PDA

View Full Version : The Noveske Shooting Team at this weekends Steel City Tactical Rifle Match

Cold
11-01-09, 22:38
Here is the match footage I took from this weekends Steel City Tactical Rifle Match on Halloween

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpY68W6yXmY

Enjoy.

Alaskapopo
11-02-09, 00:28
Cold that was awsome. Is that scope the same as mine a Swarovski Z61. If so what size blizard covers are those. If you could help me out I would owe you one. Also which upper is that? Thanks again. Its good to see others shooting Noveske at 3 gun. By the way you are fast.
Pat

M4Fundi
11-02-09, 00:40
That was great:D

Cold
11-02-09, 06:57
Cold that was awsome. Is that scope the same as mine a Swarovski Z61. If so what size blizard covers are those. If you could help me out I would owe you one. Also which upper is that? Thanks again. Its good to see others shooting Noveske at 3 gun. By the way you are fast.
Pat
Yes, same optic, we are all using Z6i's actually. I was the last to switch over but now Im very glad I did.

I wish WISH I had BC caps for the Z6i, but alas, I cannot find any that fit. Rob runs a modified one on his front but the ocular is bare. I just use the supplied bikini if its that bad out but even then I tend to not like it on 1x with that cover on.

Robb Jensen
11-02-09, 07:17
Good stuff Cold.

I'm thinking of using a 12" Troy tube on my incoming 16" SS410 BCM midlength upper.

Cold
11-02-09, 08:03
Good stuff Cold.

I'm thinking of using a 12" Troy tube on my incoming 16" SS410 BCM midlength upper.

I run the Troy extreme 11" on mine, I think you will be very pleased with the Troy. Its lighter & thinner then JP Vtac tube and allows me to stick it through some of the often precarious slots, we have seen at matches down here in the South East, others using Larue/Vtac/PRi cannot get their HG's into the slot which sometimes is a disadvantage.

Sam
11-02-09, 11:38
Thanks for posting the video. I saw my buddy Tod aka Shortbus!

Alaskapopo
11-02-09, 12:32
Yes, same optic, we are all using Z6i's actually. I was the last to switch over but now Im very glad I did.

I wish WISH I had BC caps for the Z6i, but alas, I cannot find any that fit. Rob runs a modified one on his front but the ocular is bare. I just use the supplied bikini if its that bad out but even then I tend to not like it on 1x with that cover on.

Cold what do you do for the long shots. All the matches here in Alaska only go out to 100 yards or 300 yards depending on the location of the range. I would like to compete down there but I am worried about the 600 yard stages. How do you set your scope up for the long targets?
Pat

Cold
11-02-09, 12:35
Thanks for posting the video. I saw my buddy Tod aka Shortbus!

Yep he is in the video, he shot well.

Cold
11-02-09, 12:37
Cold what do you do for the long shots. All the matches here in Alaska only go out to 100 yards or 300 yards depending on the location of the range. I would like to compete down there but I am worried about the 600 yard stages. How do you set your scope up for the long targets?
Pat

All the matches Ive shot, I have only seen one stage past 300 and that was at the Larue 3 Gun. Now I have not shot Ft Benning yet, but word from past events is they have stages that reach out further. I just dont know yet from experience. FNH USA was not past 300 I dont believe. I personally, have a very good 200 yard zero and know clicks for stuff past 300. At FNH I just held high on the plate rack at 300 something yards and dropped them without issue. Just depends on what you like to do. The Z6i doesnt have tac turrets which is the only thing I wish it had!

Alaskapopo
11-02-09, 12:48
All the matches Ive shot, I have onyl seen one stage past 300 and that was at the Larue 3 Gun. Now I have not shot Ft Benning yet, but word from past events is they have stages that reach out further. I just dont know yet from experience. FNH USA was not past 300 I dont believe. I personally, have a very good 200 yard zero and know clicks for stuff past 300. At FNH I just held high on the plate rack at 300 something yards and dropped them without issue. Just depends on what you like to do. The Z6i doesnt have tac turrets which is the only thing I wish it had!

At the Larue three gun what did you do?
Pat

Cold
11-02-09, 13:00
At the Larue three gun what did you do?
Pat

I was using a K Dot there, I was using holds, it worked OK for 300 (with a 200 yrd zero) but the 400 yrd target, on the first day with the ridiculous cross wind, left me wishing I dialed it in accordingly

JSGlock34
11-02-09, 22:32
Excellent video. I've seen some pictures of Noveske uppers with the new Troy TRX rail (complete with Noveske markings) - does anyone know if Noveske is going to offer complete uppers with the Troy rails for sale? I might even be interested in buying a Noveske/Troy rail for my Recon rifle - the SWS rail is high quality but heavy.

Cold
11-02-09, 23:25
Excellent video. I've seen some pictures of Noveske uppers with the new Troy TRX rail (complete with Noveske markings) - does anyone know if Noveske is going to offer complete uppers with the Troy rails for sale? I might even be interested in buying a Noveske/Troy rail for my Recon rifle - the SWS rail is high quality but heavy.

The unit I run has a Tory rail with Noveske's name on the right side. I believe they will offer such a set up or some sort of Noveske/Troy combo. I would just call them up and ask if you dont see anything on their site.

seacoastnh
11-10-09, 19:10
What the barrels and brakes you are using?

diving dave
11-10-09, 20:56
Very cool video, that looks like alot of fun!!

Cold
11-10-09, 23:43
What the barrels and brakes you are using?

Noveske barrels with SJC Titan brakes.

M4Fundi
11-11-09, 00:14
Who is SJC?

Robb Jensen
11-11-09, 07:16
Who is SJC?

http://stores.sjcguns.com/Categories.bok?category=SJC+Components

M4Fundi
11-12-09, 01:29
Thanks

Alaskapopo
11-24-09, 20:50
Cold I noticed you guys have your support hand up far forward and to the side of the forend. I tried shooting like that today and it works great. Duh. Bennie Cooley tried to teach me that 8 years ago when I took a rifle class for him and at the time it did not feel comfortable. But today I found out it really does work. Thanks for posting the videos it has helped my shooting and it helped me set up my three gun stick right.
Pat

Cold
11-25-09, 23:40
Cold I noticed you guys have your support hand up far forward and to the side of the forend. I tried shooting like that today and it works great. Duh. Bennie Cooley tried to teach me that 8 years ago when I took a rifle class for him and at the time it did not feel comfortable. But today I found out it really does work. Thanks for posting the videos it has helped my shooting and it helped me set up my three gun stick right.
Pat

I just borrowed what works. More video this coming Sunday from EAGC Multi gun and then Benning the following week!

I have some new HD camera toys, will see how the vids turn out !