PDA

View Full Version : A question

jjlackner
11-03-09, 17:41
I am new to this site and building AR rifles. I am familiar with the use of firearms and want to start building some of my own. I just purchased a stripped ROGGIO lower RA-15 cal MULTI. I initially wanted to construct a .223 cal rifle but was curious as to what I can build from this lower. I am interested in 9mm (SBR), .308, and 6.8 SPC. Is the build limited to the lower receiver? Would the trigger group be the same for all? Any assistance in the area is greatly appreciated. I am learning to navigate my way around the site here but it is overwhelming with all of the information. If my questions can or have been answered somewhere on the site, i apologize as I am still jumping from post to post. Thanks for the help!!!

Belmont31R
11-03-09, 17:48
I am new to this site and building AR rifles. I am familiar with the use of firearms and want to start building some of my own. I just purchased a stripped ROGGIO lower RA-15 cal MULTI. I initially wanted to construct a .223 cal rifle but was curious as to what I can build from this lower. I am interested in 9mm (SBR), .308, and 6.8 SPC. Is the build limited to the lower receiver? Would the trigger group be the same for all? Any assistance in the area is greatly appreciated. I am learning to navigate my way around the site here but it is overwhelming with all of the information. If my questions can or have been answered somewhere on the site, i apologize as I am still jumping from post to post. Thanks for the help!!!

1. No Go on the 308 with that lower. They have their own lowers and uppers.

2. 6.8 and 9mm would be ok. They use different mags, and for 9mm you need a block in the mag well to accept the 9mm mags.

3. For 5.56/223 you can build just about anything you want on that lower.

4. For your 1st AR I would not build it yourself....you could build the lower up but I would recommend against doing the upper. The LPK (lower parts kit) is easy to install as is the buffer tube. Just read some tutorials, and go slow.

5. Use the proper tools.

6. Do lots of reading and scan the pic threads to get an idea of what you want.

7. Don't skimp in the AR world. There is not much of a price difference between quality and crap. Magpul, Bravo Co, LMT, Colt, LaRue, Knights, Noveske and a few others all make good quality stuff. Just my personal opinion here but Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, Model 1, Del-Ton type stuff is best avoided. Not that their stuff hasnt worked before but they are not that much cheaper than the better stuff, and you pay for what you get.

8. Don't be afraid to ask questions....:cool:

Serpico1985
11-04-09, 12:55
I put together a stripped lower and LPK solo. It wasn't bad at all, just a little time consuming since I didn't purchase the "nice to have" blocks and other special tools that make it go easier and quicker. Putting a lower together is pretty much plug and play. I would not, on the other hand, attempt a upper build solo, even with all the right tools. Just my .02

Good luck