PDA

View Full Version : M&P Loaded Chamber Indicator - Rant Alert

JB2000
11-05-09, 14:10
I've had my M&P9c for almost a year now and I like the gun. The major thing being that its slimness fits my hand better than my Glocks. However, one thing that bothers me is the loaded chamber indicator. Who ever thought it was a good idea to drill a hole (read dirt and debris path) into the chamber? In reality it may have no impact on reliability but it seems like a bad idea. Why not go with the bump on the extractor like Glock?

I'm seriously considering selling my Glock 17 and getting a full size M&P. Does anyone know of any testing, etc. to indicate if this is an issue?

Thanks.

NCPatrolAR
11-05-09, 14:19
I've never seen it be an issue or heard of it being one. In M&P armorer school they said there is nothing to be concerned with

John_Wayne777
11-05-09, 14:23
It hasn't been a problem for me in xx,xxx thousand rounds and daily carry through M&P's in 9mm & .45 ACP.

ToddG
11-05-09, 14:28
In reality it may have no impact on reliability

... and there you go.

RadioActivity
11-05-09, 14:28
I can think of test or two showing the M&P's durability...

RogerinTPA
11-05-09, 18:20
No issues for me either with 4 M&Ps, including the 9c (My daily carry for over 2 years), with thousands of rounds fired. There is always a possibility of a malfunction caused by the "hole/loaded chamber indicator", but I haven't encountered it.

firecop019
11-06-09, 02:04
I've never seen it be an issue or heard of it being one. In M&P armorer school they said there is nothing to be concerned with

Ditto...I wouldn't worry about it, for the price it's one of the better shooting guns I've shot.