PDA

View Full Version : Lower parts kits

miss debbie
11-01-09, 20:43
Hi, I just bought a stripped lower and wanted to try to put the parts into it. Are there certain kits I should stay away from? Who has them in stock? The only ones I can find are from Aim surplus a stainless steel parts kit, anyone have any other sources?

tirod
11-01-09, 21:38
Most of the makers/assemblers offer a parts kit - click about any of their web sites on the banner at the top.

You do get what you pay for to a certain degree. There is a tendency among some to only accept the best - while others report the economy vendors haven't been a problem. I think it's more a matter of how important reliability is to a buyer - quite apart from whether it's actually necessary. A lot of high cost high reliability parts are in the hands of weekend warriors.

Lonestar sells DMT/Stag lower parts kits, about $65 to my doorstep. While I haven't bought any others, I have been a mil user of AR's. The parts look good quality, are cleanly made, have sharp edges, are all metal, and appear properly finished. There is no roughness or bumpy surface irregularities common with more cheaply cast parts. Stag has a good reputation.

I've seen the Brownell's web pages which sell Colt parts - to complete a lower requires buying two kits, the trigger set and a kit with all the rest, including upper parts. Runs close to $200, but it is Colt name brand and therefore meets military spec and the technical data package - I assume. Others are available.

Vendors are sold out at various times, but the market is getting better as the panic subsides.

Iraqgunz
11-01-09, 23:29
Check out the LPK's that Grant has at GandRtactical.com. Also the Stag Arms kits are pretty good as well.