PDA

View Full Version : Product Warning: Enidine buffer

dmancornell
11-02-09, 00:05
Spreading the word. I bought the Enidine carbine buffer 2 months ago on a whim, figure it'd help my double taps and rapid fire.

500 rounds later. At the range today, I happened to look at the BCG and it is smeared with a gooey black liquid. I break it down and the buffer has sprung a leak and leaked hydraulic fluid all over my lower, BCG, spring and buffer tube. The gun still worked though, go figure. :rolleyes:

Took me a whole hour at home just to clean up the mess. The buffer itself still worked, with noticeably less force required to force the piston, and a broken seal ring around the neck. I'm sending the buffer back to MidwayUSA for a refund and reverting back to a H2. I might give the ST-T2 from Spike's Tactical a try.

Ak44
11-02-09, 01:09
Bummer dude, thanks for the heads up.

Iraqgunz
11-02-09, 02:21
Enidine buffers are already well-known to the members here as being crap.

THellURider
11-02-09, 09:15
The acronym "K.I.S.S." comes to mind.

JPB
11-02-09, 15:24
I've always considered those as limited life components, but 500 rounds is indeed a short life!

boltcatch
11-02-09, 17:52
I had mine in for about 3 or 4K rounds before I took it out. While I really liked what it did for me, I didn't like knowing that it might crap out.

vicious_cb
11-03-09, 02:03
Spreading the word. I bought the Enidine carbine buffer 2 months ago on a whim, figure it'd help my double taps and rapid fire.

500 rounds later. At the range today, I happened to look at the BCG and it is smeared with a gooey black liquid. I break it down and the buffer has sprung a leak and leaked hydraulic fluid all over my lower, BCG, spring and buffer tube. The gun still worked though, go figure. :rolleyes:

Took me a whole hour at home just to clean up the mess. The buffer itself still worked, with noticeably less force required to force the piston, and a broken seal ring around the neck. I'm sending the buffer back to MidwayUSA for a refund and reverting back to a H2. I might give the ST-T2 from Spike's Tactical a try.

I tried to place my H2 with the spikes buffer a while back after hearing the raving review from TOS. I ended up going back to the H2, go figure. Its really not worth replacing a H2 with a spikes. Recoil impulse is basically the same and brass ejected further with the spikes buffer.

foxjordan22
11-03-09, 17:29
the h2 and st-t2 are close to the same recoil but a little different to me. i have the h2 and my father has the st-t2 and i have to say his gun feels smoother than mine. we switched buffers one day to try them out. the spikes feels almost like a bottle of water chugging back and forth. very smooth. it makes the gun cycle slower due to the deadblow effect it has. but i did find my finger moving faster than the bolt carrier could reload with the spikes that i never felt with my h2. but that is just how it worked for me. i like both.