PDA

View Full Version : KAC triple tap

GreglFaggins
11-03-09, 15:03
Aside from the fact that they just look really cool, what is the major advantage of these brakes? I mean really, they are expensive by anyone's standards. Just curious.

http://www.operationparts.com/v/vspfiles/photos/25683-2T.jpg

Titleist
11-03-09, 15:06
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=31280&highlight=triple

FR0GMAN
11-03-09, 15:09
Here is a quote about the Triple Tap from Chris Costa

The Break? One of the reasons this system works for me is because it does have a different impulse feeling to the weapon, which allows me to follow up shot's faster. Now AAC/PWC/Surefire breaks work well to, however they are built different, have a different impulse, and also have a different affect to the surrounding area/personnel, but are somewhat close to the same affect on managing recoil. The side blast from those breaks when working around others is horrendous, If you get close to the ground prone, or urban prone you can even char grass or make a divot in the ground due to the blast, more important is off of concrete it will cause the gun to actually recoil further off target because it cannot jet out of the break equally. It requires a certain radius to jet equally like when you're standing up, the break jet's equally on both sides, but on the ground it will not. For the application of being a faster shooter the above do work good, but for a tactical application they don't compare to the KAC.

At Night all breaks do flash so you want a break that you can suppress. How big your flash is will depend and vary on ammo, barrel length and gas length. My SR-15 E-3 16 inch doesn't flash much at night, but my SR-16 E-3 11.5 does, the difference is barrel, and carbine gas system VS slightly longer than mid-length can play a major role. Also take into consideration my comments are based on me using MIL ammo only. I have run my shorty indoors and it is fine, I do get a little flash but not enough to even cause a hesitation or problem engaging others. As for teammates the way the KAC is designed the side blast is not the same as some of the other vendors listed, which means I can run the KAC break in most situations except at night. At night I run a CAN and the problem is solved. I have shot the KAC break in the above positions and it does disturb the ground but not to the point where I have to pause in my shooting like with other breaks. I think the best attributes of the KAC is the ability to not kick the guys ass next to you, shoot from every modern improvised position, and be faster on target as long as you also posses the ability to drive your gun. When you combine technique and good gear that is the ultimate combination. I'm not saying our shooting technique is for everyone, but if you understand the mechanic's and combine those mechanics with something like this break you will get great results down range.

Is $437 right for you, that is your call based on your gun, finances, needs VS wants, and also your ability to shoot technique wise.

In the end no thread is going to convince you to spend your coin, go with your gut and don't second guess yourself. Remember you can drive a KIA hard and take it to a certain point of failure, you can drive a M5 BMW to a further point of failure because of it's design etc. But in the end you still have to understand the fundamentals of driving in order to get the max use out of any car or any system.

"Charlie Mike"
Costa

GreglFaggins
11-03-09, 15:26
Someone mentioned in that thread having to buy a new cutter for every one of these, was that just sarcasm or are they made out of that tough of a metal? I can see where that would make it more expensive.

Titleist
11-03-09, 15:37
It requires wire EDM'ing on a good portion of it. And it's a tough material. I'm sure you could email KevinB, but the machine work is damn intricate.

http://lawndartdesign.com/guns/Triple_01.jpg

Belmont31R
11-03-09, 17:57
Ive used one for the past 2-3 months.

It does tame recoil and muzzle rise. Blast was more than an A2 but less than your typical comps like the Surefire (had that too). You can shoot it next to people without rocking their brains. Very little muzzle movement doing drills, and its way easy to stay on target.

Downside is the cost, and its not a flash hider. On mine the flash was daytime visible. No idea at night but it would be heinous. On my 11.5" I had to put gloves on because the blast on my fingers was sharp.

I sold mine because there is better uses I could put the money to, and since I do not have a can for use at night it serves me little purpose for a "fighting gun". If I ever had to shoot at night Id probably be blinded. I believe Costa says he would put a can on at night which is not an option for me right now. If I were rich Id hang onto it but when you are working with a limited gun budget its not something Im keeping onto.

Its a very niche item thats uses fit within a narrow window.

hkhunter
11-03-09, 18:13
they are in stock at

http://www.operationparts.com/KAC_KNIGHTS_ARMAMENT_SR15_PDW_MUZZLE_BREAK_INCONEL_p/25683.htm

as of right now there are only 6 left.

vicious_cb
11-03-09, 18:14
Are these the new coated ones?

SykoFreak
11-03-09, 18:16
If I'm not mistaken, it's made of Inconel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inconel), which is the same alloy used in the blast baffle of several suppressors.

Biggy
11-03-09, 18:33
I think the T T may be the best (all around) comp/brake right now, and the most expensive one . I believe the next run of these brakes will not have the shiny finish but a more subdued gray/tan one. I have heard that the muzzle flash isn't to bad at night using a 14-16" barrel, depending on what ammo you are using. Does anyone have any Pics to verify the above statement. I am on a list to get another one from the next run.

Titleist
11-03-09, 18:38
It's not bad on a 16" barrel, no more than a PWS brake. On my 11.5 it's pretty nasty.

http://lawndartdesign.com/guns/Fireball.jpg

jahwarrior1423
11-03-09, 21:30
Didnt take long for those to sell out from that website. Those 6 took less than an hour.

Al U. 5811
11-03-09, 22:44
Contact Grant about one.

Biggy
11-04-09, 11:18
I just ordered a Triple Tap from Casey at "Lawmens". They now have a black finish.

Mate
11-04-09, 12:27
With regular 55 gr ammo the blast isnt so bad. 62 gr green tip was a different story. It was like a flashbang going off everytime you pulled the trigger. The gun is an 11.5" BCM.

Retreathell and me found this out monday night. When that first round of green tip went off I thought the gun had blown up in his hands or something.

d90king
11-04-09, 12:33
I just ordered a Triple Tap from Casey at "Lawmens". They now have a black finish.

Does it cost any less?

They look great, I just cant justify the cost for my application.:mad:

Biggy
11-04-09, 16:18
The cost on the new black finish ones are the same. I can justify the cost for my application.

KimberMike
11-07-09, 13:51
Does anybody have any experience or information about this particualr brake?

http://www.impactguns.com/store/AR15-N-COMP.html

It looks just like the Triple Tap, but its not KAC and seems to be CNCed from "normal" steel as opposed to the "super" steel that KAC uses. It is also about half the cost.

Mike

Belmont31R
11-07-09, 14:18
Does anybody have any experience or information about this particualr brake?

http://www.impactguns.com/store/AR15-N-COMP.html

It looks just like the Triple Tap, but its not KAC and seems to be CNCed from "normal" steel as opposed to the "super" steel that KAC uses. It is also about half the cost.

Mike

Looks like airsoft to me....and looking to cash in on the real TT (and pricing).

I know someone on another board posted pictures of fakes already out there.

Robb Jensen
11-07-09, 14:20
Fake KAC Triple Taps.....damn what is this world coming too?

KimberMike
11-07-09, 14:20
I agree with you that they are trying to cash in on KAC's design and the current desire for such products, but it doesn't seem to be airsoft. At least I hope it isn't for that kind of money.

Mike

Belmont31R
11-07-09, 14:23
Fake KAC Triple Taps.....damn what is this world coming too?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/0209-knights-type-flash-hider-p-1167.html

Belmont31R
11-07-09, 14:33
I agree with you that they are trying to cash in on KAC's design and the current desire for such products, but it doesn't seem to be airsoft. At least I hope it isn't for that kind of money.

Mike

Not saying it is...just looks like it is. They also don't list a manf'r that I can see.

Thats a lot of coin for an "unknown" make of unknown quality that is a clear copy of something else....

Stickman
11-07-09, 14:56
Nice to see that someone ripped off KAC yet again, and so quickly.... :rolleyes:

When a company isn't will to say who the manufacturer is, it sets the tone for the quality of the item.

hkhunter
11-07-09, 18:19
wow, someone is stepping on someone's patent! I for one have never had good experiences with Impactguns.com, but that's just me. if it was for a airsoft it wouldn't work on a real gun as airsoft is 14mm+/- and real guns are 1/2"- 28 RH/LH. quote from Impactguns "At a recent competition- 1st, 2nd and 4th place shooters were using this brake." I wonder what type of metal it's made out off? its seems a bit costly! I'm sure it works, but is it legal? will KAC be filing lawsuit?

Robb Jensen
11-07-09, 22:03
wow, someone is stepping on someone's patent! I for one have never had good experiences with Impactguns.com, but that's just me. if it was for a airsoft it wouldn't work on a real gun as airsoft is 14mm+/- and real guns are 1/2"- 28 RH/LH. quote from Impactguns "At a recent competition- 1st, 2nd and 4th place shooters were using this brake." I wonder what type of metal it's made out off? its seems a bit costly! I'm sure it works, but is it legal? will KAC be filing lawsuit?

I'm hoping KAC files suit that's just a straight rip off.