PDA

View Full Version : M4 Feedramp specs

Col_Crocs
11-04-09, 09:15
Did a quick search and found this thread. While full of useful info, my query is not covered but Im psting a link just in case someone is browsing and wants more info on feedramps.
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=193&highlight=feedramp+specs

Ok... So Im looking down the barrel extension of 3 14.5" M4 barrels I have in hand.
BCM,LMT and BUSHY 1/7 with feedramps
Question is: is there a difference in feedramp specs/depth? The ones on the LMT seem to be deeper (not to mention practically milled together as they appear seamless.)than those on the BCM and Bushy.
It's almost reminiscent of that photo of CMMG feedramps on that "which brand to purchase?" thread circulating the net.

C4IGrant
11-04-09, 09:49
Did a quick search and found this thread. While full of useful info, my query is not covered but Im psting a link just in case someone is browsing and wants more info on feedramps.
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=193&highlight=feedramp+specs

Ok... So Im looking down the barrel extension of 3 14.5" M4 barrels I have in hand.
BCM,LMT and BUSHY 1/7 with feedramps
Question is: is there a difference in feedramp specs/depth? The ones on the LMT seem to be deeper (not to mention practically milled together as they appear seamless.)than those on the BCM and Bushy.
It's almost reminiscent of that photo of CMMG feedramps on that "which brand to purchase?" thread circulating the net.

Generally yes. Remember that most "manufacturers" buy their barrel extensions from one company and their M4 receivers from another. Unless the company that is making the part has the TDP, they are simply guessing (or reverse engineering).

One of the recommendations I always make to AR manufacturers is to try and purchase their barrel extensions and receivers from the same manufacturer so everything will line up. This might seem pretty silly/common sense oriented, but you would be surprised at how many times companies have bought or tried to make these items only to create a massive problem with their AR's.

C4

Col_Crocs
11-04-09, 17:25
Thanks Grant!