PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Serious Centerfire Handgun Purchase

BVickery
11-01-09, 19:42
Ok, I am in sort of dilemma. I am looking at getting another handgun at some point and have not made up my mind 100% on which.

I currently have a S&W M&P9c and love it. It is my everyday carry gun and will remain so for the most part even after my next purchase.

Should I just stay with the S&W M&P platform or should I perhaps pick up a Glock, SIg or wait even longer for an HK just so I can be familiar with them and handle them safetly? I am probably looking for a .40 S&W for the next one, already have a 1911 for the .45 ACP.

kaltblitz
11-01-09, 21:16
Why don't you just buy a fullsize M&P 9mm?

You'll see a trend around here if you look hard enough. Keep it simple.

Put your money towards ammo and training and not collecting guns.

John_Wayne777
11-01-09, 23:10
I like collecting guns, personally...but I make a distinction between what I do with guns as a hobby and what I do with guns for serious social purposes.

If the goal is to own a gun for the sake of owning one, go nuts. Buy whatever blows your skirt up. If, however, there is even a slight chance the weapon will be used for serious social purposes then it's a whole different ballgame. Given that you have a 9C already I think a full sized 9 would be an excellent compliment. An added benefit to owning pistols in the same "family" of weapons is the commonality of holsters and support gear that can be very handy.

BVickery
11-01-09, 23:28
I like collecting guns, personally...but I make a distinction between what I do with guns as a hobby and what I do with guns for serious social purposes.

If the goal is to own a gun for the sake of owning one, go nuts. Buy whatever blows your skirt up. If, however, there is even a slight chance the weapon will be used for serious social purposes then it's a whole different ballgame. Given that you have a 9C already I think a full sized 9 would be an excellent compliment. An added benefit to owning pistols in the same "family" of weapons is the commonality of holsters and support gear that can be very handy.

That was what I was thinking, but do want to have a choice. 9mm is still very hard to find down here but 40 S&W has been a breeze to find. Even during the hardest of times I was always finding 1-2 boxes of the stuff.

I will keep with a full sized handgun and either be the FS 9mm or 40S&W in the same family.

Beat Trash
11-02-09, 13:48

I couldn't have stated it better. Not only is being to use the same support gear very handy, it saves alot of money.