PDA

View Full Version : Hey Magpul, when are you gonna get to work and make us a VFG?

combatvet
03-02-07, 16:14
We all know that all you guys at Magpul do is party.:D But when are you going to get to work and make a serious VFG to match all of your other cool must have accessories?

Stickman
03-02-07, 22:00
Thats a question that has been asked of them quite often, however, with everything else on their plate, I hope its a long way off. I would rather see them bring the Masada, PMAGs, and UBR online first, as well as a few of the other goodies they are working on.

baffle Stack
03-03-07, 14:32
Thats a question that has been asked of them quite often, however, with everything else on their plate, I hope its a long way off. I would rather see them bring the Masada, PMAGs, and UBR online first, as well as a few of the other goodies they are working on.

You are so cryptic sometimes:p

DrDrake
03-03-07, 17:19
Nailed it.

AR-15A3
03-03-07, 18:25
Magpul already have a VFG now.

http://www.armsmounts.com/viewimg.php?item_id=28&image=picture
A.R.M.S. #23™ QD Throw Lever Pistol Grip + Magpul MIAD grip = Magpul VFG :cool:

http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=28

tikkafan
03-03-07, 19:52
There's already too many good ones. I don' think there is a point to Magpul making one. What could they improve?

combatvet
03-03-07, 21:26
There's already too many good ones. I don' think there is a point to Magpul making one. What could they improve?

I disagree.

Magpul could really corner the market with a good VFG. Right now the main choices are TangoDown and Dieter, we need a viable alternative from them (maybe a QD). They already make the best stock, pistol grip, etc. Now we need a VFG to match the CTR/UBR, Miad, rail covers. If you'll build it they will come..........................We just need to let them know there is a demand for it.

rob_s
03-04-07, 04:35
What, specifically, do you think needs improving?

C4IGrant
03-04-07, 07:12
I disagree.

Magpul could really corner the market with a good VFG. Right now the main choices are TangoDown and Dieter, we need a viable alternative from them (maybe a QD). They already make the best stock, pistol grip, etc. Now we need a VFG to match the CTR/UBR, Miad, rail covers. If you'll build it they will come..........................We just need to let them know there is a demand for it.

Falcon Industries DOES make a QD VG and it works very well.

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4275&storeid=1&image=ergohdhvfg.gif&CFID=1903633&CFTOKEN=16293076

C4

Robb Jensen
03-04-07, 07:16
Grant,
I've thought of getting one of those in foliage green for my LMT. Does it lock down solidly? I'm always leary of levers unless their made by Larue.

C4IGrant
03-04-07, 07:20
Grant,
I've thought of getting one of those in foliage green for my LMT. Does it lock down solidly? I'm always leary of levers unless their made by Larue.

I have run one in a class and never had a problem. The levers are also adjustable!

C4

rayray
03-05-07, 14:23

I'm with You on that one.

NickB
03-05-07, 15:35

Shhh...don't say that too loudly. Magpul engineers take those types of challenges personally. :D

Seriously.

dubb-1
03-05-07, 15:40
Shhh...don't say that too loudly. Magpul engineers take those types of challenges personally. :D

Seriously.

:cool:

I like Magpul's approach and execution.

comp1911
03-05-07, 16:22
Rumor on TOS was a LaRue QD type. Possible working witn TD.

DrMark
03-05-07, 16:32
Maybe LaRue will make something with TD...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=308647

tikkafan
03-05-07, 18:16

I know, that statement was half jest half challenge.

But I really want them to hurry up and finish the Masada before they do anything else.

Stephen_H
03-06-07, 09:25
I would like to see a Tango Down grip with a solid lock-up. As in cross bolts and loctite solid.

I will also add that the obsession with quick detach everything is getting out of hand. Some things just don't need the added weight, bulk, complexity, and cost of detaching quickly. At the very least give the user the option of a non-QD version.

Stephen

KevinB
03-06-07, 16:15
I will also add that the obsession with quick detach everything is getting out of hand. Some things just don't need the added weight, bulk, complexity, and cost of detaching quickly. At the very least give the user the option of a non-QD version.

Stephen

+1

I want a grip that is there -- does not move and is robust.

QD grips (at least ones with levers) are too low for my tastes to get a decent grip

mike240
03-06-07, 16:54
I too would like to see this and it was discussed in the LT area of TOS (though thread is gone) awhile back. Just a rail with a LT locking throw lever would be great so I could add whatever VFG I wanted. The biggest reason for me is the fact that all these rifles with VFG and optics have a hard time getting into my safe and closing. Can only shoot one at a time so having one VFG on a QD mount would be great.

Stickman
03-06-07, 18:01
I would like to see a Tango Down grip with a solid lock-up. As in cross bolts and loctite solid.

Stephen

I don't see the fascination either.

combatvet
03-06-07, 19:00
My facination with a QD VFG is this:

For CQB use I like the VFG.
For distance use I like to go with a naked bottom rail.

I just like the ability to change applications at the drop of a dime. It's really more practical than it seems.

chapperjoe
03-08-07, 06:17
Falcon Industries DOES make a QD VG and it works very well.

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4275&storeid=1&image=ergohdhvfg.gif&CFID=1903633&CFTOKEN=16293076

C4

I've tried to like the falcon QD grip many times (bought sold bought sold bought again and just threw it out), but there are those sharp edges on the underside of the mount / top of grip area that ruin it.

If it wasn't rubber coated, I'd just drmel the plastic/metal that was there and have a solid VFG. They are onto something though. adjustable mount tension, great compartment, great grip shape (minus the sharp edges!) good feel, etc.

I'm not so into VFG's preceisely cause I can't find the grip I would want. My perfect grip would be the SOG BMX grip with a larue QD mount built into the top (just added on would make the grip too long).

Or you know what would sell like there's no tomorrow - a slightly shorter grippod with a larue QD mount.

But back to my point, the falcon's are cheap enoguh to get and then try out, but be warned about the sharp edges.

ETA: the fascination with QD is why we like AR's in general - modularity. I can go from a QD Harris benchrest bipod, aimpoint 3x and tripower and VLTOR A1 clubfoot on a table, to standing up drills using a VLTOR carbine stock, just a tripower and (if I liked one enough!) QD forward grip in under thirty seconds. For me its about convenience at the range. But practically, I always thought a warfighter could increase the effectiveness of his rifle by carrying a QD VFG, QD bipod and QD 3x in his bag..... then his single carbine becomes two or even three if needed.