PDA

View Full Version : Woolrich Elite Series

VA_Dinger
07-06-06, 04:26
Has anybody tried out some of the Woolrich Elite pants? I thought I had some arriving any day now, but it seems by order (Fax) was lost. How about the Style 4904 pants with the lower pocket? Is the pocket useful in any way? How are they holding up?

Master Blaster
07-06-06, 05:47
I have a pair (without the lower pocket), they are heavy (thick material = last longer ? ) the rear pockets have another set of pockets in them. The 2 front upper pockets are nice, The reg. front pockets are deep enough to have a pocket gun in and not show the butt.
They seem to run long for the length , which is good . 511's tend to run short on their length.
Like I said they are heavy so wearing them outside all day( I live in Fl.) may not be very comfortable.
Overall I like them.
Maybe I'll try a pair of the shorts sometime.

Master Blaster out

Robb Jensen
07-06-06, 06:37
Does the sizing run comparable to 5.11s? 5.11s usually shrink so I don't machine dry mine.

David Blinder
07-06-06, 07:31
I've been wearing both the pants and shorts for the past few months and so far, like them much better than 5.11's. They are holding up well to abuse and I have nothing but positive comments. Can't help you on the lower pocket as I didn't get any. If I add any further weight/bulk to my carry load, all anyone will need to do to beat me is trip me and I won't be able to get up.

Hawkeye
07-06-06, 10:25
I got a pair to try out, and have to say that I LOVE them. EVen more so than my 5.11's. I'll definitely be getting more fromthe Woolrich line.
As for the lower pockets, I got mine with them. Cant say that the pockets are or are not useful, as I havent put anyhthing in them yet. I dont notice them when wearing them, so its no big deal that they are there to me.

DrMark
07-06-06, 12:13
My pants, though I haven't worn them a lot yet, are holding up fine so far.

I didn't get the lower pockets - having extra weight at my extremities doesn't appeal to me.

My order with Backyard Outfitters got lost as well. Repeated e-mail inquiries were never answered, but a phone call and subsequent re-fax got things processed quickly.

Mark

Fernando Coelho
07-06-06, 14:24
Hi All – Glad to see such positive feedback with the new Elite Series. Wait till you see the Phase II items that we are introducing in September!

We were pretty swamped with the orders that came in from the 10-8 promotion. We were filling initial dealer orders while getting the 10-8 orders filled. Next time we run a promo, it will not be at the same time we do dealer shipments. ;)

I will do my best to stop in from time to time to answer any questions on the Elite line.

1911Gunner
07-06-06, 15:13
Hi All – Glad to see such positive feedback with the new Elite Series. Wait till you see the Phase II items that we are introducing in September!

We were pretty swamped with the orders that came in from the 10-8 promotion. We were filling initial dealer orders while getting the 10-8 orders filled. Next time we run a promo, it will not be at the same time we do dealer shipments. ;)

I will do my best to stop in from time to time to answer any questions on the Elite line.

I would love to try some out, but being 6'5"/ 265, and liking my pants to run long (38 inseam) I have not been able to find any in long sizes... Are there any plans to make them in big/tall sizes?
Thanks
Don

Fernando Coelho
07-10-06, 12:37
We are adding a 36 inch inseam in September. Next year we will be adding an unhemmed pant that will accomodate a 38 inch inseam.

1911Gunner
07-10-06, 15:18
We are adding a 36 inch inseam in September. Next year we will be adding an unhemmed pant that will accomodate a 38 inch inseam.

That is great news. I would love to try your products out! I look forward to seeing the additional lengths! :D

Fernando Coelho
07-10-06, 15:32
We appreciate the support. Thank you!

CapnCrunch
07-11-06, 16:40
Fernando, just wanted to say thanks for bringing some of the coolest clothing to market that I've seen in quite a long time. It's definately good to go, and I'll be buying a lot more in the future. The pants beat the heck out of the Columbia khakis I've been wearing for the past 2 years, that's for sure!

By the way, I dig the avatar. The 998 is one very refined machine.

JLM
07-13-06, 01:55

Unhemmed, score! Naturally I'm willing to volunteer for testing the unhemmed's,
being as how I'm short and stubby :p

How long until the 36's thou? I can usually wear them in a pinch. Especially if you
are running longer than 5.11's.

Thanks Fernando.

BravoCompanyUSA
07-13-06, 21:16
Ready for what might be a really dumb question . . . .

What does it mean "unhemmed" ?
What is the advantage/disadvantage?

Noveske
07-13-06, 22:01
Fernando,

Love the clothing!! Comfortable, durable, and well designed.

----John

LOKNLOD
07-13-06, 22:10
Ready for what might be a really dumb question . . . .

What does it mean "unhemmed" ?
What is the advantage/disadvantage?

The "hem" is the stitched cuff at the bottom. An unhemmed pair of pants is waiting to be tailored to whatever length desired.

BravoCompanyUSA
07-13-06, 22:21
The "hem" is the stitched cuff at the bottom. An unhemmed pair of pants is waiting to be tailored to whatever length desired.

Thank you sir.
:)

GIFFMANN
07-14-06, 21:26
I love the ones that I have!

Dinger...I've got some sitting right here for you in the size you specified awhile ago. Let me know and I can get them right out.

GIFFMANN
07-14-06, 21:29
Does the sizing run comparable to 5.11s? 5.11s usually shrink so I don't machine dry mine.

Sizing on them is true to size. Most folks say they run about the same as their Levis.

The Woolrich should not shrink. I've washed/dried mine and no problems yet.

yasnevo
07-16-06, 19:21
I have several pair of the Woolrich pants and shirts. For one... the sizing seems more consistent with what a true X size is...meaning... if you get say a 36 waist witha 34 length... then the Woolrich is much more consistent to what that true size is. 5.11's in my experience was hit and miss...mostly miss.... and this is because they were constantly jumping all over Southeast Asia getting their pants made. One time the 36 was a good fit, changed production to Cambodia and 36 was the new 34...

I think that Woolrich is going to be the tactical work clothes for me from now on...

Y-

Sam
07-25-06, 09:27
Fernando:
Is there a long wait for the Woolrich products when ordered from your outfit?
Thanks.

Pat_Rogers
07-25-06, 11:12
I have several pair of the Woolrich pants and shirts. For one... the sizing seems more consistent with what a true X size is...meaning... if you get say a 36 waist witha 34 length... then the Woolrich is much more consistent to what that true size is. 5.11's in my experience was hit and miss...mostly miss.... and this is because they were constantly jumping all over Southeast Asia getting their pants made. One time the 36 was a good fit, changed production to Cambodia and 36 was the new 34...

I think that Woolrich is going to be the tactical work clothes for me from now on...

Y-

And therein lies the problems with 5.11. Minor issues such as size and color could- and would- change without warning.
They have terrific marketing, but no amount of marketing can compensate for poor QC.
I was a Beta tester so have been wearing many of the items for a long time. I have two pair of trousers that have been through the wash cycle over 30 times each- no shrinkage, undue wear etc.
I'm looking forward to what comes down the pike next!

JLM
07-25-06, 13:22
Thank you sir.

Unhemmed are for 'short' dudes like me :p Can't wait for Phase 2, so I can at least get 36 length's.

Pat_Rogers
07-26-06, 07:31
Just a note- those attending the EAG or 10-8 classes receive a certificate from Woolrich that offers their Elite line at a substantial discount.
Not bad...

dubb-1
07-26-06, 07:41
Not bad at all...;)

yasnevo
07-28-06, 19:02
They have terrific marketing, but no amount of marketing can compensate for poor QC.

Damn Pat... that is the exact quote that I have been looking for to state why I no longer use 5.11 stuff...

Thanks!

Y-

Pat_Rogers
07-28-06, 21:07
My pleasure Brother Yancey- feel free to use it!

Nitrox
07-29-06, 13:17
I ordered a few 5.11 shirts that were on close out and supposed to be navy blue. The shirts fit great, the size is correct, and the construction is fine. However, they are clearly black, not blue. I would assume they were close out because they either miss-marked the shirt or the dye was wrong but the issue lies on the manuf. side not the retailer.

rob_s
07-30-06, 06:03
I have two pairs of the pants and two pairs of the shorts.

Pros:
-The extra front velcro pocket is nice for extra mag storage, and both the front velcro pockets will hold an AR mag.
-Very heavy-duty material. The knees in the pants are 3 or 4 layers of material.
-The separate pockets in the back means I can carry my wallet & handkerchief in the standard pockets and use the larger pockets for mags or other gear.

Cons:
-The beltloops are not spaced well. The ones in front are too close together and too small to get a 1.25" leather gunbelt through, and there is a huge gap on the sides that allows too much play in the belt.
-The heavy weight of the material makes them extremely hot; especially so with the pants. Rumor has it there is a lightweight version coming. I'd love to see the identical pant in ripstop.
-The cut is a little baggy. I like to have room to move, but the shorts especially seem like they have too much room which makes for an awkward appearance.

Here I am in all my tactical glory wearing mine at a local match. Note the AR mag in the front velcro pocket and the wallet in the rear standard pocket. You can also kind of see what I'm talking about with them being a bit too baggy.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/196/196030/folders/171062/1945576robsloyerwoolrich(Small).JPG

Pat_Rogers
07-30-06, 06:32
The Phase 2 will have lighter weight trousers (big boys and little boys both), as well as polo shirts and other neat stuff.
The heavy material was an effort to avoid the one range day to destruction issue with some of the 5.11's.
Is it warmer on the high temp days? Absolutely. There is no free lunch of course, but the lightweight ones may be better for those days.
You state that you can't get a 1.25" gunbelt through the loops? Is that a typo?
I run wither a 1.75" Milt Sparks or 1.75" Wilderness Instructor belt normally on the range, and have no problems with the 5 pair of big boys trousers or the shorts that i have.
Understand about the placement of the belt loops, and some others have commented on this as well. I haven't found an issue here, but then again i have been carrying for about all of my life and am desensitized to some things that others have issues with.
If you were to take 10 people and query them on belt loop placement, you would get 6 different answers and 1 who failed to comprehend the question.
What you get in the long run is always a compromise.
I find the shorts too long, and i am not into the B ball look. I shortened them a tad and they subjectively feel better.
Having said that, i strongly discourage the wearing of shorts at my classes. Wearing knee pads on bare legs is aggravating, and the injury rate for owies goes up for those wearing shorts.

As for an "akward appearance". Dude- have you looked at the picture of yourself? :)
Pat Harvath is right out of the pages of GQ next to you...

rob_s
07-30-06, 19:34
The issue is that I can't easily get the belt to overlap. The tail end that sticks out would normally get stuck under the opposite loop, but the loops on these pants are too close together in the front and slightly too small.

I understand that my look is more golf course than battlefield, but I'm a general contractor that likes to play with big-boy-toys, not any kind of real-life doorkicker.

Pat_Rogers
07-31-06, 07:36
I understand that my look is more golf course than battlefield, but I'm a general contractor that likes to play with big-boy-toys, not any kind of real-life doorkicker.

Understood burrito. My point here is that what is attractive to some is dorky to others, and anything related to appearance is extremely subjective.

rob_s
07-31-06, 08:49
Understood burrito. My point here is that what is attractive to some is dorky to others, and anything related to appearance is extremely subjective.
Agreed. I just take it for granted that everyone reads posts on the internet as beginning with "In my opinion".

The larger/baggier fit combined with the thicker material makes for a much heavier short. Maybe when I get home tonight I'll weigh a pair of 5.11s and a pair of the Woolrich and see if it's actually quantifiable or if it's just in my head. Of course, all the extra pockets and my tendency to put something in every pocket I have may contribute to the weight as well.:D

I'll wait and see how the lightweight ones come out. Maybe they won't feel as heavy.

Al U. 5811
08-16-06, 23:34
I don't own any 5.11 stuff but I do still have 1 pair of the Royal Robbins pants left. I always felt that they were cut too slim. If the Woolrich line is "baggy" then I'll have to check it out.

CPR
08-17-06, 15:04
Sounds like they're built as well as the original Royal Robbins 5.11s. I may have to try some, thanks for the information.

C

ROSS4712
08-17-06, 15:59
The pants are outstanding. I sold all of my 5.11 and bought the Woolrich Elites. They are thicker and heavier but the difference is negligible.

I would recommend getting them unhemmed and having that done on your end for proper sizing. I ordered 32/32 because that is what I wore in the 5.11 series pants and these were long. I had to take them to my tailor and have them hemmed up anyway.

They are outstanding and definitely will hold up to a lot of abuse.

I have the lower pockets and have found no real use for them as of yet. They don't get in the way but they aren't helping me by carrying anything either. Next time I would get the pants without the lower pockets. Like I said they are good to go but I just don't use them at all.

Fernando Coelho
08-18-06, 14:38
Hi All – Sorry I haven’t been by in a while. When you get a chance, please check out the new picture on our homepage. (http://backyardoutfitter.com/Index.htm) We call it the Retro Tactical approach. That pic is great!

We uploaded all the new clothing to our website. Here (http://backyardoutfitter.com/SneakPreview.htm) is a link to the page that lists it all together. The new clothing will be available October 1, 2006.

Along with the new clothing, we added a 36 inch inseam and size 28 waist to all the pants. We also added two more belt loops (over the side seam) on sizes 32,34, and 36 and increased the width of the loops to accommodate belts that are a true 2 inches in width. For the shirts and vests, we added small and 3XL.

We are adding a shorter short to the product line. It will be about 1 ½ inches shorter than our current short, minus the two cargo pockets (but we are keeping the two utility pockets) and it will be made of the 7 ounce cotton ripstop that our lightweight pant is made from.

rob_s
08-18-06, 15:01
We also added two more belt loops (over the side seam) on sizes 32,34, and 36 and increased the width of the loops to accommodate belts that are a true 2 inches in width.

Awesome!

JLM
08-18-06, 17:04
Cool! I wish it was October 1, doubt I'm gonna get any shorter in that timeframe :p

VA_Dinger
08-19-06, 10:33
Hi All – Sorry I haven’t been by in a while. When you get a chance, please check out the new picture on our homepage. (http://backyardoutfitter.com/Index.htm) We call it the Retro Tactical approach. That pic is great!

We uploaded all the new clothing to our website. Here (http://backyardoutfitter.com/SneakPreview.htm) is a link to the page that lists it all together. The new clothing will be available October 1, 2006.

Along with the new clothing, we added a 36 inch inseam and size 28 waist to all the pants. We also added two more belt loops (over the side seam) on sizes 32,34, and 36 and increased the width of the loops to accommodate belts that are a true 2 inches in width. For the shirts and vests, we added small and 3XL.

We are adding a shorter short to the product line. It will be about 1 ½ inches shorter than our current short, minus the two cargo pockets (but we are keeping the two utility pockets) and it will be made of the 7 ounce cotton ripstop that our lightweight pant is made from.

Thanks for the update.

I have been wearing my pants for the past month or so and could not be more pleased. The fit and comfort level is certainly a step above my old 5.11's.

Keep up the great work.

Pat_Rogers
08-19-06, 15:23

Gee Fernando, great picture. What a stud. What a gun.....

Harv
08-19-06, 21:30
Looks like it came right out of a James Cagney Movie.....:p

Pat_Rogers
08-20-06, 05:52
Hey- he was nearly my size.

eggroll
08-20-06, 11:41
Can't think of a classier way to send .45 ACP downrange:D

Harv
08-20-06, 13:19
Hey- he was nearly my size.

Now if you would have been yelling "You Dirty rat" or "Hey ma... Look at me.. I'm on top of the world" while emptying a mag, that would have been just about perfect....;)

Pat_Rogers
08-20-06, 14:36
Agreed Harv, but i tried once to talk and shoot, and it doesn't work.
I was thinking it though.....

Hawkeye
08-28-06, 07:00
Fernando, I have a pair of Woolrich pants that I LOVE. Have had them for a couple of months now. They havent seen any hard use yet, but the front main button is coming right out of the material. I wanted to contact someone to see about getting them repaired. Who should I speak to and can you (or anyone) give me the best number to call?

John

Pat_Rogers
08-28-06, 07:04
Do you mean that the thread holding the button on is coming loose?
Dude- if that is the case, pick up a needle and thread and handle it.
That's not a repair, that is maintenance.

Hawkeye
08-28-06, 07:21
Maybe Woolrich has changed something, but the main button on my pair is a metal button that is pressed on. The only sewn on button is the secondary button. If that were the case, then I would have already sewn it myself and not asked about getting it repaired.

Fernando Coelho
09-05-06, 16:13
Maybe Woolrich has changed something, but the main button on my pair is a metal button that is pressed on. The only sewn on button is the secondary button. If that were the case, then I would have already sewn it myself and not asked about getting it repaired.
Just send the pants back to us and we'll replace them. I'll give you our address via PM.

Erick Gelhaus
09-06-06, 11:35
Fernando-
The items in the New Gear - Sept 06 flyer - any idea when they'll be availible?

Fernando Coelho
09-06-06, 14:13
The stuff should start shipping the end of this month, worst case scenario the first week of October.

Hawkeye
09-06-06, 16:24
Just send the pants back to us and we'll replace them. I'll give you our address via PM.

Thanks much Fernando. I'll get them on the way. I'll probably go ahead and order another pair or two while I'm at it.

Sam
09-07-06, 13:13
Got my pants from Bowers Tactical. They were out of stock a few weeks ago, Mike Bowers kept me updated when the new shipment arrived. They threw in a ball cap.
The pants is really well constructed, all the seams and stitches were rugged, much more so than my old Royal Robbins. The material is heavier and thicker also. This pants is going to last a long time.
Update: My 642 J frame fits well in the pocket, it's deep enough to allow the gun to ride lower in the pocket and the grip won't poke into my lower abdomen when sitting down.

Rob Haught
12-31-06, 18:52
Hi all,

I have been involved in the Elite series since pretty much the beginning as a Beta Tester. The fit and quality of materials is first rate as has been the experience of most of the posters. What most dont know is the manufacturers willingness to accept the criticism and suggestions and act on them to make the finished product what it is today. What a refreshing attitude!! The phase II line is just now coming out and is also superb and is a direct result of input from customers who asked for a lighter weight pant and a slick pair without cargo pockets for everyday use and a lighter weight vest that is more a concealment garment than a load bearing vest. Great stuff. Hats off to Fernando for his open mind and his continued support of the industry.

Rob

Hawkeye
12-31-06, 20:13
I love the pair I have. I am itching to get some more, just have been holding off to see what all new is coming out.

R.D.
01-03-07, 19:59
I have 4 pair of Woolrich elite pants 2 khaki and 2 black. I have to say they are a great pair of pants. I have been wearing one of the black pairs for over 6 months at work about 3 days a week. They have yet to get a hole from wear and their color is holding up well in spite of numerous washings. In contrast my 5-11 pants would only last 3 months before looking ratty and by 6 months they shreaded beyond repair. I would not hesatate to buy more Woolrich elite products.

Fernando Coelho
01-05-07, 23:26
An open invitation: Are you going to SHOT? If so, please stop by the Woolrich Elite Series (http://www.backyardoutfitter.com) booth (8261) in the Law Enforcement section and say hello! Dick Kramer will be there on the 11th and 12th autographing the new Kramer Elite Series print.

We’ll have the new Elite catalog showcasing the growing line of Elite Series tactical clothing along with our entire product line on display.

ROSS4712
01-06-07, 01:25
The pants are outstanding. I sold all of my 5.11 and bought the Woolrich Elites. They are thicker and heavier but the difference is negligible.

I would recommend getting them unhemmed and having that done on your end for proper sizing. I ordered 32/32 because that is what I wore in the 5.11 series pants and these were long. I had to take them to my tailor and have them hemmed up anyway.

They are outstanding and definitely will hold up to a lot of abuse.

I have the lower pockets and have found no real use for them as of yet. They don't get in the way but they aren't helping me by carrying anything either. Next time I would get the pants without the lower pockets. Like I said they are good to go but I just don't use them at all.

Well I got a pair without the lower calf pockets and that's the way to go. I also recieved some of their new rip stop lightweight tactical pants for Xmas and these are some of the best made heavy duty ripstops I have ever seen.

Definitely a must have if you are in a hotter climate and still want rugged well wearing pants. They are just as tough and the same well made design as the heavy canvas elites.

Saint
01-20-07, 19:57
Any preview on the Vickers Tactical Series gloves listed as "coming soon" on the website? Or an ETA?
http://backyardoutfitter.com/PR_Gloves.htm

Fernando Coelho
01-21-07, 10:24
All I can tell you is that they are coming soon and that I'm sure you'll like them :)

Nathan_Bell
01-21-07, 21:02
How are these holding up in the field? The reason I ask is I live in Ohio and anytime I walk more than 10 feet off of the road I am in briars and thorns. Would like to have a pair of pants that can take that happening more than once without becoming shredded.

BSHNT2015
02-01-07, 20:47
I have both the light/heavy weight pants with cargo pockets. They have been holding up very well. I wore them in a 10-8 carbine class:D, I appreciated the heavy weight pants, the knees were built up with thicker material and I really didn't need a knee pad.

The light weight pants were comfortable and easy to wear in the hot SOCAL weather. I really liked the shirts, the fit was good, wore well, and had a vent in the back of the shirt to keep me cool.

I thought the vest was well designed and had plenty of pockets. I have worn the 5.11 and they are good but now wearing the Woolrich, IMHO, they're alot better. Price wise I say its reasonable, the Woolrich tends to wear longer and don't have to be replaced as qucikly as other cargo style pants I've had.

I've worn my for range training and other assorted social events:cool: You would be buying clothing that was built for any adventure good or bad.

rob_s
02-02-07, 04:39
Man, I forgot that when I bought the first pairs of pants/shorts they were under the 10-8 early release pricing. I went back to buy some of the lightweight pants and they're $50. While I like the product, $50 seems awefully steep to me.

TroyTK
02-02-07, 11:42
Man, I forgot that when I bought the first pairs of pants/shorts they were under the 10-8 early release pricing. I went back to buy some of the lightweight pants and they're $50. While I like the product, $50 seems awefully steep to me.

I've been buying them from www.calssportingarmory.com, at $37.04 each.

Troy

rob_s
02-02-07, 12:11

Troy
GTG, thanks for the tip! Much more reasonable price.

VA_Dinger
02-21-07, 19:07

Troy

Thanks for the heads up.

That is a great deal.

Fernando Coelho
03-30-07, 12:04
We recently added some new clothing styles to the Backyard Outfitter website with even more on the way. Here are some links worth checking out:
Elite Barn Coat (http://www.backyardoutfitter.com/ProductPages/Coat44432.htm)
Elite Long-Sleeve Zip-Up (http://www.backyardoutfitter.com/ProductPages/Shirt44448K.htm)
Elite Long-Sleeve Polo (http://www.backyardoutfitter.com/ProductPages/Shirt44419.htm)

We are adding OD Green and Navy to our pants, short, and vests. We are also adding Yellow to the discreet shirt.

We also have foam knee pads (http://www.backyardoutfitter.com/ProductPages/KneePads.htm) available for our pants. These are the same knee pads made for the military for use in the new ACU pants.

Lastly, we added a link to a bulletin board (http://byo.ambackforum.com/index.php) from the Backyard Outfitter homepage. Within that bulletin board is a new forum dedicated to the clothing. The purpose of the new forum is to give a place where people can post questions or comments about the clothing. I am not trying to introduce a tactical forum by any stretch. Simply a place for people to talk about the clothing. I welcome you all to stop by if time allows.

VA_Dinger
04-07-07, 11:21
Fernando, very nice.

thanks for giving us the heads up.

Fernando Coelho
04-09-07, 12:59
For a limited time, receive a free Dick Kramer Elite Series Print from Backyard Outfitter! Simply email us at info@backyardoutfitter.com. Include your name and address and be sure to mention that you would like a Free Kramer print. Along with the print we will include our new 2007 Elite Series catalog.

http://www.backyardoutfitter.com/FTC/dick_kramer_elite_print_sm.jpg

Limit one print per person. Quantities are limited.

Hawkeye
04-09-07, 13:30
Very cool! Email sent.

VA_Dinger
04-13-07, 20:05
I received my print today.

Fernando, thank you very much.

R.D.
04-13-07, 21:22
Just got mine today. Its on nice heavy stock I'm going to frame it. Thanks Fernando.

Fernando Coelho
04-13-07, 22:14
I'm happy you folks like the prints. I think Dick did a great job.

rob_s
04-14-07, 05:34
Back on the subject of the pants...

I'm in Lakeland, FL at a Randy Cain carbine class and I wore the lightweight pants in the 90+ degree heat yesterday. They are fantastic in this heat. I have a pair of BDUs that I'll be wearing on Sunday (only own two pairs of the lightweight Woolriches :( ) in the same heat so we'll see how they compare. After yesterday I think I'll find that the Woolrich pants are a great improvement.

Hawkeye
04-14-07, 07:18
Got my print as well. Awesome!

1911Gunner
04-14-07, 08:48
Fernando,
Any idea when the longer lengths will be coming out? I have one pair of your pants and I LOVE THEM. But the 36" length is right at the border of wearability for me. (6'5")

There was mention of unhemmed pants or possibly even a longer inseam option coming out, but I have not heard anything about this in a while.

Thanks,
Don

DrMark
04-14-07, 08:53
Back on the subject of the pants...

Fernando, Rob,

Are the lightweight pants the same in terms of fit and everything (except fabric weight) as compared to the heavier pants?

Do they have the same number of belt loops? (I always thought my pair [heavier type] could have used another loop on each side.)

Thanks.

JLM
04-14-07, 19:45

Troy

No joy on 36 inseams from Cal's. Bummer.

rob_s
04-15-07, 05:56
Fernando, Rob,

Are the lightweight pants the same in terms of fit and everything (except fabric weight) as compared to the heavier pants?

Do they have the same number of belt loops? (I always thought my pair [heavier type] could have used another loop on each side.)

Thanks.

The lightweight pants do appear to fit identically to the regular pants.

They do have the same number of belt loops as current production regular pants, but the early pants (like the ones from the 10-8 early purchase) had no loops on the sides. Back then, I lobbied pretty hard for the belt loops on the side against oppostion from the if-we-didn't-think-of-it-it-must-be-wrong bunch at 10-8. Evidently enough people agreed with me and Woolrich is now producing the pants with the loops on the side and the crew over there is pronouncing what a fantastic change this is.:rolleyes:

With that said, my two pairs of lightweight pants do not have the loops on the side spaced the same. On one pair I can put the two belt loops of a VMII holster on either side of the belt loops on the pants. On the other pair, the spacing is about as bad as it can be for a VMII owner; essentially matching the holster loop spacing exactly. I have not measured the spacing to quantify this, but I know it's an issue just from trying to wear my holster over the last two days. If need be I'll relocate the loop. I'd really love to see one of the tac-pant companies send you an extra loop or two with the pants so you can sew new ones on in the locations that suit you the best.

I still love the pants though. Yesterday we shot from 10 AM to 9 PM on a damn hot day and I still had no issues with my legs overheating (upper body under a chest rig is a different story). Woolrich lightweight pants and Underarmour underwear are a great combination. :D

It remains to be seen how well the lightweight pants hold up. They feel like they'd rip easily, but only time will tell.

DrMark
04-15-07, 07:57
Thanks for the info Rob.

Mark

M4Guru
04-15-07, 07:58
if-we-didn't-think-of-it-it-must-be-wrong bunch at 10-8

I like 10-8, and not all of their staff is like that. I go there to read Pat Rogers posts and skip the rest, basically. There are one or two guys that will actually EDIT your posts if you don't agree with them on kit and try to offer a different viewpoint. I know, it happened to me. He actually made up shit I didn't say, put it in my post, deleted my original post, and sent me an e-mail about it.

As far as the Woolrich pants go, they are much superior to the 5.11s I have, but I have the beltloops moved at mama-sans sew shop. It's a small price to pay for quality pants that actually are the same size/length every time I buy them unlike 5.11.

Eric
04-17-07, 02:00
The lightweight pants do appear to fit identically to the regular pants.

They do have the same number of belt loops as current production regular pants, but the early pants (like the ones from the 10-8 early purchase) had no loops on the sides. Back then, I lobbied pretty hard for the belt loops on the side against oppostion from the if-we-didn't-think-of-it-it-must-be-wrong bunch at 10-8. Evidently enough people agreed with me and Woolrich is now producing the pants with the loops on the side and the crew over there is pronouncing what a fantastic change this is.
The belt loop issue was my biggest concern as well...go figure. I'll still take them over the 5.11 pants any day. I'm still using my early production ones and need to place an order for the current version.

VA_Dinger
04-17-07, 20:20
I like 10-8, and not all of their staff is like that. There are one or two guys that will actually EDIT your posts if you don't agree with them on kit and try to offer a different viewpoint. I know, it happened to me. He actually made up shit I didn't say, put it in my post, deleted my original post, and sent me an e-mail about it.

Wow, that's simply amazing.

:eek:

CLHC
06-25-08, 22:47
Okay, I know this thread's been awhile since someone's posted. . .

I've been looking and reading up on the Woolrich Elite Series pants and looks like from what I'm learning is that the sizing's are true to fit? Is that correct then and now? If I order a size 32 inch waist with a 30 inch inseam, that's what I'll get right? No need to order one size larger or smaller?

Another thing, how about their discreet vest for that "casual" wear? Maybe I'm just a dork or something, but does everyone here that knows about these "tactical/photographer's" vests have a love-hate relationship with them as in love to hate these vests?

Sure don't want to be a "dead ringer" out in public as one that's carrying concealed--to the general public that is.

Blake
06-26-08, 00:55
It has been my experience that the pants fit pretty true to size.

I'm sure there are varying opinions on the vests. I think it comes down a simple point. If a vest doesn't fit in with your normal "style" then I would find other alternatives. You can typically find good options, in a nice button down shirt or a large polo or t-shirt to conceal well. However, if you were your shirts tucked in, and big shirts make you look out of place then a vest may be a good option for you. Wear what works for you.

I don't like vests, I would be very out of place with one on.

ST911
06-26-08, 02:59
Okay, I know this thread's been awhile since someone's posted. . .I've been looking and reading up on the Woolrich Elite Series pants and looks like from what I'm learning is that the sizing's are true to fit? Is that correct then and now? If I order a size 32 inch waist with a 30 inch inseam, that's what I'll get right? No need to order one size larger or smaller?

I have some WTEs that fit smaller, some bigger in the waist. Same thing in the inseam, some a wee bit longer, some shorter. The WTEs aren't nearly as bad as the 5.11s.

In WTEs, I have the standard weights, lightweights, and discretes. I prefer the standard weight for durability, compatibility with EDC gear, and overall appearance.

younggunner1911
06-26-08, 10:12
It appears that the new clothing from Elite Operator will be out soon. Just saw this (http://soldiersystems.net) last night.

CLHC
06-26-08, 13:30
It appears that the new clothing from Elite Operator will be out soon. Just saw this (http://soldiersystems.net) last night.
It doesn't state that it's from Woolrich other than that it has the name wording "Elite" in it. . .Looks interesting though.

younggunner1911
06-26-08, 13:55
It doesn't state that it's from Woolrich other than that it has the name wording "Elite" in it. . .Looks interesting though.

From the same website...
EOTAC, the guys who used to be Backyard Outfitter and developed the Woolrich Elite line...
EOTAC is Elite Operator.

markm
06-26-08, 14:33
tag for pants updates.

CLHC
06-26-08, 15:13
From the same website...
EOTAC is Elite Operator.
Somehow I must have missed that. :o Thanks!

Fernando Coelho
06-26-08, 15:43

The clothing isn't from Woolrich. It's designed by the same folks that designed the Elite Series products for Woolrich. The differences are in the details. We took the input from end users and came up with what we feel is the best darn apparel out there.

CLHC
06-26-08, 16:13
The clothing isn't from Woolrich. It's designed by the same folks that designed the Elite Series products for Woolrich. The differences are in the details. We took the input from end users and came up with what we feel is the best darn apparel out there.
Great! That's what drew my attention to the Woolrich Elite Series than the "others" on the market. :D

JLM
06-29-08, 02:39
Tag for EOTAC goodies.

I was quite unhappy with the QC on my last pair of Woolrich pants. I don't blame you Fernando, I blame Woolrich obviously.

Fernando Coelho
06-29-08, 09:23
JLM - Thank you for your support. We are making sure that QC is top priority with our apparel. We have QC inspections in place both at our factory overseas as well as our facility here in SC and we are holding our standards pretty high. We can also react quickly to any issues that pop up.

GLOCKMASTER
06-29-08, 10:02
JLM - Thank you for your support. We are making sure that QC is top priority with our apparel. We have QC inspections in place both at our factory overseas as well as our facility here in SC and we are holding our standards pretty high. We can also react quickly to any issues that pop up.

I hope it hits the shelves soon. My older Fernando designed wear is wearing out.;)

Fernando Coelho
06-29-08, 10:30
It will definitely be out soon. There is also a certain department we need to move away from the Dark Side and to our clothing. :cool:

JLM
06-29-08, 16:44

Your welcome :D

How can I resolve any outstanding QC issues I have at this point in time? I've got one pair of 4429 where the stitching around the button hole is almost totally blown out and its unravelling at various other points.

Oh, and if you need anyone to test 36" inseams :o

GLOCKMASTER
06-29-08, 18:10
It will definitely be out soon. There is also a certain department we need to move away from the Dark Side and to our clothing. :cool:

If you are referring to mine you are correct. However the other is so embedded I think it will be a very tough task but, not impossible.

Fernando Coelho
06-29-08, 18:11

How can I resolve any outstanding QC issues I have at this point in time? I've got one pair of 4429 where the stitching around the button hole is almost totally blown out and its unravelling at various other points.

When it comes to clothing that we designed but that was produced by Woolrich through their own overseas sources, I cannot help you. I wish I could. The best bet is to contact their customer service department and let them know about the defective pants.

Regarding our line, there will be a few select forums, including this one, that we will be offering some sample clothing for testing. Stay tuned! ;)

Nathan_Bell
07-01-08, 18:34

Or 38" inseams :p

Lancelot
07-05-08, 09:27
Well, a plea from another tall guy. If and when you think of such things, there are some of us that stand taller then 6'. In my case 6'4". I'd love some stuff that was longer. If you just added a couple of inches in lenght to the vests and shirts it would be good. The vests are just to short to cover belt mounted gear if you are statuesque like us. :D

Federale
07-05-08, 10:30
I like the sizing on the Woolrich pants a lot better than my 5.11s (and I have A LOT of time in 5.11s). And I like the rear pocket configuration better as well.

But every pair of the half dozen Woolrich pants I've owned have had issues from belt loops falling off, buttons coming off immediately and having the seams come undone. Nothing like putting on a brand new pair of pants and looking down at your crotch and seeing a hole where your pants have split. I get these pants via mail order, which is a problem because I just don't have the time or energy to return them - and I should have.

In my experience, they're a good design but have lackluster and inconsistent construction.

(As for 5.11s, I personally think that they were much better pants when they were known as Royal Robbins. Their quality have fallen off as well, though I have had much better luck with them not falling apart on me than I have with the Woolrich Elites.)

Dave L.
07-06-08, 17:49
I have Woolrich and 5-11 pants. I was issued 5.11's and I paid out of pocket for Woolrich. My 5.11's collect dust- or I use them when I paint/change oil.
The heavy weights are very thick and better for winter. The light weight ripstop pants are thin but very comfortable, strong, tear resistant.

JLM
07-06-08, 19:35
But every pair of the half dozen Woolrich pants I've owned have had issues from belt loops falling off, buttons coming off immediately and having the seams come undone. Nothing like putting on a brand new pair of pants and looking down at your crotch and seeing a hole where your pants have split. I get these pants via mail order, which is a problem because I just don't have the time or energy to return them - and I should have

Same here, especially when it comes to availing myself of CS and sending stuff back.

Hopefully all of that is behind us now that Woolrich is out of the picture :cool:

Fernando Coelho
07-07-08, 11:51
Nathan Bell – 38 inch inseams are going to have to wait a bit while we get the line launched.

Lancelot – Our lightweight vest is longer than the version we previously designed. But I agree with you that we will need to implement Talls in our shirts and vests. We definitely have that in mind already.

Federale – unfortunately I had no control over the QC standards that were in place with the Elite Series. That was something that was handled by Woolrich. We did report all clothing issues that we heard about back to them, but whether or not problems got addressed we had no say. That is not the case with our own clothing line. We have improved upon our old designs to make sure features are better and stronger (where applicable). We also added new features to also help with the longevity and comfort of the garments.

Dave L. – we have both regular weight and lightweight pants lined up. We even have a heavier duty version planned for later introduction. Pricing wise, I think you’ll be happy with our line.

JLM – We’re doing our best to make sure what we release will be top notch. That is much easier to accomplish since we deal directly with the folks that make our products.

CLHC
07-07-08, 12:14
Way too cool! Looking forward to it. Thanks for the update! :cool:

Steve
07-07-08, 12:25
Soon i hope i have a large order that needs to be placed

RD62
07-07-08, 15:38
Fernando,

I too am excited about your new line coming out. I'm interested to see what new innovations this line will incorporate.

On another note, I wanted to say thank you for bringing Pat to Cola in Dec. If you decide to bring any one else to town please let me know! Being local, that was a real treat!

-RD62

P.S. Here's another 6'4" that'll happily test out some clothes for ya! :D

Fernando Coelho
07-11-08, 20:31
Once we get the line out there, we can start bringing in instructors to the area on a regular basis. I'll be there in December.

pittbull
08-02-08, 01:02
BTT
Any new news?

Multi-G
08-18-08, 18:57
Where can one find 30 x 36 black pants?

Fernando Coelho
08-18-08, 21:16
As it currently stands, we are on schedule for our first shipments to start going out to dealers in the beginning of October. If we ran with the sales samples as they were, we could have had the clothing out two months earlier, but we wanted to make sure the fit was right. We did some additional fine tuning to the fit of both the pants and long sleeve shirts. We think the adjustments (and extra time it took) are well worth it.

pittbull
09-03-08, 22:45
As it currently stands, we are on schedule for our first shipments to start going out to dealers in the beginning of October. If we ran with the sales samples as they were, we could have had the clothing out two months earlier, but we wanted to make sure the fit was right. We did some additional fine tuning to the fit of both the pants and long sleeve shirts. We think the adjustments (and extra time it took) are well worth it.

Looking forward to it!

Fernando Coelho
09-05-08, 17:28
Our website is live. When you have a chance, please check it out.

Thanks!

CLHC
09-05-08, 18:11
Great! Thanks for the heads up! :D

GLOCKMASTER
09-05-08, 18:42
The folks at OP Tactical (http://www.optactical.com/newitems.html) seem to have it in stock.:cool:

pittbull
09-06-08, 01:45
Great www site! well though out, easy to use, and lots of great pics!

redbullets
09-06-08, 07:33
Agreed. I was able to clearly see the features of the clothing from the site, better than on other such sites.

Any plans for adding multicam to the colors in the future, Fernando?

Cheers,

Joe

DrMark
09-06-08, 08:30
Our website, http://www.eotac.com, is live. When you have a chance, please check it out.

Very nice!

PPGMD
09-06-08, 09:05
Hmm I don't see the longer Shorts, I liked those, any chance they might see a come back?

CLHC
10-18-08, 01:23
It's mid October and was curious to know if anyone sells EOTACs straightaway from the shop? OPTactical doesn't have the "ORDER" button for said products.

Fernando Coelho
10-18-08, 08:03
Hmm I don't see the longer Shorts, I liked those, any chance they might see a come back?

Longer shorts are coming, as are other styles that you will like.

Fernando Coelho
10-18-08, 08:05
It's mid October and was curious to know if anyone sells EOTACs straightaway from the shop? OPTactical doesn't have the "ORDER" button for said products.

We will be shipping to OPTactical shortly. They will be one of the first stores receiving products.

Thanks to everyone for your patience. I know the clothing has been a long time coming, but once you try on a shirt or pant, you will see why. Our fit is superior to everything out there.

rob_s
10-18-08, 09:34
Can't wait to get some of the new ones. Any chance these will fit a little slimmer, or a slimmer version being offered?

Fernando Coelho
10-18-08, 12:29
The fit of our clothing is vastly improved over our previous designs. We are using our own Tacti-Fit cut that works better in the types of environments our end users find themselves in.

GLOCKMASTER
10-18-08, 13:16
We will be shipping to OPTactical shortly. They will be one of the first stores receiving products.

Since they are local that is good to know.

Turnkey11
10-24-08, 03:27
I have a couple pairs of the lightweight elite pants and a couple short sleeve instructor shirts; Very comfortable, I made them pretty much range and class attire as the pants will hold a handful of 9mm in the front pockets and if needed the back pockets are big enough to use as a dump pouch if needed in a pinch. Botach usually has the best deals on the woolrich elite line, I havent had a bad experience with them unlike others so far (knock on wood.)

greywolf2112
11-06-08, 15:04
I wore the pants and shirts exclusively during my hunting safari in Namibia. They worked great, held up fine, even through very tough and thorny bushveldt. I plan on getting more in the future.

merge
01-14-09, 18:46
Has anyone actually recieved any of the new clothes yet? I have had a shirt and the jeans on order through one of the distributors since the beginning of December...hopefully worth the wait!!

CLHC
01-14-09, 21:28
Grey Group Training has them instock. . .

merge
01-14-09, 23:13
Thanks, I'll check them out.