PDA

View Full Version : Latest Project LMT-Noveske Hybrid

Iraqgunz
11-01-09, 14:58
So I have had this stripped Noveske N4 barrel w/ Switchblock sitting in the safe for about 8 months or longer and decided to put it all together. I was prompted by a co-worker who wanted a good quality AR. Since I also had the lower and some other stuff sitting around I thought this would be a good opportunity to make it all happen. Unfortunately he backed out at the last minute so.... I decided to go ahead and finish since all the parts were on hand.

Here are the component details.

1. 16" Noveske N4 barrel w/ Switchblock and Vortex flash hider.

2. LMT lower receiver complete w/ carbine buffer and spring.

3. Vltor EMOD stock.

4. BCM M4 upper receiver.

5. Troy MRF 9" rail system.

6. Magpul front and rear MBUS.

7. Magpul MIAD pistol grip.

8. LMT bolt carrier group.

Now down to the meat of this thing. I put the lower into the vise and installed the Vltor stock.

Then I went ahead and installed the MIAD grip. TAKE NOTE of the selector lever spring. All too often people forget about this or dick it up during installation.

One that was done it was time to install the barrel and the Troy MRF. This is the first time that I have used the MRF and I will say that it is not the most user friendly in my opinion. Though everythibg installed well, getting the rail to be totally straight and online took some playing with. Having said that once installed it is solid.

Note: There was a thread here where someone complained that he has an armorer friend that can't get these things on straight and has had lots of issues. I will say that I find that hard to believe and can only assume that he has little patience or mechanical ability as I was able to make it happen, just not at Burger King speed.

Putting the barrel nut on to work the threads.

Once that was done I applied anti-seize to the threads and began the final lock down.

Once I have the barrel nut tightened down and eye-balled I check that everything is lined up.

Rated21R
11-01-09, 15:01
This is going to be a nice build. Can't wait to see the results.

mechelaar
11-01-09, 15:10
Sounds like a great build. For some reason I can't see the pics though. Oh, and if you're looking to get rid of the LMT lower takeoffs, I'll happily take them off your hands for the right price FTF in central AZ. :D

d90king
11-01-09, 15:14
Thanks for taking the time to post it step by step. Looks like it is going to be an excellent build.

Blob
11-01-09, 16:02
What kind of problems did the MRF give you? Mine went on quite easily.

Iraqgunz
11-01-09, 16:11
Getting the rail to line up completely straight with the upper receiver. Intitially I did it just like the instructions (step by step) and it wouldn't line up right. So I had to play with it.

What kind of problems did the MRF give you? Mine went on quite easily.

Surf
11-01-09, 22:37
I have a few MRF's on my rifles and installed several on other peoples. I really do like the Troy rails and they are one of my favorites. I have needed to unscrew the set screws and re-adjust the rail. My mistake, and you need to pay close attention to how the rail is sitting when locking it down. My only issue is that on my 13.8 Troy MRF, and the 9" MRF-M, I needed to dremel the male locking lug at the front QD hole, as it interfered with the QD hole when the top and bottom rail mated.

EzGoingKev
11-02-09, 09:42
Please disregard, I answered my own question.

TOrrock
11-02-09, 09:48
All top notch stuff, should be a great little carbine.