PDA

View Full Version : Houston M4C members

Frank Castle
11-02-09, 10:53
Houston area members join up for possible training opportunities!

Iraq Ninja
11-02-09, 12:07
Houston/Webster area when I am on leave... Nov 18!

Also, lets note if anyone is a member of a private range.

PSC Range for me.

thopkins22
11-05-09, 15:43
Houston.

Member of PSC. Will possibly gain access to The Impact Zone in the future.

Frank Castle
11-12-09, 11:02
I was considering joining Impact Zone as well. Bit of a drive for myself so I was leaning toward Thunder Tactical in Conroe. I may just have to suck it up and hit the highway. How many times a month do you guys get out to the ranges?

Cobra66
11-12-09, 11:18
I'm a Houstonian a few days each week, been here about a year and still trying to get my bearings.

Would love to meet fellow shooters as well as maybe do some training.

As of yet, I have not found a decent range in all of Houston. Apart from slack jawed yokels who seem to pass as RSOs to the outrageous range fees to the fact that you can't even use quality targets to the fact that it seems that no one has discovered the concept of the target stand, I have been sadly disappointed in the ranges here in Houston. I won't even dare to dream about falling plates and pepper poppers.

Maybe one of you guys can point me in the right direction? I live in the Woodlands area.

Frank Castle
11-12-09, 14:41
Cobra,
I would think that any range that hosts IDPA events might meet your acceptance criteria. http://www.tts-idpa.com/ is very close to you- and me (Shenandoah here). They are hosting a match this weekend. I had planned to go check it out, but have to travel on business. If you go, let me know what you think.

mseanmc
11-13-09, 20:42
I'm about 7 miles from American Shooting Center & used to train there with MAST until the owner at ASC got a bee in his bonnet and dis-invited MAST from hosting classes there. My understanding is that MAST is going to be able to use some of the other area ranges. If y'all aren't familiar with them, I can ask the guy who runs the show over there to stop by and introduce himself on the forum.

Frank Castle
11-15-09, 09:28
I'm about 7 miles from American Shooting Center & used to train there with MAST until the owner at ASC got a bee in his bonnet and dis-invited MAST from hosting classes there. My understanding is that MAST is going to be able to use some of the other area ranges. If y'all aren't familiar with them, I can ask the guy who runs the show over there to stop by and introduce himself on the forum.
By all means. Personally, I'm looking for training opportunities other than "square ranges". The more sources the better. I would like to hear his plans for future events.

Cobra66
11-15-09, 11:06
Cobra,
I would think that any range that hosts IDPA events might meet your acceptance criteria. http://www.tts-idpa.com/ is very close to you- and me (Shenandoah here). They are hosting a match this weekend. I had planned to go check it out, but have to travel on business. If you go, let me know what you think.

Frank,

I have been to Thunder Range (went there just the other day). It looked like they had a decent IDPA/Action Pistol set up with several lanes set up for it. Unfortunately, it didn't look like they were set up to let "off the street" people come in and shoot on the ranges. The rest of the range was pretty typical of what I have seen in Houston. The rifle line is set up with benches and really does not afford the shooter a chance to shoot from different positions, prone, sitting, kneeling let alone all the crazy positions the Kyle Lamb teaches. They will let you shoot out to 300 yards, but you are limited to bench shooting and anything over 100 yards will cost you extra. The pistol range is one of the nicer I ones I have seen in Houston. It is set up similar to an indoor range with stringers that allow you to run your targets back and forth on. I'm not sure if they would let you shoot multiple targets there or not - didn't ask.

Prices were steep by my standards, but pretty much on par with the rest of Houston's public ranges. About $10 per gun (plus a premium for 200 and 300 yards), that means to go and shoot a rifle and pistol it will run you $20 minimum.

The targets are the things I don't get. They offer green or orange on white rifle sight in targets or white silhouette targets. It is the same thing I have seen at Hotwells, American Shooting Center, and Carter Country. They all seem to be made by the same company and the ranges all have rules prohibiting you from "marking" your target or modifying it (although I don't think they enforce the marking part). You can't bring your own bullseye, IDPA, or any other targets. Shooting a green and white sight-in target at 200 yards with a carbine and iron sights is a loosing proposition (for me at least). Doesn't anyone in Houston shoot National Match?

OK enough complaining. It looks like Hotwells has a good range (the first one you pass when you enter), but I don't think it is open to walk-ins. I think they use it for training classes. They will let LEOs shoot their duty weapons for free (so if you qualify, that is a nice bonus), but their range otherwise is not very conducive to "serious" training (they won't even let you go down range to check your target).

I did go to a range last year that is out East of Lake Houston which seemed a little more relaxed and was a lot more reasonable as far as prices go. It was a heck of a long drive though.

I don't have a "regular" schedule at work (I'm on call) and I try to spend most of my days off away from Houston, but sometimes I'm just sitting around and would love to get together with some folks and do a little training and meet some fellow "tactically minded" shooters. I try and get to the range 2-3 times per month, usually once per month in Houston and the other two times in California (where I belong to a private range).

Perhaps we should just pick a day and meet at one of the local ranges and go from there?

Iraq Ninja
11-15-09, 11:12

Matt is already a member, but doesn't post very often. I am a MAST instructor when I am home on leave. The incident with ASC involved a former MAST instructor who went to the range and was shooting near the area MAST uses. He supposedly was video taping himself shooting. When asked by the staff who he was, he claimed he was with MAST. Even after this was explained to the owner, he would not listen.

I will be home on leave in a few days. I do have something planned with MAST for this Sunday I think. It is a free seminar for anyone who has attended a MAST course this year. I am also trying to get Matt to open it up to those who attended the Magpul course which we sponsored.

Cobra66
11-15-09, 12:08
Forgive me my ignorance, I'm new to the Houston shooting scene, what is MAST :confused:

Iraq Ninja
11-16-09, 01:09
It is a training company. Mast Solutions is the full name.

Well, I talked with Matt (CEO) and he agreed to let anyone who attended the Magpul seminars to attend my class this Sunday.

It will be a half day class covering the theme of "Man vs. Car". We will be going over how to defeat vehicle borne attackers, fighting within a vehicle, how to survive a gunfight when you are in the vehicle, dead driver drills, and much more. This is geared more towards LEO, Mil, and contractors, but anyone interested can attend.

There is no charge, other than a possible 10-20 dollar fee to rent the training location. This is my Xmas gift to our MAST students. There will be NO range firing, but you can bring your weapons and kit. I will also be showing some videos and photos or real world "man vs car" situations from Iraq.

If we have a few slots open, I may open it up for M4C members here as well.

Anyhow, I am off to the airport and will be in Houston on the 18th. Feel free to shoot me an PM for further details.

thopkins22
11-16-09, 10:46
If we have a few slots open, I may open it up for M4C members here as well.

By all means keep us posted...obviously you don't want it getting so large that it takes away from the class, though I for one would be willing to pay.

BTW...the fishing is still good. The bass are running a little deeper and in saltwater the flounder are starting to show up.;)

Iraq Ninja
11-19-09, 06:15
Hey all,

Made in to IAH late last night and ready to rock and roll. I will call Matt later today and get the details. I don't think there will be any problem getting any M4C members in to this course.

I have to confirm the location, but it probably be up by Jones Road and 290 at a fire house training area. It will start at 1300 and run till I get tired, probably around 1700.

I am going to link up with RetreatHell either on Friday or Saturday for the range time at PSC.

big 54r
11-19-09, 08:06
Glad to see you back Iraq Ninja...

I am in the Webster/Galveston area and was at one time going to take a cqb course from you thru Mast but my boss pulled my vacation "chit" from me!

sucked for me!

I haven't got me an upper level AR yet...working on it though, but I am seriously interested in any training in the metro Houston/Galveston area.
I am waiting on an semi custom upper to come in know, pistol caliber though for low cost ammo. (7.62x25!)

Houston/Webster area when I am on leave... Nov 18!

Also, lets note if anyone is a member of a private range.

PSC Range for me.

Iraq Ninja
11-19-09, 08:59
Big54R,

I live in Webster, so don't be a stranger!

thopkins22
11-19-09, 18:18
Glad to hear that you're back safely. If you're headed to PSC tomorrow then by all means let me know.

JeffLester
11-20-09, 12:14
Just moved to Dickinson from Baytown. PSC is my range of choice and am always open to available training opportunities.

thopkins22
11-21-09, 11:42
Just moved to Dickinson from Baytown. PSC is my range of choice and am always open to available training opportunities.

Jeff, we never made it to the range as we'd hoped. Keep me in the loop as I get to PSC as often as I can.

JeffLester
11-24-09, 21:45
Jeff, we never made it to the range as we'd hoped. Keep me in the loop as I get to PSC as often as I can.

Yes, sir... I figure we'll cross paths one of these days. Now that I'm getting settled in the new-to-me house, my range visits can resume soon. I'll keep in touch.

Frank Castle
12-07-09, 09:13
Any local stores with good inventory/prices or does everyone purchase online? I'm in a bit of a time crunch, as I am going on a hunting trip this Thursday and need to pick up some 6.8 SPC mags. I've placed an order with expedited shipping, but I would like to have a back up plan.

Cobra66
12-07-09, 17:22
Any local stores with good inventory/prices or does everyone purchase online? I'm in a bit of a time crunch, as I am going on a hunting trip this Thursday and need to pick up some 6.8 SPC mags. I've placed an order with expedited shipping, but I would like to have a back up plan.

I discovered Operator's Edge which is just North of Rayford/Sawdust on the 45 access road and was very impressed! I'm not sure if they will have any 6.8 but they are quite knowledgeable (and yet rather humble) and most likely could help you out.

If only I had more money..... :(

big 54r
12-08-09, 22:41
You may want to try Texas Tactical Gear (go to their web site for location and phone) or try SOG Armory they have a retail store somewhere around San Felipe.

Don't know if they'll have what you want but worth a try!

Also Talon Arms is in Houston somewhere just don't know much about them.

randolph
12-19-09, 21:38
I just noticed this thread...

I live in west houston but get all over the area...

Longhorn
12-26-09, 15:36
Glad I found this! New to Houston and I've been looking for a place that has good price(s) and is a good place to shoot.

I'm up North (1960/45 area right now until I finish HCSO Jail School) but I don't mind driving one bit as I need to learn more of Houston and I've got Fri's and Sat's off and only use the evenings to study so I need something else to occupy that downtime...

FMF_Doc
12-30-09, 20:54
New Waverly/Conroe area here.......... when I am in Texas.

iFightCrime
12-30-09, 22:46
I am in the northwest Houston/ Cypress area. Always looking for a few shooting partners. Hotwells is in the area but seems to be more crowded these days. Not too far from Shiloh gun range either.

Stay Sharp
Stay Safe

thopkins22
12-31-09, 06:47
Also Talon Arms is in Houston somewhere just don't know much about them.

I know Robert from Talon Arms. They are good to go. Some items will be priced a little high, some items will be bargains. The vast majority of what he carries is quality, any knockoff type product(like the Sig version of the T1,) he has made clear on the website that you are not getting Aimpoint quality.

I have no clue whether or not he has 6.8 mags.

ColdDeadHands
02-12-10, 20:19
checking in. I'm in Magnolia / Waller.

ForTehNguyen
02-16-10, 10:44
SW Houston Alief area, i could possibly be interested

For gear theres a few Top Brass Military Gear stores that opened around town: one near Beltway 8 @ 59, one on westheimer, and one inside 610 on I45, 1960 near Spring. I was at the BW8 @ 59 store couple weeks ago, very nice large store they have there. They have a lot of Blackhawk and 5.11 gear.

http://www.topbrassmilitary.com/

Sry0fcr
02-16-10, 20:17
NW Houston/Willowbrook area here. I've been frequenting Shiloh & Spectre Firearms in Spring-Cypress since they close and friendly.

htxred
02-17-10, 09:41
weather permitting, a few of us (my friends and i) will be going out to impact zone sunday. we normally go on monday which i will p0robably still go.

sadmin
02-17-10, 09:58
Conroe here.
DSG Arms in Dallas is gtg... I order many items online from them.

thopkins22
02-17-10, 22:37
weather permitting, a few of us (my friends and i) will be going out to impact zone sunday. we normally go on monday which i will p0robably still go.

Don't have a membership to Impact Zone(I'd like to get one though.) But if you feel like letting a fellow M4Cer through the gate if you go on monday, I'd like to get out there again.

I'm not the greatest shot, but I'm safe. What little knowledge I have I'm always willing to share.

htxred
02-24-10, 15:54
sorry i didnt see the post in time but i will shoot you my contact info the next time we plan on going.

thopkins22
02-25-10, 11:26
sorry i didnt see the post in time but i will shoot you my contact info the next time we plan on going.

No worries. That sounds great.

bubba04
03-21-10, 23:34
I just found my way to this. I am on the north west side of town off 290 and six. I typcially go to ASC since its close to my work. However have gun will travel for M4C shoots and training....as long as i get a kitchen pass.

ic_guerrero
03-22-10, 00:00
I never knew there was so many people from Houston on this thread. I'm in the willowbrook area of town.

Marco

Jabroni
03-22-10, 00:55
Checking In. Inside 610, West University Area. Up for shootin' usually, too bad I'm always offshore though! :mad: Good to see all of the Houston boys coming together.

thopkins22
03-22-10, 11:50
Checking In. Inside 610, West University Area. Up for shootin' usually, too bad I'm always offshore though! :mad: Good to see all of the Houston boys coming together.

I'm also inside of 610, Camp Logan/Rice Military area next to Memorial Park. Whenever you're up to hit the range let me know, I'm a member at PSC.

htxred
03-28-10, 20:30
Retreathell and i will be out at impact tomorrow, monday the 29th if anyone wants to join us. we're gonna shoot for afternoon around 12ish and hang out til i get a call from the wife.

TwoSqueeze
03-28-10, 22:10
Retreathell and i will be out at impact tomorrow, monday the 29th if anyone wants to join us. we're gonna shoot for afternoon around 12ish and hang out til i get a call from the wife.

Damn, wish I could. I have to work tomorrow. Yall have fun.

-TS

thopkins22
03-28-10, 23:17

Count me in. I'll PM you my cell # in case of any issues.

thopkins22
03-30-10, 10:13
It was great putting some faces to screen names, thanks for the invite. Hopefully it's something we'll be able to do more often.

BTW...my Glock is beyond the point of no return now, if I'm able to achieve results half as good as Retreathell's I'll be very happy.

SURVIVORTYPE
05-08-10, 03:55
anybody looking to shoot sunday afternoon? would like to hit the range with anybody in the houston area that has membership at a facility that allows ball ammo sunday afternoon. hope to meet some new people to train with. stay safe.

transition2secondary
05-11-10, 20:37
Guys,

Just found this thread.

I'm in the Conroe area and typically head over to Gun Emporium in Conroe on Sat. or Sun. each week for range time. Anybody interested in meeting up for some practice, let me know.

Anybody ever make it out to Impact Zone for their 3 gun? Worth going?

ranburr
05-26-10, 21:38
Pasadena here, Impact Zone is really the only place worth going anymore.

htxred
08-11-10, 22:49
any of you guys here shoot the monthly 3 gun match at impact zone hosted by WHIDPA?

im trying to get the idea of round count and generally how far out does the carbine shoots go.

VanceW
10-02-10, 03:33
I'm new here and thought I'd throw my name in the hat.

I'm in the Dickinson area and do most of my shooting at Clear Creek.

ForTehNguyen
10-02-10, 11:18
I signed up for the handgun class in CS, not the carbine class tho, its full.

NealtheDestroyer
11-22-10, 09:19
Add one more to the BCS area. I know its not houston but we dont have much here besides the Brasosland Pistoleros and Id like to get an IDPA group going.

big 54r
04-11-11, 21:26
If any members are still members at PSC in Friendswood...I hope to be a member come May 23.

I would love to meet up with those that shoot/train there so I could get to know some of you and suck up some of your training.:p I need it bad as I haven't been able to shoot in a very long time because of some very severe tennis elbow.

Shooting is said to be a perishable skill and I can certainly attest to that!:D

give me a holla

apopheus
04-11-11, 21:30
I am just north of you guys in the Bryan/College Station area, but I make it to Houston frequently--and was born/raised there. I'm new to ARs and will be purchasing my first soon, so I'll be looking for training opportunities in the area.

Ironman8
04-11-11, 21:54
Hey guys,

I'm in the Friendswood/Clear Lake area...no memberships anywhere tho...

If any of you guys are looking for training classes in the Houston Area, there is MAST Solutions based out of the CL area. They've been around for a while, and I've taken about 4 courses with them and can honestly say its great training! They are priced competitively as well.

If you want more info on classes, let me know an I'll hook you up with the owners email address.

Also, there is a class this weekend for those interested...I have it posted in the link below (two posts down)

big 54r
04-11-11, 21:58
Hey Ironman shoot me a pm with info on this class...I have talked to Matt in the past and would like to touch base again as I am feeling better and am looking for some carbine/pistol training.

I did not know that Mast had moved down to Clear Lake.

oops...guess I better search the training announcements for the info....

Ironman8
04-11-11, 22:01
Big 54r,

The class this weekend that I posted an announcement about can be found here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=78239

I responded to another poster in that thread with Matt's email

Ironman8
04-11-11, 22:04
Lol no worries Big...just posted the link for you. And yeah I just talked to Matt today and found out he moved down here...the company address may still be Katy tho...I dunno.

Radioflyer
04-19-11, 00:01
Long time pistol shooter, but new to the AR world. I'd love to find an area where long gun shoot-and-move tactics are practiced.

I'm a Houstonian a few days each week, been here about a year and still trying to get my bearings.

Would love to meet fellow shooters as well as maybe do some training.

As of yet, I have not found a decent range in all of Houston. Apart from slack jawed yokels who seem to pass as RSOs to the outrageous range fees to the fact that you can't even use quality targets to the fact that it seems that no one has discovered the concept of the target stand, I have been sadly disappointed in the ranges here in Houston. I won't even dare to dream about falling plates and pepper poppers.

Maybe one of you guys can point me in the right direction? I live in the Woodlands area.

Spring Guns and Ammo just opened their second indoor range. They also have IDPA on Monday nights to satisfy your "outside the box" needs.

I discovered Operator's Edge which is just North of Rayford/Sawdust on the 45 access road and was very impressed! I'm not sure if they will have any 6.8 but they are quite knowledgeable (and yet rather humble) and most likely could help you out.

If only I had more money..... :(

Good guys there. They helped me build my SA 1911 V10

ranburr
05-12-11, 16:12
I
If any of you guys are looking for training classes in the Houston Area, there is MAST Solutions based out of the CL area. They've been around for a while, and I've taken about 4 courses with them and can honestly say its great training! They are priced competitively as well.
If you want more info on classes, let me know an I'll hook you up with the owners email address. interested...I have it posted in the link below (two posts down)

I thought the hotdog salesman had been banned from every range out there. Where are they doing their training now? You should really look at some other instructors if you think mast is great training.

WEC
05-12-11, 16:54
Checking in. I live inside the loop. Member of Impact Zone and I try to go at least once a week. PM me if anyone wants to tag along or possibly trade an IZ-PSC outing - I really want to take my SPR to 700 yards!

I have probably run into one or more of you guys at IZ and just haven't put the face to the screen name.

Good shooting,
Will

thopkins22
05-13-11, 10:22
Checking in. I live inside the loop. Member of Impact Zone and I try to go at least once a week. PM me if anyone wants to tag along or possibly trade an IZ-PSC outing - I really want to take my SPR to 700 yards!

I'm also inside the loop and shoot at both Impact and PSC...but if you want to shoot at 700 you're SOL at both places.

Ironman8
05-23-11, 20:25
For those of you interested....

MAST Solutions - Houston, TX - Tactical Rifle: 0-100m - June 11-12, 2011

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81655

adh
05-25-11, 19:43
For those of you interested....

MAST Solutions - Houston, TX - Tactical Rifle: 0-100m - June 11-12, 2011

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81655

F*^k, I'm out of town....training courses rarely come to San Antonio and I've been thinking of making the trek to H town for a class....I really need to attend one (actually many)

Ironman8
06-01-11, 08:38
F*^k, I'm out of town....training courses rarely come to San Antonio and I've been thinking of making the trek to H town for a class....I really need to attend one (actually many)

adh,

Sorry for the delay. Alot of the MAST classes have recently been held at a private range just south of Columbus, so a little closer for you than driving all the way to Houston.

I'll continue to post classes when I get them.

You can also email Matthew Brockmann at matthew@mastsolutions.com. He can put you on the email list to get class updates.

Ironman8
06-01-11, 08:38
Plenty of spots still open guys...

adh
06-05-11, 00:31
adh,

Sorry for the delay. Alot of the MAST classes have recently been held at a private range just south of Columbus, so a little closer for you than driving all the way to Houston.

I'll continue to post classes when I get them.

You can also email Matthew Brockmann at matthew@mastsolutions.com. He can put you on the email list to get class updates.

Thanks....mail outbound

Ironman8
06-26-11, 14:57
Hey Guys,

Here is the link (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=83790) to an AAR for the MAST 0-100 Carbine Class earlier this month.

If you have any questions about it, fire away.

Ironman8
07-06-11, 19:01
Hey guys here's another training opportunity (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=84433) with MAST Solutions. Its a shoothouse with force on force training. Should be a good time! :D

Det-Sog
08-04-11, 09:10
Inner loop.

PSC range.

Jason Falla
08-04-11, 17:32
G'day fella's.

I thought that I would chime in here to let all of the Houston, TX shooters know that Redback One is looking to host a Tactical Carbine course in your area of operations!

If anyone is in direct contact with a suitable range that will facilitate a tactical training course we would very much like to know.

We have one of our staff members permanently located in the Houston Metro area and we can link him up with any range POC's at short notice.

If you would like more information on our training or have POC details, please send a PM to discuss.

We look forward to coming back out to Texas for training!

Cobra66
08-04-11, 21:22
G'day fella's.

I thought that I would chime in here to let all of the Houston, TX shooters know that Redback One is looking to host a Tactical Carbine course in your area of operations!

If anyone is in direct contact with a suitable range that will facilitate a tactical training course we would very much like to know.

We have one of our staff members permanently located in the Houston Metro area and we can link him up with any range POC's at short notice.

If you would like more information on our training or have POC details, please send a PM to discuss.

We look forward to coming back out to Texas for training!

I'm now out of the AO, but Thunder Range (North of Houston) has several ranges that would be suitable.

Please keep this thread updated on time and date as I would love to fly out for a class.

allencp78
08-29-11, 02:03
I am very interested in a Basic carbine course.

I am a member of PSC Range. Though I don't think the board there is too keen on outside instructors in their sandbox, it can't hurt to ask.

thopkins22
08-29-11, 10:48
I am a member of PSC Range. Though I don't think the board there is too keen on outside instructors in their sandbox, it can't hurt to ask.

I've been a member there for years, and I feel confident saying that it'll never happen.

Ironman8
08-29-11, 12:19

Stay tuned. I work with MAST Solutions here in Houston, and post up classes when we have them. We should have a Level 1 Carbine/Handgun pretty soon. Also, if you want, email Matt Brockmann @ matthew@mastsolutions.com if you want to be added to the email list for class updates.

ZoomByU
09-23-11, 14:42
I'm in Tomball but work in the city in acres homes on overnights. Someone shoot me an invite next time they go to impact zone I'd love to check it out.

Nightgunner
09-23-11, 16:25
Glad I found this. I live over in Liberty and am looking for classes for the Wife, 16 yr old son, and myself. Being former Field Artillery for many years prior to 9/11, small arms proficiency wasn't a big deal. We are wanting basic courses for tactical Pistol and Carbine.

Dec. would be the earliest due to current injury (Broken Leg). Any info would be great. We have a small family owned range here that would allow it, but at an Hour+ from Down Town Houston, it would not work for many people.

Ironman8
09-23-11, 19:48
Glad I found this. I live over in Liberty and am looking for classes for the Wife, 16 yr old son, and myself. Being former Field Artillery for many years prior to 9/11, small arms proficiency wasn't a big deal. We are wanting basic courses for tactical Pistol and Carbine.

Dec. would be the earliest due to current injury (Broken Leg). Any info would be great. We have a small family owned range here that would allow it, but at an Hour+ from Down Town Houston, it would not work for many people.

PM Sent :D

big 54r
09-26-11, 11:56

Definitely not gonna happen at PSC...i'm a member also.

Ironman8
10-07-11, 20:06
Hey guys,

Sorry for the late notice, but here is a class being put on by MAST Solutions/Paradigm SRP: Carbie Operator (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=90406)

The class is at 50% capacity, so act quick if you are interested!

PM me if you are interested or have questions.

Ironman8
11-09-11, 13:05
MAST Solutions / Paradigm SRP training date

19th November 2011

Curriculum: Shoothouse~ Low-light 101 home consideration

$195.00 per person. Parties of two or more receive 15% off

Send e-mail to hold your slot. To request payment address or for general questions e-mail to matthew@mastsolutions.com

Class expectation:: To understand and achieve the desired training effect of low-light and CQC. An underestimated environment is provided to test your abilities in a persuasive manor and exploit your responsiveness under duress.

A program for the individual, families, friends of like mind, or groups to simulate heart-pounding, intellect intense, and dynamic active shooter curriculum. We use Airsoft for shooter safety, and the ability to work in close proximity with students. Please bring your own Airsoft gun or one you pick up as we will only have a few available.

The structure provides you with a “complete” 2-story house to learn and engage in with airsoft for shooter safety and max training efficiency. Such things as furniture, closets, stairs, multiple rooms with adjacent rooms, light switches, and attic helps provide the realism.

Low-light Shoot-house Curriculum

Test decision making under duress
Increase your survival probabilities under low-light conditions
Principles of light and movement
Light selection and application
Levels of response
Rapid search- from point A to point B
Clearing
Hold-up positioning

NO FIREARMS WILL BE PERMITTED ON YOUR PERSON. WE WILL CHECK IN ALL PERSONAL FIREARMS AND TRIPLE CHECK DURING THE SAFETY BRIEF. If you are seen handling ANY firearm for any reason AT ANYTIME you will be asked to leave. A locked secure area will be provided for your carry.

Additional information will be provided during registration.

Requirements for class:

CHL or letter from Local Law enforcement of good standing. MAST/Paradigm SRP has the right to run a Texas Background Check at any time.
Flashlights ***bring what you have on your night stand, mounted to your gun and back-ups
Long shirt ** able to wear over
pants
paintball mask
additional eye protection
Airsoft Gun
Green gas

TexasAggies
12-03-11, 19:02
When is the next MAST class being held?

May have to swing by if Im not on duty.

jared91
12-04-11, 13:40
houstonian as well, soon to be member of bayou rifles. i can shoot, just no experiance with running and gunning and/or tactics. would love to come out and watch and learn

Neurobit
06-29-12, 15:31
^^^ +1

I'm in Houston also and would be interested about this as well.

Thanks,
Neurobit

gnp2002
07-09-12, 17:30
I'm a Houston member as well who would also like to join a local group to train together.

kittyhawk
10-12-12, 12:26
I am moving back to the Humble area in the next month or two. PCS orders just got approved!!!!!!!! WHOOO!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to getting out of Northern Virginia and getting some more range time in and some training.

Dave

Hizzie
10-08-13, 19:26
Just north of Houston.

matemike
10-08-13, 20:14
Haven't seen this thread in a while.

I live near Houston. "Land of pears" actually.

I'm also looking for some carbine courses. I did some classes with 360tactical and had a blast. I surprised myself by doing well on some aspects, and failed terribly at others. I want to learn so much more. I just haven't found the next level course to match my work schedule.

I saw a mention of Bayou Rifles...I've been a member since 2011. Who else goes to the juliff range?

jared91
10-08-13, 20:28
Haven't seen this thread in a while.

I live near Houston. "Land of pears" actually.

I'm also looking for some carbine courses. I did some classes with 360tactical and had a blast. I surprised myself by doing well on some aspects, and failed terribly at others. I want to learn so much more. I just haven't found the next level course to match my work schedule.

I saw a mention of Bayou Rifles...I've been a member since 2011. Who else goes to the juliff range?

Howdy from the land of pears as well. Specifically silverlake

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

srsbiz
10-09-13, 00:32
Sugar Land right here.
Didn't know about Bayou Rifles.. Too bad I'm probably gonna be moving sometime next year for school. =[

Mate
10-02-14, 14:54
Hey dudes, I started a page on FB to be able to disseminate information about upcoming classes for those in Houston and the surrounding areas. Or hell, anyone in Texas. I'm tired of finding out about classes too late, or not having any instructors roll through our neck of the woods. I'm hoping that with a large enough group we can persuade some instructors to head our way. We've already got Pannone, TRICON, SouthNarc, HiTS, Dark Angel, and McNamara heading our way next year. I don't earn any money from this. I'm doing this solely for the love of training and helping others. The FB page is Houston Area Training Group. Come join us and contribute. I'm hoping to shoot/train/hang with more of ya'll in the future. If we get a large enough group we can work with the instructors to hold private classes or classes outside of what are already listed.

Thanks,
Mate Standard

K1tt3n5
10-22-15, 19:20
This city sucks for shooting.

Hey dudes, I started a page on FB to be able to disseminate information about upcoming classes for those in Houston and the surrounding areas. Or hell, anyone in Texas. I'm tired of finding out about classes too late, or not having any instructors roll through our neck of the woods. I'm hoping that with a large enough group we can persuade some instructors to head our way. We've already got Pannone, TRICON, SouthNarc, HiTS, Dark Angel, and McNamara heading our way next year. I don't earn any money from this. I'm doing this solely for the love of training and helping others. The FB page is Houston Area Training Group. Come join us and contribute. I'm hoping to shoot/train/hang with more of ya'll in the future. If we get a large enough group we can work with the instructors to hold private classes or classes outside of what are already listed.

Thanks,
Mate Standard

couldn't find your group.

Hammered_Pair
03-20-17, 20:10
Is there any life in this group?

Haven't really been to the ranges here in Houston, used to shoot at Shooter's Station in Conroe, but mostly shot on State ranges for work but now I that I live in Houston I need to find somewhere good in the area.

bermise
04-30-17, 07:19
Is there any life in this group?

Haven't really been to the ranges here in Houston, used to shoot at Shooter's Station in Conroe, but mostly shot on State ranges for work but now I that I live in Houston I need to find somewhere good in the area.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been told Impact Zone is a good place to join but I haven't been out there yet.

echo5whiskey
12-25-18, 20:44
Hey y'all. So, I'm not in Houston, but I have access to a private range in Beaumont where I can bring guests. We might be able to make a Saturday of it, if any of y'all are interested. I know it's a drive, but thought maybe a good day of shooting might be worth it.

thopkins22
12-25-18, 22:21
I’d be in. I’m out of state for Christmas and then I’m covering football through the national championship though. So if it’s after that definitely keep me in mind.

echo5whiskey
01-03-19, 21:37
I’d be in. I’m out of state for Christmas and then I’m covering football through the national championship though. So if it’s after that definitely keep me in mind.

Well, shoot, looks like it's us. If you want to swing down, let me know. I've got a small group with whom I train, we'll get a range day going.