-10, 20:27
This weekend at the Portland gun show (good timing on that for me!)

yea, sure as shit WAS good timing- 'cept i completely forgot to go get ammo. SONUVABITCH.

welcome, don. m4c is the place to be... learn what goes into a good fightin gun, then join us on the range and learn how to fight with it.

DHart
10-17-10, 20:45
yea, sure as shit WAS good timing- 'cept i completely forgot to go get ammo. SONUVABITCH.

welcome, don. m4c is the place to be... learn what goes into a good fightin gun, then join us on the range and learn how to fight with it.

Hi Ben.... thanks for the welcome!

Yeah... Federal XM193 was $279/1000 at each of the two large ammo tables... nice! I don't want to rub it in though... and remember, we've got another show coming next month! (Do you want a reminder??? ;) )

Where are you shooting? Is there a group shoot on the calendar?

bkb0000
10-17-10, 20:58
Hi Ben.... thanks for the welcome!

Yeah... Federal XM193 was $279/1000 at each of the two large ammo tables... nice! I don't want to rub it in though... and remember, we've got another show coming next month! (Do you want a reminder??? ;) )

Where are you shooting? Is there a group shoot on the calendar?

yea.. http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=62790 week from today, in fact. and it's what i needed the ammo for... i completely blew off the last of my training ammo on a new upper a few days ago. guess it'll be walmart crap 50gr HP for me.. :bad:

spamsammich
10-18-10, 09:52
I'm Mark in Edmonds. I've taken NRA basic handgun in the past and most recently GDH at Insights. I spend most of my range time at WCA lately and I'm looking forward to doing more formal/informal training with handguns and carbines as time and money allows.

mkmckinley
10-25-10, 13:38
Hi there, my name's Mark. I live in Seattle and work on Ft Lewis. I normally shoot at Ft Lewis ranges but I've just discovered WCA's range and I like shoot there in my off time. I highly recommend their range if you haven't seen it. I'm looking forward to checking out Insight's classes when I get some time to myself. Looks like I just missed the Western WA shoot but maybe I can catch the next one. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon.

Tom Swift
11-11-10, 17:12
Hey, I'm Michael I'm Canadian. Currently a University student up here in Vancouver at the University of British Columbia in first year Arts with a declared major in Political Science. Most of my gun stuff has been left home in Toronto as I am currently living in residence hopefully next year I'll get the chance to hop over the border and join in on some training sessions. I'm here to network and hopefully gain skills and improve old ones. Hopefully pursuing a career in the Armed Forces/Law Enforcement/Security Industry. Other things I'm into include; hiking, snowboarding, skiing, photography, crossfit/physical fitness.

Back home I have a LMT 10.5" Upper I'll have to get a 16" so I can conform to ATF 6NIA for temporary imports. Also have a Remington 870. I'm also a gear whore and always acquiring and ordering new stuff.

Rayd8
12-05-10, 10:41
So I've been lurking/studying the forums as I try to get my Form 4 and 10.5" finished up, figured I should post up.

I've taken OFA Carbine 1 (Dutchy556 was one of my instructors) and Carbine 2. I was fortunate enough to secure a spot in Magpuls upcoming Dynamic Carbine 1 at DRRC. Occasionally, I shoot practical rifle at TCGC.

Currently, I've been using an M1A on an EBR stock.....very heavy and challenging. Plan on transitioning to the SBR once the stamp comes in.

I'd like to get in on a future shoot if you guys have room.

-Mike

tradja
12-07-10, 14:41
I'm John in Central Oregon. So far, I've taken a 4-day pistol class at FrontSight and a 2-day carbine class at Insights up in Issaquah, aside from classroom-only OR and UT CCW classes. I reload most of my ammo. Recently, I've started shooting matches with my local club, COSSA.

eBay has been good to my training budget lately. I am looking for classes this winter and spring located in the PNW, so that do not eat up my training budget with airfare. I am also trying to get registered for the Glock Armorer's Class in Baker City on Jan 6, 2011.

I'm here to network with other Oregon and WA shooters with similar, other-than-Central-Oregon-bubba interests for shoots, class carpooling, range time, PT (nothing motivates bad weather running like a partner), and informal training.

PieceKeeper
12-19-10, 22:47
Hello everyone!

My name is Mike (yes, another one). I live in Kirkland and am a WA state lifer. I'm a civi and've been shooting a little over a year now. Mostly pistol cuz it's been cheap and easy...until recently. I got bit by the 1911 bug about 5 mos. ago (2 springer operators and a colt and had a Kimber) and now the AR bug (two Daniel Defense middys, first to arrive tomorrow). I'll be attending my first carbine class via LMS Defense in mid-late February.YAY.burrrrr! :D

My home range is WCA but sometimes when times short or it's a late shoot I hit up Wades cuz it's closer and open later. Work and family are pretty demanding on my time but my wife is pretty good about this "hobby" so I'm looking forward to contributing, making some new like-minded friends and learning/practicing along the way.

BTW Ben, thanks for setting this up.

bkb0000
12-19-10, 23:06
I'm Mark in Edmonds. I've taken NRA basic handgun in the past and most recently GDH at Insights. I spend most of my range time at WCA lately and I'm looking forward to doing more formal/informal training with handguns and carbines as time and money allows.

welcome!

Hi there, my name's Mark. I live in Seattle and work on Ft Lewis. I normally shoot at Ft Lewis ranges but I've just discovered WCA's range and I like shoot there in my off time. I highly recommend their range if you haven't seen it. I'm looking forward to checking out Insight's classes when I get some time to myself. Looks like I just missed the Western WA shoot but maybe I can catch the next one. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon.

welcome!

Hey, I'm Michael I'm Canadian. Currently a University student up here in Vancouver at the University of British Columbia in first year Arts with a declared major in Political Science. Most of my gun stuff has been left home in Toronto as I am currently living in residence hopefully next year I'll get the chance to hop over the border and join in on some training sessions. I'm here to network and hopefully gain skills and improve old ones. Hopefully pursuing a career in the Armed Forces/Law Enforcement/Security Industry. Other things I'm into include; hiking, snowboarding, skiing, photography, crossfit/physical fitness.

Back home I have a LMT 10.5" Upper I'll have to get a 16" so I can conform to ATF 6NIA for temporary imports. Also have a Remington 870. I'm also a gear whore and always acquiring and ordering new stuff.

welcome, ya canuck!

So I've been lurking/studying the forums as I try to get my Form 4 and 10.5" finished up, figured I should post up.

I've taken OFA Carbine 1 (Dutchy556 was one of my instructors) and Carbine 2. I was fortunate enough to secure a spot in Magpuls upcoming Dynamic Carbine 1 at DRRC. Occasionally, I shoot practical rifle at TCGC.

Currently, I've been using an M1A on an EBR stock.....very heavy and challenging. Plan on transitioning to the SBR once the stamp comes in.

I'd like to get in on a future shoot if you guys have room.

-Mike

welcome!

I'm John in Central Oregon. So far, I've taken a 4-day pistol class at FrontSight and a 2-day carbine class at Insights up in Issaquah, aside from classroom-only OR and UT CCW classes. I reload most of my ammo. Recently, I've started shooting matches with my local club, COSSA.

eBay has been good to my training budget lately. I am looking for classes this winter and spring located in the PNW, so that do not eat up my training budget with airfare. I am also trying to get registered for the Glock Armorer's Class in Baker City on Jan 6, 2011.

I'm here to network with other Oregon and WA shooters with similar, other-than-Central-Oregon-bubba interests for shoots, class carpooling, range time, PT (nothing motivates bad weather running like a partner), and informal training.

welcome! our shoots aren't exactly "classes," but guys generally learn a thing or two

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike (yes, another one). I live in Kirkland and am a WA state lifer. I'm a civi and've been shooting a little over a year now. Mostly pistol cuz it's been cheap and easy...until recently. I got bit by the 1911 bug about 5 mos. ago (2 springer operators and a colt and had a Kimber) and now the AR bug (two Daniel Defense middys, first to arrive tomorrow). I'll be attending my first carbine class via LMS Defense in mid-late February.YAY.burrrrr! :D

My home range is WCA but sometimes when times short or it's a late shoot I hit up Wades cuz it's closer and open later. Work and family are pretty demanding on my time but my wife is pretty good about this "hobby" so I'm looking forward to contributing, making some new like-minded friends and learning/practicing along the way.

BTW Ben, thanks for setting this up.

welcome! and you're welcome

tradja
12-20-10, 13:08
welcome! our shoots aren't exactly "classes," but guys generally learn a thing or two Thanks! I should have made that clearer, that I am looking to attend both PNW shoots and paid classes, perhaps even carpooling to classes with a forum member or knowing someone when I get there.

I seem to occasionally hear about classes in OR/WA after they occur, so I'm hoping to pick up on chatter here so I don't miss out.

J8127
12-20-10, 21:20
I live in Lakewood (but I'm well armed) right outside JBLM, I work on Ft. Lewis main. Been through two Trigger-Time courses with Tom Bullins and shoot out in Capitol Forrest or Bullseye Indoor Range as often as my budget allows. I have a GLOCK G21 and a Daniel Defense M4v2 sponsored by my Magpul fanboyism.

randyha
01-06-11, 10:19
My name is Randy. I live on Whidbey Island, within 10 miles of the Central Whidbey Sportsman Range. I've been lurking on the forum for a while and have been meaning to join the Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association, but although I live in in the Coupeville area, and my main office is in Seattle, I fly to my other office on the east coast nearly every Monday morning. I haven't been in town on the second Monday of any month last year(where one is required to attend there meeting in order to join).

I'm a civilian/hobby shooter. I haven't shot much lately so I signed up for some instruction to force myself to get organized and out on a range and put some bullets through my Colt 6920 that looks real nice and rested in the safe. I will be taking the Vickers Basic Carbine and Basic Handgun classes in early March (way over on the east coast however), and the Vickers Carbine 1 in Okanogan later this year. I want to take some Magpul and other classes also sometime, but too much of a good thing in one year would take more than all my vacation time this year, (not to speak of $).

I need to get out and zero my carbine at 100 yards in prep for the Vickers class so I'll be tracking down a range somewhere. I'll also now be forced to stop reading about Eotech vs. Aimpoint in every forum online and vote with my $, and gather all the rest of the gear necessary for these courses.

kaltesherz
01-06-11, 16:40
Welcome Randy, and Aimpoint FTW!
(sorry, couldn't resist)

bkb0000
01-06-11, 17:49
Welcome Randy, and Aimpoint FTW!
(sorry, couldn't resist)

welcome FNGs... and definitely AIMPOINT.

ex-facto
01-18-11, 00:45
Greetings,

My name is Rob and recently moved to the region from CO. I've owned an AR for over 10 years done alot of plinking but last spring I bit the bullet and paid for a private one on one AR class by a recently retired SWAT officer I knew from one of the major departments in the metro Denver area. Now I've really got the bug -to build a AR skill set.

I'd enjoy the opportunity to get out shoot and network with folks who like to do the same thing. Ultimately, I'd like to get my skills up enough to enter into three gun shooting.

I'll make the 2/26 WA shoot if you take me!

BooneGA
01-30-11, 04:51
Howdy guys. Im Rick and I live in Olympia. Just got back from Afghanistan late last year. Im an A/D EOD tech.

I have trained under Bill Jeans, Tactical Response, Threat Management Group and others that I cant think of right now.

I do most of my shooting in the Capitol Forrest but Im looking to get more training in and starting shooting competitively which I have never done before.

Hope to make the 2/26 get together.

Rick

bkb0000
01-30-11, 11:58
welcome both of you

i'll be posting for the long, long, long awaited CCW pistol shoot at CRPC this week, as well as starting planning for spring carbine.

we DO still have some Oregon members, right?

tradja
01-30-11, 17:50
i'll be posting for the long, long, long awaited CCW pistol shoot at CRPC this week, as well as starting planning for spring carbine.

we DO still have some Oregon members, right?

Indeed we do. This is the first I've heard about the CCW shoot. When?

bkb0000
01-30-11, 18:23
Indeed we do. This is the first I've heard about the CCW shoot. When?

soon. :laugh:

bkb0000
02-05-11, 16:06
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=900700#post900700

ever wanted to learn to rappel?

crusader4x
02-16-11, 17:24
Hello PNW members. My name is Jonathan and I live in Shoreline, WA. I have very little tactical training but have been around guns for a long time. For all intents and purposes, I'm a newbie but have been itching to become more proficient with my firearms.

I currently own a midlength BCM M4, S&W M&P9, Walther P99, and a Ruger 10/22.

I'm currently signed up for the shoot on Feb 26 and am looking forward to knowing and meeting as many of you as possible.

alvincullumyork
02-24-11, 23:17
Hi all

I am an engineering student here in Corvallis. When I have time and money, that rarely happens now especially after getting married, I like to get out and shoot my pistol. I have been around firearms as long as I can remember but most of that was dirt shooting or bird hunting, now I would like to become more profecient with my pistol and am trying to get a hold of a ak74 so I can afford to feed a rifle habit as well, God, wife and school loans willing. I am here to learn and maybe make a couple of friends.

Lee

bkb0000
02-24-11, 23:24
Hi all

I am an engineering student here in Corvallis. When I have time and money, that rarely happens now especially after getting married, I like to get out and shoot my pistol. I have been around firearms as long as I can remember but most of that was dirt shooting or bird hunting, now I would like to become more profecient with my pistol and am trying to get a hold of a ak74 so I can afford to feed a rifle habit as well, God, wife and school loans willing. I am here to learn and maybe make a couple of friends.

Lee

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/moviepics/leon15.jpg

pissy 12 year old natalie portman resents your presence... but WE welcome you.

hmm... pissy 12 year old natalie portman is shy, apparently. never mind.

BooneGA
02-24-11, 23:29
Welcome Lee. I'm sure there would be more than a few people here willing to give you some guidance with your pistol or simply make it out to one of the meets.

What sort of engineering? Electrical here but can't say I've ever really used my degree so most of it has been lost in only three years. looking forward to meeting you sometime.

Rick

alvincullumyork
02-25-11, 00:08

I want to laugh, I think, but its going over my head:eek::confused:

Welcome Lee. I'm sure there would be more than a few people here willing to give you some guidance with your pistol or simply make it out to one of the meets.

What sort of engineering? Electrical here but can't say I've ever really used my degree so most of it has been lost in only three years. looking forward to meeting you sometime.

Rick

Rick

I am trying to get my civil engineering degree but as you can see from above I am not all that quick:p. Would love to make a meet and as soon as I get a little time to breath I'm gonna hit up the match maker thread and set up a date for to go star gazin... I mean shooting.

tradja
02-25-11, 01:23

Indeed, welcome Lee. I'm new here myself.

Pissy Natalie Portman @ 12yo: a screen shot from The Professional, perhaps?

Repost attempt on that image, that apparently doesn't like direct hotlinking:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/tradja/leon151.jpg

bkb0000
02-25-11, 01:42
Indeed, welcome Lee. I'm new here myself.

Pissy Natalie Portman @ 12yo: a screen shot from The Professional, perhaps?

Repost attempt on that image, that apparently doesn't like direct hotlinking:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/tradja/leon151.jpg

that's the one!

MistWolf
03-05-11, 04:45
My name is Don and live in Edmonds Washington with my wife. My oldest son is staying with us until he reports for USAF basic training at Lackland AFB in May. I'm an A&P Technician and work at ATS in Everett.

While I have been shooting for many years, I've had very little tactical training. My current AR is a 20" precision (I hope) rifle that's still a W.I.P. I do have a 308 battlerifle. Looking forward to learning more

alt154shiver
03-06-11, 19:31
I'm Jonas. I "live" outside of Portland on the east side. That is to say I've been popping in and out of the area for the last 8 years or so. Spent six years active duty in the Navy doing LE/ATFP with an emphasis on ATFP. No sea time for me. Three of those years I spent stationed with a non-deployable USMC infantry unit in the Puget Sound. Got off of active duty, planning on going to school, joined the reserves and ended up getting mobilized to Kuwait to be an MP for the Army. No civilian training classes to speak of. In Washington we did a lot of FoF with simunitions. Did some basic MOUT with the platoon at Ft. Lewis' Lechi Town and we had HSS International come out and do Tactical Pistol. Spin ups for deployment involved some basic army Short Range Marksmanship range days and going through an accelerated Department of the Army High Risk Personal Protection class.

The military is great about teaching you a new skill, but generally pretty terrible about providing adequate time for training to keep those skills sharp. Worse, there is a lot of "training to time" in the navy opposed to "training to standard". That said, I know my AR and my pistol, but there are a lot of rough spots that need to be ironed out and a lot of training scars from the USNs terrible firearms qualification system.

I am an AR and Glock owner and hope to add Benelli to the list when i get back to the states.

I'm here to network, make friends, and hopefully get in on some training to improve when time permits.

bkb0000
03-06-11, 19:34
welcome, both of ju.

alt145.... æ?

alt154shiver
03-06-11, 19:50
welcome, both of ju.

alt145.... æ?

154 = Ü or at least it used to. Glad you caught the ASCII reference.

bkb0000
03-06-11, 20:04
154 = Ü or at least it used to. Glad you caught the ASCII reference.

i dont know why it should change, but it apparently has... a lot of the old codes i still remember are totally different, trying them again right now.

alt154shiver
03-06-11, 20:09
LOL. Glad I could take you back.

Silver_2325
04-02-11, 20:34
Name is Chris. Just moved to the beautiful PNW from SC last year. I am here to gather information on the AR platform and meet other shooters in my area. I was in the 82nd Airborne Division from 92-96 and that is where I gained interest in the AR platform. I am also a range officer at my local shooting facility so I can facilitate get togethers if anyone is interested. We have a pretty impressive facility here, everything from cowboy shooting to 1000 yard 50 BMG competitions. I am located in Richland WA which is around a 3 hour drive from Portland and Seattle.

massivedesign
06-10-11, 00:29
Howdy all. my name is Dan, and I am from Olympia. Seems the NW area is pretty dead, that sucks. Been a lurker here for a while and made a few deals.

for all the NW guys, I posted this at the bottom NW section as well but; If you are in WA, I have created Range (http://www.waguns.org/rangemap) and Store (http://www.waguns.org/storemap) maps that locate all the physical Gun Shops in WA (minus Wal-Mart and Big 5), as well as the ranges (indoor, outdoor as well as a few honey holes). enjoy!

MookNW
06-10-11, 00:44
Welcome Dan!
We get out to shoot every once in awhile , and there happens to be another event coming up at the end of this month https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=75441
It'll be a great way to get to know some fellow shooters from the area. You may even be able to carpool with someone from your parts. Thanks also for the maps n stuff.

massivedesign
06-10-11, 01:01
Welcome Dan!
We get out to shoot every once in awhile , and there happens to be another event coming up at the end of this month https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=75441
It'll be a great way to get to know some fellow shooters from the area. You may even be able to carpool with someone from your parts. Thanks also for the maps n stuff.

man that sounds awesome! There is another dual forum shoot happening though in Olympia on the 25th and I have to go represent my forum.

Also, I am working to get the word out about a Suppressor Shoot at the Renton Fish and Game range at the end of July. I will post up the details on that in the AM. Will be having quite a few SOT vendors out to demo the toys and Gemtech is sending out something called a "Tactical Toybox"... Sounds fun!

kit222
08-02-11, 00:28
Hello all,

My name's Brian, and I've been a lurker on here for a while as most of my time was spent as a college student in California. Now, I live in Olympia, and am stationed at Ft. Lewis. I'm a newly commissioned 2LT so my marksmanship training is limited to shooting at pop ups so far.

I want to get out and practice/improve my shooting and increase my skill sets. Hopefully there will be another shoot that I can attend and meet some other members.

kaltesherz
08-02-11, 02:50
Hello all,

My name's Brian, and I've been a lurker on here for a while as most of my time was spent as a college student in California. Now, I live in Olympia, and am stationed at Ft. Lewis. I'm a newly commissioned 2LT so my marksmanship training is limited to shooting at pop ups so far.

I want to get out and practice/improve my shooting and increase my skill sets. Hopefully there will be another shoot that I can attend and meet some other members.

Welcome Brian! We've got a pistol only shoot coming up on 10 Sep that should be awesome, and will be a nice mix of regulars https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=80842
Oh, and congrats on your commission as an overpaid Private...

Preliator
08-10-11, 22:25
But I would certainly be open in the future to attending shooting functions in the Seattle/Portland areas as time and budget allow. Also always happy to show any M4Cer's around Birchwood range if you are ever up in AK.

USAFR
08-27-11, 01:57
Now that Im retired I do have a few seconds to help setup a shooting event for us SW, WA,, , NW, OR area...Portland/Vancouver area. Im looking at a 3 gun ???????Sooooo I would think one week, pistol, then maybe a GPS/ o with a MAP, ?? for Long Gun...and a shotgun thing, I m working a Saigia12 build, but have a cool *&)> OK

USAFR
09-03-11, 01:08
Hope you get set up for all the training you can get, for you and those you lead, Be well and safe.

Rob L

geordy7051
09-21-11, 20:00
Hello everybody, I'm Geordy. I kinda live in Central Oregon but right now I'm overseas. I've done just shy of 10 yrs in the military (Marine Corps and Army National Guard [mistake]) and am currently doing contractor stuff. I'd like to be able to have some people to link up with when I'm home to keep what skill I have (not as much as people assume).

Stump70
10-02-11, 16:04
Jason here in N.Idaho. Former Infantry in a different life. RO at my local range and get to shoot, alot. Reloaded and pulled the trigger 5000 times this year. No class training, but know which end means business. I've come to Central Oregon to meet with friends,camp, and shoot informally for the last 3 years. We were just south of Bend this year around Pine Mt.

Don't mind meeting new and exciting people.

Grey
10-30-11, 16:27
Hello, my name in Mike I live in Lake Stevens, WA and work in Redmond, WA. I have been shooting and training for many years. I am a regular guy and would be interested in any formal or informal M4C community shooting events.

RoninB11
11-08-11, 23:19
Hello PNW!

Just moved to the area from Boston. Spent 4 years in the 101st and the last 3 years in the Nasty Guard ( I'm an 11B/19D ). I've been shooting for the last 8 years, with the army and on my own. Looking to meet up with fellow gun owners and blast some shit up. Don't really know many people in the area yet. Come out and have a beer!

kaltesherz
11-09-11, 00:45
Hello PNW!

Just moved to the area from Boston. Spent 4 years in the 101st and the last 3 years in the Nasty Guard ( I'm an 11B/19D ). I've been shooting for the last 8 years, with the army and on my own. Looking to meet up with fellow gun owners and blast some shit up. Don't really know many people in the area yet. Come out and have a beer!

Welcome! Nice to have another 101st 11B (even if you're now a nasty girl 19D) around. Seems like pretty much all the PNW M4C gatherings have been up in WA, feel free to join us sometime.

bigbore40
12-16-11, 07:00
Hey there , I have been shooting since I was just a pup due to my father being retired 1st group SF. I have done some personal protection work but am just your average US citizen looking to keep fresh and learn some stuff from some of the higher speed guys on here. Thanks
Joe
westen WA

MookNW
12-16-11, 16:15
Welcome to here Bigbore40. We get together every few months for shooting up on Whidbey Island. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89002&page=2
It ain't super high speed, but it's a place to practice what you know, learn a few things from other members, and shoot the shit with some solid dudes.
Plus, it's cheap and there's usually some feasting involved.

ovlov28
02-18-12, 12:48
Hey all, my name is Jordan, and I am a life long south Seattle (Des Moines currently) resident. Been lurking here for about a year, this site has been so helpful in SAVING me from wasting money on a number of things, I feel it is time to join up, participate and give back!

I have been shooting for about 10 years, all recreation, not a professional shooter. I am well versed in pistol use, but I am still pretty novice behind my carbine.

Also WAY into cars, racing, and the culture (it is amazing how many car guys are gun guys to...).

Glad to be a part of the forum and look forward to learning more! Cheers!

big b
03-10-12, 01:56
Hey guys,
I'm a LEO here in western WA. In addition to the training I recive at work I shoot quite a bit on my own time and take classes on my own dime. I'm interested in seeing what local training and recreational shooting opportunities are out there that I haven’t heard of.:)

unknownsailor
04-02-12, 18:49
Mark here, been in and around the PacNW since 2000. I'm active duty Navy, spent 7 years at NAS Whidbey, and had no idea you guys even existed. :)
Currently stationed in Bremerton on one of those grey floating bird farms. I have been taking EAG classes to scratch my carbine training itch for the last 8 years. I am taking a trip down to Idaho this month to train with Chris Costa, and in June am off to Nevada to do a trifecta of EAG classes, culminating in a shoot house class.
I know exactly where CWSA is, and look forward to getting up there in the future. Hell, I hope there are some Prowlers hitting OLF so it can be just like old times. :D

Token3495
05-19-12, 01:04
Hi everyone. My name is Kevin and I live in Seattle. I'm a novice to the carbine (firearms in general) and have only been shooting for a couple of months.

Interested in both formal and informal training that will improve my proficiency in the carbine and handgun. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

primewish
08-07-12, 23:28
Hi everyone My name is Joseph I am from the yakima valley and i have been shooting since i was a kid (i think most of us on here have been) I have never went to a competition. But I am looking for a new hobby. I have the Gear to do anything out there I'm pretty sure except long range shooting. Can someone on here help me in the right direction to get started with training and what not. Thank you for you help

blackbelt
08-10-12, 22:15
Hello all, I am in the Spokane, WA area. We have a couple of ranges around the area but what I am really looking for are training courses. I would like to attend a carbine and/or pistol class. Does anyone know of any in the area or is my best option going to be heading for the I-5 corridor (Portland through Seattle)?

zacbol
08-11-12, 00:22
For those who have posted recently to this thread expressing interest in local training, assuming you know of Insights, which offer top-tier shooting instruction:
http://www.insightstraining.com/

LMS also does occasional classes/clinics in Ravensdale, Wa. They also do courses at Okanogan. All I've attended been have been taught by Kevin Williams, who runs a great class (Looking at their schedule doesn't look like anything's on the calender at present)
http://www.lmsdefense.com/

Scimitar2
08-11-12, 00:43
I host a few open enrollment courses per year at my department range in Okanogan which is significantly closer to you the the !-5 mess.

Over the last few years, I have had Red Back 1, Vickers Tactical, LMS, Strategos International, John Holschen and others out for a variety of classes.

In Oct, I have Bennie Cooley coming out for a three day advanced pistol and rifle class-

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=97025

This is the last open enrollment class I have setup for 2012, but am activly working on the 2013 schedule now.

If you are interested in getting on my email list for future class notifications, drop me a PM with your email address, name and agency/unit (if applicable) and I will get you on it.

I hope to see you out here on the range sometime!!!

blackbelt
08-11-12, 19:41
Thanks for the responses and info guys.

Blazingace
10-21-12, 01:09
Hello,

My name is Joel and I am in Sandpoint Idaho. Shoot less frequently than I want and would really like to take some formal classes. That being said I watch as many videos as I can and when I do get out I attempt to run myself through courses of fire as much as I can. We have a square range here in town and I try to shoot at the family property where we have more freedom. Been doing this for about 3 years since I built my first AR. I have 3 brothers that I shoot with and we have a mix of ARs and AKs. My fiance shoots also. Looking for a place to run drills that they won't let me do at the local range.

I have built 5 5.56 ARs and I am working on a 6.5 Grendel and a 300 AAC Blackout. I have the lowers completed for them, but I need to save money to complete the uppers. Also looking to get a decent mid range optic for my 16" REPR.

Spikele
10-29-12, 18:55
Hello all,

My name's Tony, been trolling the forum but no official post yet.

I've been shooting for a number of years but more recently have been interested in more dynamic and austere situations.

Interested in shooting with folks who are willing and interested in learning themselves, as well as teaching others.

In Seattle.

mstennes
11-08-12, 00:26
Hey all, Yet another Mike here. I live in North Central Washington just about 20 minutes north of Chelan, just south of Pateros. Built my own small range, but still need lots and lots of shooting and training, but I love to shoot. Civilian, apple grower.

pingdork
05-05-13, 16:29
Hi all. Another Tony here. Been taking my kids out to NF land for shooting. Looking to meet up for shoots. Would be nice to train and be able to learn something as well. Maybe a little friendly wagering on speed and accuracy to push us into improving, works for my golf game anyway. Live in Puyallup.

Cybnew
07-20-13, 03:30
Hey everyone, Mat here. Active Duty Military currently deployed but will be back around November and looking to meet up at train with some people to keep my skills sharp. I live in Monroe, WA

E_Johnson
10-21-14, 18:24
Hey gents, just got orders to Fort Lewis and will be arriving mid-December. Just wanted to ping the group and see what the good ranges and shops are. Looking forward to the move!

kaltesherz
10-21-14, 20:04
Hey gents, just got orders to Fort Lewis and will be arriving mid-December. Just wanted to ping the group and see what the good ranges and shops are. Looking forward to the move!

Congrats! Lewis is going to be a lot nicer than Ft. Sill, but still be aware it's an Army base so right outpost it's a total shithole. I'm up in Seattle so I can only help in that general area- if you're willing to make the drive I can fill you in on places to go / avoid.

par-archer
04-14-16, 14:04
Howdy! I'm Anthony and I live in the Olympia, WA area. I have been to public shooting ranges here, but I wish to increase my knowledge and skill with both carbine and handgun. Been living in WA for about a year. Moved from St. Louis, MO last year.

medicman29
10-09-16, 16:27
hey, I'm jeff, live in the west Willamette valley , and I'm interested in training. I've been to a few carbine classes, defensive handgun classes and am always looking to learn more.

Diamondback
12-24-17, 19:34
Hope y'all will forgive me not namedropping--a little sensitive re personal info due to a college GF and her stalker ex. I'm in the Puget Sound/Cascade Foothills area, and interested in building both sidearm and AR pistol/carbine skills.

1911 .45
16" AR carbine
10.3" AR pistol (under construction)

Looking for a not-Fudd-infested range; I'm stuck as caregiver to an aging relative, but every once in a long while I get the chance for a day to myself.

nreno88
10-26-19, 00:00
Hey there,
Located in kitsap county Washington. I have been looking for any kind of pistol or rifle class that is driving distance from home. I have not seen much activity from trainers in the pnw.
Nick

sndt1319
10-26-19, 12:28
I saw that John Shrek McPhee was going to run a class in the Seattle area next year. I've always wanted to take a class from that guy.

czgunner
10-26-19, 13:27
Funny I never saw this thread before.
Is anybody still watching?
I’m in Woodland, WA.
OIF combat veteran, work as an auto tech.
I have a membership to Clark Rifles, which is an awesome private range.
I’d love to get into some training, now that my daughter is a bit older.

wichaka
02-28-20, 12:20
Cerberus Training Group in Goldendale Washington.

http://cerberus-training.com