PDA

View Full Version : EDC pack or B.O.B. pictures

Spade
11-05-09, 00:42
I have seen a few pictures already on this site but was wondering if we could start a picture tread for EDC packs & bags &/or B.O.B. Along with the pictures if perhaps you could explain what bag you are using, a brief list of contents & why you chose the bag & contents you have. I am at the start of building a usable daily carry bag & would love to see what some of you guys have for ideas.

Spade
11-08-09, 23:45
Wow a 105 views & no bites...huh

nismo1013
11-09-09, 12:17
I also would like to see some other's ideas. I'm in the process of building my own BOB off of an ATS RAID pack. I'd like to know what everyone puts in theirs (and why). So let's see them!

PA PATRIOT
11-09-09, 13:28
I'll Bite,

Its not so much as a BOB (Singular) as BOB'"S", If we are moving in a vehicle then the camper has a individual BOB for each member of the family. For the kids the basic BOB is clothing, boots, Medication (Allergy), Drink Mix (Kids get tried of plain water very quickly) and a small non-battery toy. I don't pack food or water as they are already covered in the food stores BOB. If we have to go on foot then the kids have small black back-packs and they carry small food items and water, small first aid kit and the basic emergency poncho and mylar sleeping bags and blankets plus a small LED flashlight. I keep these packs as light as possible under four pounds as we all know kids will ran out of energy quickly after a long walk and guess who will have to hump that gear in the end. Both me and the wife have mid-sized hikers back packs which have redundant items inside like food, fire making items, Meds, ammo, Com, NV, tarp and para cord for shelters, first aid....ect that way if I have to engage and lure away aggressors she will have the same gear to support herself and the kids. We decided on Glock 9mm pistols with adaptable supporting gear to reduce weight and to be able to conceal them when necessary.

I'LL fire up the digital camera and take some photos in the next few days.

Spade
11-09-09, 14:36
I'll Bite,

Its not so much as a BOB (Singular) as BOB'"S", If we are moving in a vehicle then the camper has a individual BOB for each member of the family. For the kids the basic BOB is clothing, boots, Medication (Allergy), Drink Mix (Kids get tried of plain water very quickly) and a small non-battery toy. I don't pack food or water as they are already covered in the food stores BOB. If we have to go on foot then the kids have small black back-packs and they carry small food items and water, small first aid kit and the basic emergency poncho and mylar sleeping bags and blankets plus a small LED flashlight. I keep these packs as light as possible under four pounds as we all know kids will ran out of energy quickly after a long walk and guess who will have to hump that gear in the end. Both me and the wife have mid-sized hikers back packs which have redundant items inside like food, fire making items, Meds, ammo, Com, NV, tarp and para cord for shelters, first aid....ect that way if I have to engage and lure away aggressors she will have the same gear to support herself and the kids. We decided on Glock 9mm pistols with adaptable supporting gear to reduce weight and to be able to conceal them when necessary.

I'LL fire up the digital camera and take some photos in the next few days.

I like the idea of a kiddy size pack for the munchkin. I'll have to come up with something for that.

Spade
11-09-09, 14:47
Right now I have started with a plain black JanSport pack I had. I am looking a the Maxped Pygmy Falcon to replace it. Right now my gear list is pretty small since I have just really started.

Military poncho
3 small candles
small sewing kit
pack of napkins
2 extra pistol mags.
safety pins
snare wire
Hothands hand warmers
water purification tabs
extra batteries
matches in water proof container
Knife sharpener
Magnesium fire starter tool
550 survival bracelet
2 water bottles
Small first aid kit
bandana
Deet bug spray
Small folding stove
Pace beads
Old Timer lockback knife
Playing cards.

Thats if for now. What do you guys think or recommend?

PA PATRIOT
11-09-09, 16:36
I would suggest adding a small nylon tarp and some para cord to make a shelter during rest periods in bad weather, I single dark green or brown tarp blends in nicely during spring, summer and fall and weighs less just over a pound. I would also watch what kind of bug juice your using as some will cause rash and skin problems with extended use.

Spade
11-10-09, 00:51
I would suggest adding a small nylon tarp and some para cord to make a shelter during rest periods in bad weather, I single dark green or brown tarp blends in nicely during spring, summer and fall and weighs less just over a pound. I would also watch what kind of bug juice your using as some will cause rash and skin problems with extended use.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start looking around for a tarp. What size do you recomend?

Roy
11-11-09, 19:55

HERE are some pix of two of my bags
the top bag is a Eagle LE BOB loaded as i carried it daily

the next pack is a Kelty Pengrine 1800 loaded as i carried daily

I currently use a ATS COBRA raid for daily carry

Spade
11-11-09, 20:53
thanks for the pictures

PA PATRIOT
11-11-09, 21:07
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start looking around for a tarp. What size do you recommend?

Personal size I use a 5X7 or 6X8 single ply polyurethane tarp which has metal grommets, family size runs 12X16

Spade
11-11-09, 21:17
Personal size I use a 5X7 or 6X8 single ply polyurethane tarp which has metal grommets, family size runs 12X16

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Abraxas
11-11-09, 22:03

HERE are some pix of two of my bags
the top bag is a Eagle LE BOB loaded as i carried it daily

the next pack is a Kelty Pengrine 1800 loaded as i carried daily

I currently use a ATS COBRA raid for daily carry

Nice setup. I cant believe that I have never thought of the scanner, it is so obvious and common sense I don't know why I did not think of one earlier. I thought of getting one for my home, but not for my bug out bag.