PDA

View Full Version : December 2009 SWAT Magazine

rob_s
10-30-09, 06:22
I have an article in this issue on a Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101 class that I took earlier this year. Take a look and let me know what you think.

(please keep commentary on SWAT in general, Leroy Thompson, etc. to yourself or start another thread to complain about them ;) )

M4arc
10-30-09, 06:34
Looking forward to it Rob.

Ed L.
10-30-09, 13:15
I read it and liked the points you made--like the pistol being a more likely weapon for use of people outside the military and about your shift back to the Glock--something I myself am doing.

NCPatrolAR
10-30-09, 13:37
How long does it take to see an article published from when you submit it? I've always been curious about how dated some of the info in those articles is.

rob_s
10-30-09, 13:56
How long does it take to see an article published from when you submit it? I've always been curious about how dated some of the info in those articles is.

SWAT is pretty quick usually, from what I can tell. I don't have my records in front of me, but I believe I submitted that article in June.

Typically the problem is me, not them. I'm working on another article for them right now and it's just a matter of finding the time to cut it (it's at 2700 words right now and needs to be 2000) and cull and edit the photos from the hundreds I usually wind up with.

Product articles are easier, IMHO, than AARs from classes.

loupav
10-30-09, 19:39
Congrats, I pick up an issue of SWAT every month.

Submariner
10-30-09, 19:46

My AAR on Doc Gunn's Tactical Treatment of Gunshot Wounds was submitted on July 28, 2009. The class was on July 18th. The article is on page 62. ;)

Congrats, I pick up an issue of SWAT every month.

Subscribe. It's wa-a-ay cheaper. :D

Steve
10-30-09, 19:49
There goes the world me and Paul and rob in the same month 2 differnt mags jeesh

paul Ill be in your world around dec 5 for a class.

Steve
10-30-09, 19:50
SWAT is pretty quick usually, from what I can tell. I don't have my records in front of me, but I believe I submitted that article in June.

Typically the problem is me, not them. I'm working on another article for them right now and it's just a matter of finding the time to cut it (it's at 2700 words right now and needs to be 2000) and cull and edit the photos from the hundreds I usually wind up with.

Product articles are easier, IMHO, than AARs from classes.

Very true

SWATcop556
10-30-09, 23:46
Always enjoy your articles Rob. I'll be sure to check it out. I need to re-new my subscription anyways.

rob_s
11-06-09, 09:18
I hear it's out on news stands now. This makes my third article for SWAT in 2009, and I'm hoping to bring that number up to four (or more?) for 2010.

This is the cover you're looking for.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/Articles/0912%20SWAT/01-Cover.jpg