PDA

View Full Version : Ever get a new Aimpoint and it was inop?

FN in MT
11-03-09, 21:36
Just got a new Aimpoint ML3 from La Rue with mount. Can't get the AimPoint to turn on. Used the supplied battery ... NO go.

Took the battery out of my ML3 which works fine on my AR ...... still NO GO.

Dang!! I thought these guys were nearly bulletproof?

FN in MT

UPDATE.... Called La Rue Tactical this morning and they suggested Aimpoints Tech guy John. Told John the ML3 wouldn't turn on...everything looked fine....battery was OK etc. Apparently Aimpoint has had a few problems lately with ONLY the ML3 sight.

Either the cap assembly is out of spec or the O-Ring is too thick. To check for proper operation all one needs to do is turn on the sight to a bright setting, then PUSH the battery in with a finger....the sight should operate normally. Mine did. John took my address and is sending a new cap assy out today.

He said they were puzzled as the ML3 is apparently the only sight with issues....and it is only a small number of sights.

Simply wanted to pass on that both LRT and Aimpoint were VERY interested in taking care of the problem....typical for first rate companies.

Sorry if my original post broke Rule #4. I should have worded it differently. I was looking for some ideas more than to denegrate either LRT or Aimpoint.

FN in MT

Abraxas
11-03-09, 21:42
Just got a new Aimpoint ML3 from La Rue with mount. Can't get the AimPoint to turn on. Used the supplied battery ... NO go.

Took the battery out of my ML3 which works fine on my AR ...... still NO GO.

Dang!! I thought these guys were nearly bulletproof?

FN in MT

It is always a possibility to get a lemon no matter what you are buying. When you go with quality name brands you lessen the odds but they are still there. Any manufacturer/retailer worth their salt will make it right if you do happen across a lemon.

Jdrimm
11-03-09, 21:51
It is always a possibility to get a lemon no matter what you are buying

What he said! I once received 167 new M68's(Comp M2), and had to repair the battery compartments in three of them. They survived sixteen months of hard abuse, afterwards.

SHIVAN
11-03-09, 21:55
Two quality vendors to contact for help on this issue. LaRue or Aimpoint. Please contact them and get it resolved.

Sorry but this thread violates rule #4 of this forum.

Edit: Originator of the thread contacted Aimpoint Tech Support. He will be along to relay solution information.

Thanks