PDA

View Full Version : Surefire combat weapons tactics

Steve
10-30-09, 08:34
Ok shameless plug.

My first article has been printed on last years Vickers class i took in AZ

snappy
10-30-09, 12:33
Congrats on the publication. Aaaaand where would one go to find said article? :cool:

NCPatrolAR
10-30-09, 12:54
Congrats on the publication. Aaaaand where would one go to find said article? :cool:

The Surefire Combat and TActics magazine. I usually see issues on the shelves of Wal-Mart, Borders, and Books-a-Million

snappy
10-30-09, 13:07
Thanks NC. Didn't know about that magazine and will have to check it out. Congrats again to Steve.

NCPatrolAR
10-30-09, 13:36
Thanks NC. Didn't know about that magazine and will have to check it out. Congrats again to Steve.

No problem. I believe it is published quarterly.

RogerinTPA
10-30-09, 13:53
Congrats Steve, I'll make sure to grab a copy. :cool:

Chameleox
10-30-09, 13:58
I'm usually skeptical about magazines published by industry manufacturers, but I really like Combat Tactics. Wish it was more than quarterly.
I'll look for the article!

rob_s
10-30-09, 14:34
Damn, yet another one without the followup to my last article for them. Nuts. Gotta get that photo shoot done :p

Congrats Steve! I'll keep an eye out for it!

Chameleox
10-30-09, 15:41
Just picked up a copy. As always, nice photos.
I'm working a special event tonight; saving the reading for stand down time.

Steve
10-30-09, 19:23
Thanks Guys.

Rob as always great reading your articles.

loupav
10-30-09, 19:37
Dude, congrats! I love that magazine.

Steve
10-30-09, 19:50
More to come I hope

GLOCKMASTER
10-30-09, 20:29
Ok shameless plug.

Hey dude that's great!! I'll see if I can find one around here to check out the pictures.:D

JackOSU
10-30-09, 21:01
Congrats big man. I'll stop by wally world and see if I can get a copy tomorrow.

With all this publicity you're sure to make the movies soon....:D

SWATcop556
10-30-09, 23:44
Ok shameless plug.

Picked it up on my way back into town tonight. I'll give it a read but I'm sure it's a good one. Congrats!

I did already scavange the pics and me likey!!! :cool:

Chameleox
10-31-09, 13:52
Great job on the article!
Class review, equipment info, photos, all top notch
Makes me eager to get to a Vickers class.

rob_s
10-31-09, 15:19
One of the nice things about Combat Tactics is that they let you go a little long, which means you can be more comprehensive in what you write. I'm limited to 2000 and sometimes less in other publications which can make it hard to get everything squeezed in. Not a problem, typically, with CT.

Some will criticize it as a "magalog", but I think it's the best of that genre for sure, and a damn bit better than many of the magazines without an advertiser's name on the front.

Chameleox
10-31-09, 15:26
Some will criticize it as a "magalog", but I think it's the best of that genre for sure, and a damn bit better than many of the magazines without an advertiser's name on the front.

Bingo. I limit myself to CT, SWAT, and NTOA's journal. Any other good ones I should be looking for?

Steve
10-31-09, 18:47
One of the nice things about Combat Tactics is that they let you go a little long, which means you can be more comprehensive in what you write. I'm limited to 2000 and sometimes less in other publications which can make it hard to get everything squeezed in. Not a problem, typically, with CT.

Agreed I was given 2500-3k words if i wished...

SWATcop556
10-31-09, 19:13
Bingo. I limit myself to CT, SWAT, and NTOA's journal. Any other good ones I should be looking for?

I'm the same but I also get Command, which is the publication for Texas Tactical Police Officers Association (see sig line).

I'm always on the lookout for a good read. I had hopes for Tactical Weapons but it seems to have gone the way that so many others have.

macman37
10-31-09, 19:19
About time it came out...!

Congrats again Steve!

Ed L.
10-31-09, 19:51
Just got done reading it.

Excellent article, Steve.

macman37
11-01-09, 18:46
Just read it myself. Good stuff there, rock star. :p

Steve
11-02-09, 03:07
Just read it myself. Good stuff there, rock star. :p

Dont make me slap you Mac......

Submariner
11-02-09, 07:41
Read it yesterday in the grocery.:D

Excellent!

How did you manage to get the EOTAC ad on the same page as your article?

Way to go!

Steve
11-02-09, 11:15
paul call me this week I'm in az at superdave