PDA

View Full Version : OKCGC pistol training Thurs or Fri?

Josh-L
11-03-09, 18:07
I'm gonna go out to the club around 1pm or so one of these days and do some pistol stuff if anyone wants to join me.

bratch
11-03-09, 21:43
I think I could do Friday at 1pm, need to double check but I'm pretty sure the wife is going to Norman so I should be free.

I need to verify zero on my 6.8 before season starts so that'd work too.

LOKNLOD
11-03-09, 21:43
Man, this is my working Friday.

ETA: Although I did work on my off friday last week, maybe I can pull some strings...and do some time-clock horse-trading.

BTW, Josh I haven't forgotten about what we were talking about, just been slammed at work.

Another thought: I think there's a pistol match Saturday, so they might be out there setting up (and in the way of actual shooting).

Josh-L
11-04-09, 12:56
Crap I forgot about them setting up.

LOKNLOD
11-04-09, 13:08
Crap I forgot about them setting up.

The club would be a really great place if it had no other members.... ;)

Of course the dues would be really expensive!

Josh-L
11-04-09, 20:46
Well me and doc Todd will be out there tomorrow around 1pm. I will have a bunch of FAST targets to shoot!

LOKNLOD
11-04-09, 21:41
I tried the FAST a few times, I think it's a good gauge, but easy to over-game if you do it too much at once.

Todd's got some slick printable dot torture targets on his site, they're pretty useful for a quick range trip.

bratch
11-04-09, 21:53
Let me know what you figure out on the class. I had planned on going to Memphis to take it in January but a local class would be a better option.

Josh-L
11-05-09, 21:22
Perfect weather today!

We did dot torture and the FAST drill. I was humbled after we were done. I dropped 9 shots on the dot torture for a 41 out of 50. Todd dropped 19! He's mister speedy though and would have done better if he'd just slow down. We both averaged in the 7 to 9 second range on the FAST which was considered "intermediate". It is much harder than I thought it would be. We also shot some urban prone with pistols under my Jeep that I got some video of and will post later!

LOKNLOD
11-05-09, 21:29
Awesome! Wish I could have made it, didn't get home till 7 tho :(

Next Friday should be my off Friday, if anyone wants to start planning ahead...

Josh-L
11-06-09, 00:32
I'm a movie making newb but I tried...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/aotactical/th_UrbanPronePistol1.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/aotactical/?action=view&current=UrbanPronePistol1.flv)

What's funny is both Todd and I hit it on our second shot the first attempt but when I broke the Flip Vid out we suck it up... lol.