PDA

View Full Version : at the risk of sounding ... well dumb

REnightstalker
03-03-07, 00:43
i have a bushmaster xm-15 e2s and was going to change the gas block to one with a flip up front site and rail but i was wandering how to get the flash hider off. its the one with three slots in it. the slots are located at 9 12 and 3 o clock. it also apears to have a washer behind it. any help would be apreciated. also any ideas on a new flash hider is welcome.

Chris_C
03-03-07, 09:49
Is it pinned, post ban? If so, the pin will have to be punched out. If it is threaded, you just need a wrench and lefty loosey. Get a new crush washer when you reinstall it. As far as other options go, skys the limit. Phantoms, Vortex, etc

REnightstalker
03-03-07, 18:38
thanks man i looked closer at it and it apears to be threaded on cause its got a washer behind the flash hider. and i saw no pins or welds,i was looking at the vortex. that seems the most likely. and i got a spare washer so im set. thanks for the lefty loosey i wasnt sure about the threads. you know left or right hand so thanks alot. i already ordered some little stuff today. the magpull extended trigger guard and some tac latches, so im thinking of getting the vortex and my quad rail tonite. again thanks man

tikkafan
03-03-07, 19:54
Get the Phantom, it's 99% as good as the vortex at half the price. Plus it's fully enclosed so you don't have to worry about it getting caught on things.

If you get a vortex, it doesn't use a washer, just straight onto the barrel.

REnightstalker
03-04-07, 02:16
thanks i wouldnt have known about the washer thing. and youre right i looked at the phantom and it is alot more snagproof than the vortex. any thing about a saddle for the m4 stock? i found one from mapartsinc and it looked like it was pretty cool without spending a fortune on one, as long as it functions well i dont really mind the brand. plus my rifles mainly for home defence and general shooting purposes. any ideas on a flip front site would be nice too. and again thanks for putting up with all the questions,youre help is much apreciated.

rayray
03-05-07, 14:24
The Phantom Rules, thats what I have on My Bushmaster.:)

Joseywales
03-06-07, 20:27
Do yourself a big favor and heat up the parts with a propane blow tourch. Use an oiled cloth or watered cloth to hold the bbl. Then take it off. It will be lots easier and less scratches.

REnightstalker
03-07-07, 00:19
thanks ive wandered if heating would help and youre like the fifth person who said to so i assume it would help. i tried just the wrench and that dont help to much. that jokers on there.

usafcustomM4
03-08-07, 13:38
Well you did sound dumb.....:D ..hahahaha

You do know which way to screw it to get it off dont you...