PDA

View Full Version : Anybody From Central Or Eastern Pa Want To Setup A Date For A Training Day?

d90king
11-01-09, 08:37
Looking for guys to train with from the central or preferably the eastern side of the state.:D We can use my club but I am limited to 3 guest at a time.:rolleyes: The other thing that sucks at my club is we must shoot under cover.:rolleyes: Willing to travel within an hour or so if somebody has a better place to train. Lets get something going! Post any thoughts or ideas here so we can get to work.

d90king
11-01-09, 12:35
I am open to Pistol, AK's or Carbine work... Lets go guys!:D I wouldn't mind working on the 700 standards with a good group of guys ...

eagle5
11-01-09, 19:44
d90king... I am definitely game for getting a small group together to shoot. It is looking like I will actually be down your way soon to follow up on a project. Unfortunately, the ranges I hold membership at are between central and western PA. I know of a few good places close to the home office but have not had the opportunity to get memberships yet. I need to work on that.

Keep me posted!

d90king
11-01-09, 21:51
d90king... I am definitely game for getting a small group together to shoot. It is looking like I will actually be down your way soon to follow up on a project. Unfortunately, the ranges I hold membership at are between central and western PA. I know of a few good places close to the home office but have not had the opportunity to get memberships yet. I need to work on that.

Keep me posted!

That would be great. Let me know when you are down my way and we can just go to my place. Who knows maybe TK will make the trip for us out east someday. I can even take care of his lodging since I am 2 miles to the club. It would be nice to have him and his expertise for some drills. We can still do some of the Vickers drills that I have learned training with LAV. I would also like to work on the 700 standards for pistols which looks like a great challenge and tool. I would also like to work on Todd G's drill and see what times we can run in it. I have some others who can join in but I wouldn't mind training with some fresh faces who can offer some fresh insight from the training they have experienced.

Jay Cunningham
11-01-09, 21:53
If you can get things organized and I can get the time off, I'll be happy to make a drive out.

d90king
11-01-09, 22:12
If you can get things organized and I can get the time off, I'll be happy to make a drive out.

You are the man! We need 1 more so that we will have full capacity. 4 is probably a great size to train with. Not to big, not to small. As soon as I get a 4th I will set a time and give you some advance warning. Thanks again.

d90king
11-03-09, 06:51
Come on guys, I need one more so that I can setup a date and try and take advantage of T_K's generous offer of coming east for a day of training. Lets Go! I am close to south Jersey, Northern MD and Phila.... If you google Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square Pa that would be your destination 19348.

mercop
11-23-09, 09:03
If we can find space somewhere we could work on some CQC stuff.- George

Shawn.L
11-23-09, 18:28
what dates where you looking at ?

d90king
11-23-09, 20:39
what dates where you looking at ?

It would depend on T_K's schedule... I am open...;)

d90king
11-23-09, 20:46
If we can find space somewhere we could work on some CQC stuff.- George

George, I think we are going to be running carbines and pistols. There is a group of us heading to NC for Ken Hackathorn so I would like to spend a little time on both. With that in mind not sure if we can fit it all in in one day. If it was a two day session I think it might make more sense...

We can setup a time when TK isn't making the trip to work on some of the up close dirty work....

mercop
11-26-09, 13:03
No worries, I was just putting it out there. Looking forward to next year I have about two weekend classes a month scheduled for most of the year. Hard to plan something around me. It would be more like me hooking up with you guys.- George

Gutshot John
11-27-09, 13:31
I'd make the trek.

d90king
11-27-09, 14:25
I'd make the trek.

Excellent! Now all I need to know is a date that will work for you guys making the drive. You and TK are welcome at my home if you aren't up to the drive the same day. It would be great to have you there. You being a training whore... I am sure you could add a lot of great input. The club is 5 min from my house. I am also looking into joining another one about 20 min from the house that is a little bit more user friendly and goes out to 600yds...

DVDADM
12-25-09, 05:03
Is there any word on this. I would be very intrested in coming. Im located in Delaware. LMK

Jay Cunningham
12-25-09, 05:41
Is there any word on this. I would be very intrested in coming. Im located in Delaware. LMK

Shoot me an email: the_katar@pistol-training.com

Merry Christmas!

DVDADM
12-26-09, 21:46
emailed you. LMK

d90king
12-27-09, 08:01

You are close to me, we can just run some drills together and do some shooting at SCCSFA until we have a formal get together. I am in Chester County, shoot me a pm and we can set something up...

sxHarr05
01-06-10, 00:53
Any updates on this? As a "noob" I'd be interested in picking the brains and watching those who have had formal training, such as I do with my LEO and Marine friends.

d90king
01-06-10, 06:35
Since we have the big shoot at the end of this month, I have iced this until Feb/March. You are more than welcome to PM me and I will take you out for some drills if you would like when ever our schedules line up.;)

I am open to one on ones anytime, as long as my schedule allows... My club is only 5 min from my house and all are welcome...

RadioActivity
04-01-10, 01:17
I'm north of you (on the PA side of trenton), but I'd come out to play.

d90king
04-01-10, 06:47
The weather is getting right! We should try and put something together soon. I know they have something going for the westies... so lets try and pick a date and move forward on this. I am flexible so everybody chime in and lets get dialed in.

macnamara
05-04-10, 07:43
I'm interested. I'm in Philly, so not too far from what it sounds. Although a new shooter, I'd love the opportunity to be able to learn.

d90king
05-04-10, 09:02
I'm interested. I'm in Philly, so not too far from what it sounds. Although a new shooter, I'd love the opportunity to be able to learn.

PM responded to with contact info.

mnagant762
05-04-10, 16:13
I would also really be interested in coming out, I have no formal training and am always looking to better myself. I'm just short of 2 hours away but it's pretty country out your way so I wouldn't mind the drive if your ok with it.

d90king
05-04-10, 16:30
I would also really be interested in coming out, I have no formal training and am always looking to better myself. I'm just short of 2 hours away but it's pretty country out your way so I wouldn't mind the drive if your ok with it.

Will PM contact info.

Shawn.L
05-04-10, 19:26
email me when you get a date together. I would like to come out if I can.

d90king
05-05-10, 08:18
email me when you get a date together. I would like to come out if I can.

Call me. I am planning on a Sunday range day. I think that will be the easiest way to get a hard schedule. If you can make it it would be great.

macnamara
05-08-10, 19:23
d90, been trying to contact you. Check your PMs.

d90king
05-08-10, 20:07
d90, been trying to contact you. Check your PMs.

See you tomorrow at 10:30

macnamara
05-08-10, 20:22
Roger. Looking forward to it.

d90king
05-09-10, 17:09
Great day today with macnamara for some pistol work. He came with an excellent attitude and a willingness to learn. He did an outstanding job in the amount of time that we had at the range.

We started with a standard safety discussion and then moved on to fundamentals including stance, grip, sight pic, trigger press and a brief illustration of the wobble zone.

The day was spent doing some pistol shooting and a lot of dry fire work with lots of time was spent on trigger presses. We varied between 3-5 yards using Todd G's dot torture drill target and 1" black dots on a backer. We didn't run the drill we focused more on aiming small and missing small. By the end, clean shots were routine even at 5yd's.

We did a lot of dry fire with a casing on the front of his Glock and included limited amount of ball and dummy runs (I didn't do more of them simply because we were at an indoor range)....

We also spent a good amount of time with me pressing the trigger for him allowing him to focus on sight pic and feeling a good clean press and break. He did an outstanding job in this area and it payed off by the end of our session.

By the end of the session he had shown great progress and I believe he left with some things to work on and areas to direct his focus towards. I look forward to getting together in the future and continuing where we left off.

Keep in mind I am not an instructor nor do I consider myself a great teacher of any magnitude. I do what I can to work with new shooters in hopes of getting them to a level were they can then attend a class by a top tier instructor and feel more comfortable upon arrival.

trappezius
05-16-10, 14:03
I'm from Chester County PA and I'm looking for some good folks to shoot/train with. I'm game for meeting anywhere in central or eastern PA. Feel free to PM me if any meetings come up. Thanks.

trappezius

MTechnik
07-21-10, 12:53
Another one in Eastern PA willing to get together. Also, I can help double D90King's numbers at the range.

d90king
07-22-10, 10:16
Guys, I just recently joined another club that will make a session much easier to put together. The new club has 500m rifle range with steel starting at 200m and sits on 300 acres of heaven.

We will have a lot more flexibility at the new club. Souther Chester County was really a tough club to organize a session due to all of their 70's FUD rules and guest policies.

Lets look to set something up in the near future. I will start a page on my site www.FirearmsTrainingandTactics.com to organize the group, pick a date and set a curriculum based upon the shooters who are interested in attending. I will cross post between both sites so nobody is excluded.

macnamara
07-22-10, 11:00
Great news.

MTechnik
07-22-10, 11:44
That's funny, it's on my itinerary to join that club, too. Too bad their membership is full for the year. I yearn to try shooting past 100y. In the mean time, I'll be a SCCSFA on the 28th, enjoying the rule freedom.

Thanks for the very generous offer, D90King, I certainly appreciate it.

d90king
07-22-10, 11:51
That's funny, it's on my itinerary to join that club, too. Too bad their membership is full for the year. I yearn to try shooting past 100y. In the mean time, I'll be a SCCSFA on the 28th, enjoying the rule freedom.

Thanks for the very generous offer, D90King, I certainly appreciate it.

No problem at all! I am just happy to have a good place to use now for group sessions. Plus I am really looking forward to the long range steel range and being able to shoot out from under cover and run drills freely...

I might be able to help you get in in Jan. I got another buddy in at the same time as I got in last week. I got very luck with a Life Member who got me in without going through all the meetings etc...

Welcome aboard on FTT also, glad to have you.

MTechnik
07-22-10, 12:33
Thanks a lot for the offer, I greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for the invite to FTT, getting to learn that place, poking around. I usually lurk for a while before posting - getting to know the people and attitudes BEFORE getting in trouble, heheh.

Chayse
10-26-10, 15:15
I would definitely be up for this as well. I'm on the 'Noob' side of things but I have a couple of pistols and a carbine that I would love to work out with.

Fred

Tosser
11-27-10, 17:48
I'd venture from NJ into PA for a training day. Let me know.