PDA

View Full Version : So On Lock And Load Tonight...

SteyrAUG
11-05-09, 00:35
Well we all knew Josh was a big douche, and it seems he can't shoot for shit.

But I couldn't believe it, he pointed a gun at a customer coming in the door as a joke. Thought it was really funny to say "Freeze."

I can't believe there is ANYONE working at a gun shop anyplace that does not know you don't point guns at people, especially as a joke.

Ak44
11-05-09, 00:43
Tonight was my first time watching the show. Pretty ridiculous :D

cop1211
11-05-09, 01:15
This guy is a complete joke. Did anyone see when he said "you dont have to aim a shotgun."

Or when a customer said he was looking for something with "some knockdown power".

The guy walked out with a 9mm. (nothing wrong with 9mm I've got one myself).

The guy reminds me of a super cheezy used car salesman.

variablebinary
11-05-09, 01:21
All those jokes and things that annoy us about gun dealers, well now it's on a TV show.

I can handle maybe 30 seconds of that shitty show.

Gentoo
11-05-09, 02:09
Pointed a gun at a customer? As a joke to scare him when he walks in the door? On video?

I'd slap an assault lawsuit on his ****ing stupid ass so fast it would leave rugburn.

SWATcop556
11-05-09, 02:34
Wow..........just ****ing wow. :rolleyes:

geminidglocker
11-05-09, 02:50
Wow..........just ****ing wow. :rolleyes:

Well said.

Ak44
11-05-09, 02:50
Nothing like informing the uninformed with this guy as a spokeperson haha.:rolleyes:

chadbag
11-05-09, 03:12
This sounds like they purposefully found the stupidest most ignorant gun people to represent gun owners/dealers to the public in the form of a "reality" show. I doubt this was not on purpose.

disclaimer: I have not seen this show and don't plan on it

montanadave
11-05-09, 07:37
I had posted a comment last week asking if anyone had seen this show. Given the comments from last week and those in this thread, I think I'll survive without Showtime for a little longer.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-05-09, 07:56
I was at another gun store in town and they said that they were approached by that guy to do the show there, but they brushed him off. In the show, he seems to imply that he is part of the family that owns "The Shootist", but I guess he is just saying that it is family owned.

Pointing a gun at a customer? Did he have a duck on his shirt?

00leland00
11-05-09, 09:33
Yeah, that last episode was the worst one yet. The pointing the gun at the customer was the worst of it, but there were other gems like when he AGAIN said all you have to do with a shotgun is rack the slide and the bad guy will wet himself and run away screaming, telling the girl that if you shoot someone with a "four-five" all that will be left is this: (and he pulls a pair of shoes out and lays them on the counter.) :rolleyes: And more taking pictures of the customers holding guns with their own cell phones.

N4LtRecce
11-05-09, 09:34
It's going to make us look like a bunch of morons.... :mad:

jmp45
11-05-09, 09:39
What network airs this show?

N4LtRecce
11-05-09, 09:41
Fairly certain it's on showtime.

Ak44
11-05-09, 09:42
Showtime

jmp45
11-05-09, 09:47
Thanks guys.. I guess I'll have to wait til it airs elsewhere..

decodeddiesel
11-05-09, 10:09
We've been over this in the other thread, but I'll re-hash. The guy Josh Ryan is the "co-creator, co-producer, and tallent" of the show. He's a washed up soap opera star (no shit) who is now looking for his next gig.

Some highlights from last nights show:

"You don't aim a shotgun, you point it in the direction of the noise you just heard and pull the trigger." This was to a "customer" looking to buy a gun to defend herself and her family from her gang affiliated ex-husband who is in jail (and soon to b released) for 2nd degree murder. Thank goodness she failed the CBI background check for multiple DUIs, jail time for said DUIs, arrest and conviction for domestic violence, assault, etc. :rolleyes:

"I bought this AK47 for target shooting."

Shooting ARs, AKs, and an M1A at melons and trash on the ground about 15 yards away and not hitting shit. Had to use a shotgun to actually hit anything.

Putting a 1911 into some poor old grandma's hands (without showing her the first thing about shooting it) and letting her hold it about 6 inches from her face and shot off a round. Awesome.

Point a gun at a customer coming in the door and telling him to "freeze". Assault with a deadly weapon anyone?

This show is just out of control.

John123
11-05-09, 10:10
The show wouldn't show normal people trying to buy guns, just the characters that help ratings. Also his selling points on a shotgun are a joke. "racking a shotgun is the universal sign of get out" and "Point the shotgun, you do not have to aim???"
Bad advice there.

I think that woman who was there buying a pistols was doing a straw purchase, but that my opinion. Good thing she got denied.
John

ST911
11-05-09, 10:27
Josh should be careful about selecting the subjects of his joke. Had he pointed a gun at several folks I know, he would not have been unable to follow it up with "freeze."

In addition to posting criticisms here, send them to the network and producers telling them why you won't watch.

BiggLee71
11-05-09, 10:28
This sounds like they purposefully found the stupidest most ignorant gun people to represent gun owners/dealers to the public in the form of a "reality" show. I doubt this was not on purpose.

disclaimer: I have not seen this show and don't plan on it

My setiments exactly

SW-Shooter
11-05-09, 18:33
I love the ghetto mama that tried a straw purchase and got DENIED. This guy is a douche bag in every way shape and form.

DragonDoc
11-06-09, 17:43
The show wouldn't show normal people trying to buy guns, just the characters that help ratings. Also his selling points on a shotgun are a joke. "racking a shotgun is the universal sign of get out" and "Point the shotgun, you do not have to aim???"
Bad advice there.

I think that woman who was there buying a pistols was doing a straw purchase, but that my opinion. Good thing she got denied.
John

I got the same vibe. Concur.

LOKNLOD
11-06-09, 19:53
Well we all knew Josh was a big douche

LOL :D

It's bad enough that a bunch of morons are being potentially associated with my screen name but now my real name too!

alaskacop
11-06-09, 20:58
It's going to make us look like a bunch of morons.... :mad:

I think thats the point of the show...to show people the "evils" of gun ownership. I watched the show twice and was applaud at how they treated the responsibility of owning firearms. It was quickly apparent that "douche bag" did not actually know anything about proper gun safety (except to tell people to point the guns at a duck on the wall and not him). I just wish that at least one major television or cable network would show firearm owners in a more positive light.