PDA

View Full Version : Ithaca Defense

Scouse
11-01-09, 06:05
The Ithaca Defense 18.5 Shotgun I first bought, would not eject, sent it back, came back worse, sent it back, got new one.

Factory said they would send front swivel when made? Not done, can not even get reply from Mike? They did fit rear stud for free.

Any suggestions? I need to be able to hang it on my shoulder (work)

Thanks.

scottryan
11-02-09, 00:08
These are not up to the standard of the real Ithaca made back in the day.

I was intrigued when the new ones came out, but then I did some research on the internet and compared the new ones to my old one and they aren't the same, coupled with all the internet bitching, I did not buy a new one.

The way the magazine tube is affixed and how the barrel is stuck into the receiver is not like the old ones.

Scouse
11-02-09, 06:25
These are not up to the standard of the real Ithaca made back in the day.

I was intrigued when the new ones came out, but then I did some research on the internet and compared the new ones to my old one and they aren't the same, coupled with all the internet bitching, I did not buy a new one.

The way the magazine tube is affixed and how the barrel is stuck into the receiver is not like the old ones.

Now you tell me!

On a visit to NYPD Range on City Island way back, I got to shoot one of their Ithaca 37s, it looked like it had been dragged behind a Police Car, cycled like glass!

Might pick up one of the Charles Daly made in Turkey pumps, sell the Ithaca at the gun show, the word SECURITY might be a plus on each side of the plastic stock, it looks nice.