PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with a PS90?

ShipWreck
03-02-07, 08:06
Am I the only one?

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/PS90/PS90-76.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/PS90/ps90-9.jpg

Business_Casual
03-02-07, 08:16
If you shoot someone with that thing they're going to be really angry. ;)

j/k - how do you like the EO Tech on it? Does it work pretty well?

M_P

fivepointoh
03-02-07, 08:38
I've always thought the 90's were cool (going back to the Counterstrike days :D ) but there's no way I could afford the ammo b/c I would not want it to just sit in the safe...Beatufiul rifle bro and I bet she shoots like a dream.

SinnFéinM1911
03-02-07, 09:49
Yea, I got a bunch of them... but much shorter bbls !

Dport
03-02-07, 10:28
I have one. I love taking it out to the range when I get the chance to go.

I don't play counterstrike, but I do remember reading about the .224BOZ in the mid90s and remember reading some gun rag's article on the P90 in the summer of 1997. That was 3 years into the ban and I never thought I'd get a chance to own one. When they became available last year, I went out of my way to get one. To me, it's not a matter if the round has uberballistic performance. It is a symbol of the AWB and its sunset, and a reminder to never let it happen again.

Shihan
03-02-07, 14:11
I have one I love the sucker. Ammo isnt bad you can find it retail for around 17.50 a box of 50. If you look at good 5.56 ammo going for around 7 or 8 bucks a box its the same price.

JoshNC
03-02-07, 14:44
I have one and am planning on filling out the form-1 to register it as an SBR. I think it is a really cool addition to the collection, but I don't really consider it something I'd use for a first line go-to gun. That being said, they are just too cool to not pick one up.

ShipWreck
03-02-07, 20:32
If you shoot someone with that thing they're going to be really angry. ;)

j/k - how do you like the EO Tech on it? Does it work pretty well?

M_P

I love the EOtech on it. I will admit that the stock sight is garbage. But the EOtech is awesome :)

This is the only rifle I own, and I am very satisfied with it. I find it much more ergonomic to hold than an AR or other rifle. I like having my left hand (off hand) so close to my body when holding it. It feels more natural to me.

Ammo isn't that bad - $18-$20 per box. And, this isn't plinking ammo - it is high quality stuff. High Quality AR ammo will cost U as much or more. I saw some hi quality 223 Remington ammo at Academy for $12 per box of 20.

Now, the Five-Seven pistol - I could never justify the ammo cost - but for the rifle, it isn't bad. And, there are all sorts of opinions on the ammo. I read a magazine article recently, and a guy talked about his personal ballistic tests w/ his PS90. I have confidence in the round and would have no problem using one for self defense.

I've also seen some pics of a guy deer hunting with one.